Status: Active =)

Don't Give up on Me

You Are The Words I Will Sing

“Lex, it’s time to go.”

“Remind me why we’re going again?” I muttered as I glanced over at Lily. I was sprawled out on the floor, open books surrounding me. The areas was littered with papers. I gnawed on my bottom lip, my face scrunched up in frustration. The proof I had to do for my Abstract Algebra class was enough to drive any sane human to insanity.

“Because you’re a pathetic nerd who has no life and I’m going to change that.” She smirked at me. I rolled over and groaned.

“Gee thanks.” I sarcastically flung my hand over my heart. “Spare my feelings why don’t you.”

“Lex, we've been in London for 3 months now and all you've done is school work. You have to get out and see the city. It’s amazing!”

“While I do not argue with that, I've got studying to do.” I flipped through my book, trying to find the section about permutation groups.

“You always have studying to do. Live a little.” She flung a dress at me. I grunted as it whipped me in the face.

“Lil, I’m a math and engineering major. We’re not supposed to have lives.”

“And I’m not supposed to be living here but I am. Defy the norm Lex. Get dressed, we’re going out.”

“Fine.” I muttered in frustration. I closed my books, gathering all my papers together. I moved all my school stuff out of the common pathway. “Drama majors.” I mumbled as I stalked off to the bathroom, sliding into the dress and running my fingers through my hair before stepping out. I looped my fingers around the straps of my heels. “K, let’s get this over with.”

“Make up Lex.”

“Nope. This is as good as you’re gonna get.” I opened the door and walked out. “Where are we going?”

“You’ll see.” She winked at me and locked the door behind us.

-------------------------------------------

The beat was loud as we walked in. “You’re serious about this?” I yelled over the music as she dragged me in.

“You’ll feel better once you drink.” She grinned wickedly at me and yanked me to the bar with her.
“Here.” She handed me a drink and glared at me until I took a sip.

“Satisfied?”

“Not even remotely, but I’ll settle for this.” She winked as we walked over to an empty table and sat down.

“Hello beautiful” I glanced up to see a stunning man in front of me. “Would you like to dance?” He reached a hand out to Lily.

“Of course!” She squealed, glancing at me. “Sorry girly, I’ll see you soon.” She walked off with the guy and started dancing. I rolled my eyes with a sigh. She’d be gone for the rest of the night. However, I knew if I tried to leave now she’d come after me. I figured I’d give it half an hour and then take off. I played with the straw in my drink and rested my chin in my free hand.

“Dance with me?” I looked up to see a guy who seemed about my age.

“I’m honored for the invite, but I have to say no tonight. Thank you though.”

“Come on. It won’t kill you.”

“You never know.” I replied, coking my head to the side. “Anything could happen.”

“Well why won’t you dance?” I shrugged, taking another sip and grimacing as the sickly sweet liquid poured down my throat. “One dance, please?”

“Why do you want to dance with me so badly?” I grinned up at him.

“You’re beautiful.”

“So are they.” I shrugged and pointed around me. “But you’re only asking me.”

“Okay.” He sighed dejectedly and leaned against the table. “I got dared to get you to dance with me because you don’t seem like you want to be here and I’m a little too cocky for my own good.”

I laughed at that and he loosened up a little. “Okay, I’ll help you out, but only one dance okay?”

“You’re seriously the best.” He gently gripped my hand and led me onto the floor. He pulled me against him and began dancing but I slid out of his grasp. “What?”

“I don’t dance like that. I don't like grinding. It's not real dance.” I replied. “Here, I’ll show you how I dance. I closed my eyes and listened for the beat. I lucked out that the song had a Spanish vibe. I began slowly moving my hips and let the beat fill my body. The crowd of people began to thin around me as I started letting loose. The guy I’d been dancing with held out a hand and pulled me up.

“Okay, okay. So you’ve got some serious moves. How long have you been dancing?”

“Pretty much since I can remember. I’ve trained in almost every style now.” I replied shrugging my shoulders.

“Alright, but you promised me a dance and I can't dance like that.”

“I know, and I’ll dance with you, it just may not be in the way you expect.” I danced with him, moving my hips and playfully resting my hands on his shoulders. I made sure to keep distance between our bodies as the crowd filtered back onto the floor. As the song ended I gave him a brief hug.

