Status: Active =)

Don't Give up on Me

When You Pull Me Close, Feelings I've Never Known...

ALEXIS’S POV

I stirred in Niall’s bed, feeling him trace shapes on my arm. “Good morning beautiful.” He kissed my cheek softly. “I like waking up to you.” I rolled onto my back, staring up at the ceiling.

“I like this too, but how will we get out of here without more rumors and problems?”

“Is that really the first thing on your mind?” I sat up as he looked over at me.

“No.” I blushed. “You were this morning.”

“Oh really?” He teased.

“Yes really.” I giggled, slipping my arms around him and pressing a soft kiss to the side of his neck. His breath faltered slightly as I trailed my lips to his collarbone. My teeth grazed his soft flesh and he let out a groan.

“Lex.” He slipped his hands down my arms and I pulled back. “You can’t do things like that if I have to stop.”

“Sorry Niall.” I bit my lip.

“Or that.” He breathed, pulling me in for a quick kiss. “Come on darlin’. We’ve got to get going for the day. I’ll sneak you out the back way while I go out the front and pick you up a block from here. I tried to give you more time to sleep so I got ready while you slept.”

“Thanks Ni.” I slipped out of bed. “But first I have to pee.” He laughed as I walked to his bathroom, taking some time to get ready.

“We’ve got to go Lex!” He called out a few minutes later.

“Alright alright!” I rolled my eyes as dried my hands. “Let’s go!”

“Wonderful Lex. Let’s get out of here. I’m starvin'.” He pulled me out the door, locking it behind me. I giggled as we ran down the staircase. “It’s this way.” He motioned for me to follow him through a small hallway. We walked into a large kitchen.

"A kitchen Niall? This isn't a hotel or anything, right?" I looked up to him for an explanation.

"No, but this place has a restaurant on the main level. The kitchen is a bonus to the nice building." He grinned at me, kissing my temple gently.

“Good morning Mr. Horan.” One of the staff smiled at us.

“Good morning. I’ll be back through in a moment.”

“Not ready for the world to start any rumors about you like they have with your buddy?” The head chef winked at us.

“Not yet. I’ve never had any girls to protect or hide from the ravenous cameras, but I want to keep Lex safe.” He kissed the top of my head and I blushed.

“You two are very sweet.” One of the other cooks looked at us with a large grin.

“Thank you for being so understanding.” I smiled at them.

“Do you want any fruit?”

“Really?” I asked quietly. “Are you sure? I don’t want to impose at all.”

“I like her Niall.” The head chef said. I flushed, looking down. “Here, you can pick whatever you’d like.”

“Are you sure?” I hesitated before walking over to the counter. “Is an apple okay?”

“It’s perfect.” He smiled warmly at me.

“My name is Alexis.” I reached out my hand.

“I’m Chris. I’d shake your hand but I’m covered in food.” He laughed. “Niall?” He looked over at Niall.

“Chris, my man. You’re the absolute best.” Niall grabbed some fruit and led me through the chaos to the back door. “Okay darling’, hang out here and I’ll be back to pick you up in a moment.”

“Niall?” I called him back before he got too far.

“Yeah?”

“I just wanted one thing” He cocked his head slightly, raising an eyebrow. I grinned before kissing him quickly. I pulled back but he gripped my waist.

“I’m not done yet.” He grinned, resting his forehead against mine. He pressed his lips against mine again. I flung my arms around his neck, pressing myself tightly against him. He grinned as he separated our bodies. “I’ll see you soon beautiful.”

“Okay.” I grinned at him, watching him walk away from me. I sighed, leaning against the back of the building. My thoughts were running wild. See, I’d never been in a relationship of any kind before. It’s not that guys hadn’t tried, or that I didn’t want to be. David just got in the way. This whole feeling was new to me. I didn’t know how to take the intensity of the feelings I had for Niall, nor did I have any clue how to tell him that I didn’t want to be just a hook up for him. He was very understanding with me, but I had no way of knowing whether he wanted more than just sex. He seemed like too good of a guy to hit it and quit it, but I wasn’t confident in my ability to attract a decent guy.

I broke out of my thoughts as Chris opened the door. “You and Niall then?”

