Status: Active =)

Don't Give up on Me

And You're The Wind That Swept Me Off My Feet

“I told you they’d be in here.” I could hear Harry’s slow drawl. I felt the weight of Niall's arm across my body and the heat from his body mixing with mine. Our breathing had combined to the same rhythm. A small smile settled on my lips at the thought of being asleep with Niall.

“Is she okay?” Liam’s worried tone filled the room. I could hear his footsteps as he walked into the room.

“What the hell man. You can’t be serious right now.” Harry's tone was forced, as if he was holding himself back.

“What?”

“You know Niall’s falling for her. Back off.” Harry growled menacingly.

“I know! I know! It’s not like that. Look. I talked with her last night. I think she’s been through more than she lets on and I worry about her. I promised her I’d help protect her Harry. I’m not interested in her like that.”

“Good.” Niall rasped from next to me. I stayed where I was, hoping to hear more. “Sorry I got so mad at you last night Li. She talked to me about it and I trust you.”

“Well get up! We’ve got a day planned for her.” Louis burst through the door, rocketing onto the bed. His head smacked against my stomach and I curled up with a moan, trying to catch my breath.

“Lou, are you crazy?” Niall barked, shoving Louis off the bed. “Are you okay?” His hand softly traced the curve of my back. I gasped loudly, trying to get air back into my lungs. “Alexis, you have to breathe.” He muttered.

“Alexis I’m so sorry! I didn’t mean to hurt you! I promise! God, I’m so stupid!”

“Well, that’s true but not even remotely because of this.” I wheezed out as I clutched my stomach.

“Hey!” Louis yelped in disbelief. I giggled and sat up. “So you’re okay?”

“Yes. I’m good.” I smiled at him. “Can you give us a sec to get up and then we can go out for the day?”

“Alright.” He sighed, leading the others out the door.

“Good morning Niall.” I beamed up at him. “Thanks for making sure I was alright.”

“Always Alexis.” He smiled at me. Our eyes locked and we stared intensely at each other. He began leaning toward me but I pulled away, looking away from his gorgeous blue eyes. “Is something wrong?”

“No, not at all.” I murmured, moving to get out of his bed.

“Alexis.” He breathed softly as his hands slid down my arms. He pressed his chest against my back. “Be honest with me.” He whispered in my ear. “What’s wrong?”

“My stomach hurts.” I replied biting my lip gently, hiding the full truth.

“Do you need anything for it? I could get you some ice.” He asked while pulling away from me. I stood up from the bed and shook my head. “Are you sure?”

“Yeah, I should get home and shower and change before I agree to hang out with your crazy friends for the day.”

“Oh, of course.” He looked down.

“Do you want to come with? That way I can easily meet up with you guys after and we can get to know each other better.”

“Really?” The eagerness in his tone was unmistakable.

“Yeah, only if you want to.” I replied, flushing slightly and biting my lip.

“You have to stop that.” He groaned. I smirked at him and flounced out of the room.

“Welcome! Breakfast anybody?” Harry turned slightly from the stove, flipping a pancake.

“I was actually gonna go back to my flat and change.” I replied quietly. “But it smells amazing.”

“We can head out after we eat.” Niall murmured in my ear, wrapping his arms around my body. “Sound good?”

“Mmhmm.” I responded, attempting to regulate my heartbeat. This boy was trouble for me. My heart wasn’t supposed to race. I wasn’t supposed to lose the ability to breathe and think. I was supposed to be strong and independent, rejecting any male that entered my life. I had to get rid of this attraction. It was the only safe option for both of us.

“Here.” Liam motioned to a plate on the counter.

“Oh my word. Bacon.” I gaped at the sight of the delicious meat.

“You a fan?” Liam looked over at me.

“Are you kidding? It’s food. Food is good.” I took a huge bite of bacon and moaned loudly as the bacon melted in my mouth. “Sorry.” I blushed and ducked my head.

“It’s okay. It’s pretty hot.” Harry smirked, sliding pancakes in front of me.

“Shut up perv.” I rolled my eyes and smothered my pancakes with syrup. Niall reached over with a fork and cut a portion of my pancake. “Whoa. Hold up there Blondie. You don’t get my food.” I grabbed his wrist before he could move the fork away.

“What?” He indignantly cried out.

“Would you share your food with me?”

“No.” He raised his eyebrows at me. “I don’t share my food.”

“And I don’t share mine. Deal with it.” I chomped down on his fork, savoring the sweetness of the syrup.

“You two are ridiculous. It’s just food.” Liam remarked.

“Just food?” Niall gaped.

“Sacrilege!” I exclaimed at the same time, pointing at Liam. “Down with the peasant, down with the infidel!”

“He must be punished for this mutiny!” Niall cried out, swiping Liam’s plate of bacon. “Quick!” He ran out of the room, grabbing another plate. I followed close behind, picking up the plates I had in front of me. We darted into Niall’s room and he locked the door.

“Give me my bacon!” Liam pounded on the door.

“I call treason! No! You do not respect the food so you don't get to eat it.” I yelled through the door, giggling as Liam continued to hit the door.

“This isn’t funny!” He bellowed. “I want my bacon back.”

"It's just food!" I called back jokingly.

"Alexis!" He yelled, slamming a fist against the door.

“Liam. Shut the hell up!” Zayn’s groggy voice rang through the flat.