“Thanks. You really saved my dignity and reputation on this one.” He winked at me.

“It was fun.” I grinned in response. “Good luck with the rest of your night!” I lightly kissed his cheek before walking back over to my table. My shoulders hunched as I rested my chin in my palm.

NIALL’S POV

“Guys, I’d rather be at Nando’s. I want to eat!” I whined as we sat down.

“You always want to eat Nialler. They’ve got food here you know, it’s just not Nando’s. Suck it up bro, we’re gonna dance and relax tonight.” Zayn replied, clapping a hand on my shoulder.

“Okay.” I muttered, slumping against the chair. The guys chattered around me and I zoned out, feeling my stomach growling. I glanced around the room at the throngs of people winding through tables to the dance floor. One girl caught my eye. She appeared bored as she played with her drink. I smiled slightly at the sight of her. She was beautiful and clearly uncomfortable in this setting. I had to wonder why she was here. A guy walked up to her, total player. I rolled my eyes, about to glance away at the lost cause of this beauty, but he suddenly appeared unsure. She hadn't moved and took a drink as he continued to talk to her. She must have given him a hard time because he rested against the table and talked genuinely with her. She threw her head back in laughter and allowed him to pull her onto the floor. I watched, my interest peaked as he gripped her body and she slid out of his grasp. They seemed to be arguing and she pushed him back slightly and started moving. I stared, entranced, as her body moved fluidly with the music. The crowd around her thinned and I could see her start to let loose. Her movements hit me like wildfire spreading through my veins. She ended her solo moment as the guy gripped her hand and pulled her up. They danced for a song and she gave him a brief hug and a kiss on the cheek before returning to her table.

“Niall!” Louis flung himself across the table at me.

“What?” I asked, not moving my eyes from her.

“What is going on with you? You’ve been zoned out for like 5 minutes.” Liam looked pointedly at me and I tore my gaze away from the alluring beauty across the room. I glanced at each of them before answering.

“I found her.”

ALEXIS’S POV

I pushed my drink away from me, not trusting what could have happened to it in the few minutes I was gone. A group of 5 guys suddenly sat down at my table. “Um hi?” I briefly analyzed each of them and promptly burst out laughing.

“What is so funny love?” One of them spoke.

“You guys. You sit down and each of you has a different agenda with me.”

“What?” Blondie spoke up, shifting in his seat. His soft Irish accent filtered through my ears and I smiled.

“I'll just get into it with you all. I'm sure you'll be uncomfortable, but to be honest I don't care.” I turned to the first guy on my left. “You don’t like me. You think I’m trouble and you’re annoyed that you’re over here. You want me to say something stupid or insulting so you have a real reason to not like me. I may be trouble,” I winked at him, smirking slightly, “but I’m not stupid.”

“Wait a sec-” He tried to cover up for himself.

“You neither like, nor dislike me.” I focused my gaze on the darker one, abruptly halting whatever the serious one was about to say. “You worry about Blondie and for that reason you’re guarded against me. You’re ready to do whatever it takes to keep me in your lives, or banish me depending on what the group wants.” His eyes widened but he shrugged soon after. I turned to the blonde. “You like me. You’re shy so you couldn’t come to me yourself, but you want to get to know me. And I’m guessing from the way you first looked at me that you saw my dance and got hooked. However, you don’t want me for that reason. You liked that I wouldn’t go with that guy at first and think I have a good head on my shoulders. If you ask me nicely I’ll sit and talk with you.” I smiled at him, biting my lip. He blushed and looked down.

“What about me?” The curly haired kid had a low voice. I glanced over at him and stared him down. He shifted in his seat, his eyes widening in realization that I knew what he wanted with me. He looked away.

“I’m coming back to you.” I replied gently, turning to the last boy. “You just want to be my friend. You think it’s hilarious that I can read all of you like this. You also think I’d be a lot of fun to break out of my shell. You’re right, I am. But good luck getting me there.”

“Challenge accepted love” He winked at me. I stuck my tongue out at him.

“Okay Curly,” I looked at him until he met my gaze.