“I don’t know.” I blushed, stammering slightly. “We don’t have a label on us at all. We only met a few days ago.”

“Well if he’s willing to let you spend the night, then you must be very important to him. He also is trying to protect you from the press, which means he doesn’t want you hurt or frightened off.”

I dreaded hearing the answer to my question, but I knew I had to ask it to be assured in my thoughts. “Chris, does he do this with a lot of girls?”

“No. You’re the first one he’s brought through here. He has snuck out a time or two, but he’s never had a girl come out this way before.” He smiled warmly at me and I could sense the sincerity of his tone.

“I am?” He nodded, grinning at me. “I guess I just figured that he’d done this to protect his reputation as the band’s most innocent one.”

“Oh I’m not saying he’s all that innocent, but he’s never brought a girl through the kitchen before. You must mean a lot to Niall.”

“Thank you Chris.”

“Don’t thank me.” He replied with a chuckle. “It’s good to know that he’s found somebody he likes. He’s come down to the kitchen while his friends are out with their ladies quite often.” I raised an eyebrow at him. “Niall doesn’t do one night stands.” He smiled at me. “Good to know, right?”

“Oh, we didn’t…” I trailed off, a blush covering my cheeks.

“Sorry, I shouldn’t have implied anything.” He clapped me on the shoulder. “I’ll see you around, I’m sure of it. I’ve got to get back to the kitchen before they burn it down.”

“See you around Chris!” I grinned at him as he left. Niall pulled up, the window down.

“It’s good to see you alive after you talked with Chris. What did he tell you?”

“Oh, nothing.” I smirked. “We just talked about the weather. Also, only you would live in a building with its own kitchen.” I winked at him as I climbed into the car. We took off and drove to my flat.

-------------------------------

“Lex!” Lily whined. “You can’t keep ignoring me. I want to hear about your night!”

“It’s nothing!” I insisted, my cheeks flaming red.

“You’re blushing Lexy. Something happened.” She grabbed the shirt from my hand before I could slide it over my head.

“Lily! Give me my shirt back!” I yelled, straining to reach above her head. “I’m standing here in my bra, give me my shirt!”

“Not until you tell me what happened!” She replied, leaping out of my reach.

“Dang girl!” I heard Harry’s drawl from the door.

“Get out!” I screamed, slamming the door in his face. “Lily! I could kill you right now! I have to get ready for school. Give me my shirt so we can make breakfast and get everybody out of here on time.”

“Lex.” Lily’s reproachful tone filtered through my ears. “You can tell me sweetie. I promise not to laugh.” She handed over my shirt and I pulled it from her fingertips.

“Okay. Last night after you all left, we put a movie in. It was so hard Lil. He’s so attractive and I didn’t know what to do. I’ve never dealt with this before. He was holding me and the tension was just too much so I pulled away.”

“Of course you did.” She groaned.

“Just wait.” I took a deep breath before I continued. “He asked what he could do to help and I told him I didn’t know and that I was trying to adjust to being alone with a guy. He told me that he was having a really hard time not kissing me. I told him to kiss me and he made sure I was okay with it and then he kissed me. God, Lily when he kissed me I lost it. It was like fire in my veins. I kissed him back, even though I didn’t know what I was doing. We kinda got tangled in each other. It was so delicious Lil.”

“What happened next!? Did you two do it?”

“No Lil! First, that’s not who I am. Second, Harry walked in at that moment to get his phone. It kinda killed the mood. Niall and I finished the movie after Harry left. He didn’t kiss me during the movie and apologized for it. He said that he didn’t want to mess us up by kissing me all the time. He said that he wanted each kiss to mean something and keep the kisses intimate.” She squealed, begging me for more. “Well, we finished the movie and then we went to bed.” I blushed, remembering the urgency of his kiss. I found myself craving his touch, the roughness of his fingertips ghosting across my skin.

“There’s more. There has to be more!” I grinned, slipping the shirt over my head.