“You wanted me originally, but you know your boy Blondie here wants me for good reasons. You like how I look and thought I’d be a lot of fun in bed.” He shifted uncomfortably. “Wait.” I looked intently at him, seeing an emotion flicker through his eyes before he broke eye contact. “You just want everybody to think you want me. You’re the bad boy of the group and you feel like you have to keep that up. You hate the image though. You don’t like that I may intrude on your group dynamic. You can’t figure me out and it bugs you. You pride yourself on knowing exactly what girls want but I’m different. You’re also worried about me blowing your cover cuz you know that I know who you all are.” I leaned back in my chair.

“How did you do that?” Liam spoke up.

“You really don’t like me now, do you?” I glanced over at him, a grin settling on my lips. “I learned how to read people because I had to.” I shrugged casually. “Liam, I’m not gonna blow your cover. I don’t plan on destroying the group or getting in the way at all. I know I appear to be confident and strong right now but I’m totally not. I hate this scene and I’m only here because of a friend. She dragged me with her. I’m much more comfortable sitting at home, watching movies and eating food.” They exchanged glances. “What?”

“Oh nothing.” Harry spoke quickly.

“How long have you been in London?” Zayn asked.

“It’s been about 3 months. I’m from Minnesota in the U.S.”

“Ah, the state of Minnesota nice.” Harry grinned wickedly at me.

“That doesn’t mean I’m that nice.” I narrowed my eyes at him. “I hate the stigma.”

“Sorry love, he didn’t mean anything by it.” Louis mumbled to me. “What your name?”

“I’m Alexis.” I smiled at him. “Oh, and I know your names, but that’s honestly all I can really tell you about yourselves. I don’t have much time to follow anybody, much less a band that didn’t know who I was until about 5 minutes ago.”

“LEXY WEXY!” I heard Lily’s drunken slur next to me. “You have to sing with me!”

“Lil, you know I don’t sing in public.”

“Come on Lex! Live a little. Let loose! Get these guys to drool over you. You’re gorgeous and you can sing and dance. Come have fun!” She whined at me, tugging at my arm.

“Sorry guys. If I don’t go up there she’ll throw a fit.” I rolled my eyes as I hopped off my chair. “I’ll be back if you wanna stay. If you don’t I totally get it.” I walked over to Niall, leaning close to his ear. “But you Blondie, you fascinate me. I’d love to get to know you.” I sashayed away from the table, helping Lily get close to the stage.

“Okay miss, it’s all set up for you. The mic is by the piano and everything is on. Good luck.”

“I thought-“ I started.

“Go!” Lily interrupted. “Sing your feelings dollface!” I rolled my eyes but jumped up on the stage anyway.

“Hey everybody!” I spoke into the mic, feeling my insides freeze up as I sat behind the piano. “I’m gonna cover Demi Lovato and maybe even throw in a special cover for a few people I met tonight.” I winked over at the guys sitting at the table. “Hope you like it.” I began playing and sang with emotions running deep. The crowd burst into applause as I finished. I blushed as they started calling for an encore. “Alright, one more. This goes out to the guys I met tonight. Hopefully they like it!” I grinned at the guys as I started to sing. I got off the stage as quickly as I could when I finished playing. As I made my way back to the table multiple people congratulated me on my performance. I smiled and thanked them, more focused on getting away from the crowd than how I did.

“You’re incredible.” Liam voiced loudly over the music that blasted through the speakers again. He looked pissed off.

“Gee thanks.” I rolled my eyes in his direction.“Sound more excited why don’t you?”

“Whatever.” He glanced away, pulling out his phone.

“Hey, I’d love to stay and chat but I hate being around crowds of people who notice me.”

“Where are you going?” Louis was the first to speak.

“I dunno, I’ll find a place. Maybe I’ll just head home. I’ve got homework waiting for me.” I shrugged, craning my neck to look for Lily.

“Come hang out with us!” Louis looped an arm around my shoulders. “We’re fun!”

“Are you sure?” I looked at all of them, except Liam.

“We’re positive.” Niall spoke. I smiled as I met his eyes.

“Alright. Let’s go stir up some trouble.”

“No.” Liam groaned next to me.

“My goodness Li, chill out. I’m just kidding! Let’s go!” I tugged him from his seat and began walking out into the gorgeous night in London.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you like it!!