“Well, he carried me to his bed and kissed my forehead. As our eyes locked, there was this intensity in his eyes that made me so nervous. My breathing changed and he said he loved that he affected me like that. I told him the truth, that it scared me. He kissed my cheek and asked if that scared me. I closed my eyes and shook my head. He kissed my collarbone and I may have slightly freaked out because it felt so good. He pulled back and kissed me. I instantaneously pulled his body closer and he started kissing my neck. Lil, I didn’t know I could feel that good. I had no idea. I’m sorry for all the times I’ve judged you for letting guys kiss you like that. It was amazing. He hit this spot and I lost control of my body. I even moaned.” She burst into laughter. “Lily, you promised.” I pouted.

“You’re just so embarrassed. Lex, there’s nothing wrong with liking that feeling. It’s amazing, right?” I blushed deeper but continued my story.

“He stopped kissing me when I moaned. He said that he wanted things to be slow with us and to have us be more than sex. Lily, he’s amazing.” I flung myself on my bed. “I just don’t know what we are. You know me, I’m not the kind of girl who just kisses guys. I don’t know Lily. I can’t navigate this. I need you.”

“I know sweetie. I know. Just, be patient with him. He really likes you. Anybody who has eyes can see that. He’s not going to use you, he made sure he didn’t last night.”

“Thank you Lil. I trust you.” I turned to her with a grin on my face. “What happened with you and Harry?”

“He’s so much deeper than people realize Lex.” She sighed, sinking onto the bed with me. “I mean, granted we made out in the hall before he realized he left his phone at Niall’s flat. But, he was just proving that if he wanted to get me in bed he’d just kiss me and not use a line to pick me up. After he got his phone we went back to our flat and talked for hours. He didn’t even try to kiss me. Lex, it was so good to be seen and not just noticed for a change. I got tired and we decided to sleep. He was going to sleep on the couch before I told him he could sleep in my bed. He kissed my cheek before saying goodnight and we slept. It was amazing Lex.”

“Good.” I laughed as we stood up. “I’m glad he treated you so well. You deserve it. Now, let’s go make them breakfast!”

-------------------

“I had no idea you could cook too!” Louis commented through a mouthful of food.

“Lou, come on.” Harry rolled his eyes. “Be polite.”

“It’s all good.” I grinned at him. “I’m not the most polite person either.” I shoved a forkful of food into my mouth.

“Lex.” Lily warned.

“Lily.” I replied with my mouth still stuffed. “I’m not going to hide who I am.”

“Niall is here.” She replied. “Be a lady.”

“I like her like this. You and Hazza can go be polite-freaks together.” Niall replied, wrapping his arms around my waist. I leaned into his chest and he softly kissed my temple. I continued eating, observing the chatter around me. “By the way, I really like your outfit today darlin’.” His hands drifted down my sides and I grinned.

“Thanks Niall.” I hopped off the stool at the counter and grabbed my backpack. “Guys, I love you all but I have to leave for class or I’ll walk in late and I hate that. I’ll see you soon okay?”

“Sounds good love.” Louis gave me a hug, squeezing me tightly. Harry stepped up next, followed by Liam.

“What, don’t like me?” I raised an eyebrow at Zayn who was eating on the couch.

“Na, I don’t do mornings and you lot made me get up.” He replied sourly.

“Oh whatever. I’ll see you soon.” I grinned before throwing my arms around him. I walked over to my door where Niall was standing.

“Let me walk you out?” He requested softly. I nodded, ignoring the whispers of the rest of the group who clearly thought this was adorable. “Did you have a chance to finish all your homework?” He asked quietly. “I know we kidnapped you this weekend.”

“Yeah. I did it all when Lil curled my hair.” I replied.

“Okay good. If you ever need to get your homework done, just tell us and we’ll let you be.” He chuckled lightly. “The guys know where you live now, so don’t be surprised if they just show up at your door every once in a while.”

“What about you?” I looked over at him as we reached the exit of my building.

“What about me?”

“Will you be there too?”

“Of course I will.” He kissed my forehead gently before pulling me in for a hug. “Have fun at school. We’ve got an interview we have to be at in half an hour so we’ll be taking off soon. Maybe I’ll get to see you tonight!”

“Bye Niall.” I whispered, leaning in to kiss his cheek. My lips lingered for a moment before I turned and walked out the door.