“Good work partner.” I grinned at Niall. “I’m a fan of having all this food to ourselves.”

“Me too.” He laughed. I smiled wider at the sound of his laugh. “Just so you know, you and Lou are going to be great friends. Let’s eat some food. I guess we shouldn’t eat all of it, even though it sounds awesome.” We ate quickly, neither of us talking. We just relaxed, waking up in each other’s company. After we finished we stood up and walked back into the kitchen.

“Here’s your bacon Liam.” I grinned and placed his plate in front of him.

“Whatever.” He rolled his eyes at me.

“Oh come on.” I replied flinging my arms around his neck. “You can’t stay mad at me.” I pulled back and pouted.

“That sucks. You can’t pull that face on me.” He smiled, shaking his head.

“You’re still here?” Zayn lifted his head from the couch.

“Of course! That’s why I told you to get your lazy bum over here.” Louis laughed.

“But I thought you were leaving last night.” He sank back onto the couch.

“It’s complicated. I’m actually about to go back to my flat though and get ready for whatever Lou planned for the day.”

“I’m going with her.” Niall commented from the kitchen. “Lou, text me and we’ll meet you wherever you first planned things.”

“Alright. Have fun guys.” He winked at me.

“Use protection!” Harry shouted from the kitchen as Niall and I left the flat.

“Sorry.” Niall mumbled, not looking at me. His cheeks flushed.

“It’s okay.” I smiled wryly. “They’re just being your friends.”

“Still, don’t mind Harry.”

“I won’t.” I grinned. “He’s just being himself.”

“So where are we off to?”

“Um.” I froze, trying to remember where my flat was.

“You don’t know your address?”

“No! I know it! I just don’t remember it.” I shut my eyes and scrunched up my face, tracing designs in the air.

“What are you doing?” He was clearly trying to keep himself from laughing out loud.

“I’m remembering.” I suddenly opened my eyes and jumped up and down. “I got it!” I told him my address and he motioned for me to step outside.

“Niall! Where are you headed? Who’s the girl?” Cameras flashed rapidly as we stepped outside.

“Stick with me and I’ll keep you safe.” Niall murmured in my ear. He guided me safely to a Range Rover and opened the door for me. I slid inside, blushing as I realized what I was wearing. He slid in the other side and started the car. “You okay?” He asked, lightly brushing his hand against the side of my face.

“Yeah.” I replied softly, chewing anxiously on my lower lip.

“Damn it Alexis. You really have to stop that.” He groaned, his eyes darkening.

“Sorry. I’m just anxious about them.” I looked out the window at the paparazzi.

“I’m sorry they’re here. I really am. Let’s get to your place. They won’t know where that is and won’t be able to follow us.” He reached over and squeezed my hand gently, his thumb brushing the top of it.

“Thanks Niall.” I murmured, smiling at him. He pulled into the traffic and we drove to my flat.

“So, Alexis. Where are you from originally? I know you said last night, but I kinda forgot.”

“Minnesota, in the States.”

“Why’d you move here?”

“Well, I go to King’s College. I’ve been there about a semester.” I replied quietly.

“What made you choose London though? You could have stayed in the U.S.” He commented, keeping his eyes trained on the road. I was extremely grateful for that as I dropped my eyes to my lap.

“I just needed a new start to life.” I responded, twisting my fingers together.

“Alright, I won’t push for more. When you’re ready will you tell me?”

“I will, I promise. It’s just not something you need to know.” I replied.

“Okay.” He glanced over at me briefly. “You’re at King’s? What are you studying?”

“Mathematics and engineering.” I replied, smirking at the shock on his face. “I’m smarter than I seem.”

“Oh, it’s not that. It’s just a very competitive place.” He smiled.

“I know. The pressure is a little too intense sometimes.” I sighed. “But I love learning, so it’s worth it.”

“So you’re a nerd?” He teased.

“Pretty much.” I replied, grinning as I saw my flat building approaching.

“Good. I like nerds.” I blushed, playing with the hem of his shirt I was still wearing. “Is this it?” He’d stopped the car in front of my building.

“Yeah” I responded. We got out of the car and walked up to the door of my building. “Oh.” I turned to face him. “I should apologize in advance for my roommate.”

“Is she a fan?”

“She’s a drama major, so she's a little out there and excitable.” I replied, feeling the anxiety settle back into my stomach. “And, as much as I love her, she kinda sleeps around. I’m surprised she and Harry haven’t met yet.” I winked up at him, my tongue pressing against the bottom of my teeth.

“What’s her name?” He asked as we entered the elevator.

“Lily.” I replied, tucking myself into the corner of the elevator. “But I call her Lil.” He nodded, suddenly growing very quiet. I watched his muscles tense and his breathing deepen. “Are you okay?” He nodded slightly. “Niall.” I walked closer to him. I slid my hand down his arm and tickled my fingers across his palm. He glanced down at our hands, gently linking our fingers together. “Look at me Niall. I’m right here.” He raised his eyes, looking into my own. “It’s okay.” I murmured as the elevator doors opened. We stepped out and his body began to relax.

“Thanks Alexis.” He looked down at me and tucked a strand of hair behind my ear. “How’d you know?” He spoke softly as he gazed intensely into my eyes.

I gulped as his hand crept to the back of my neck. “You tensed and your breathing changed.” I couldn’t pry my eyes away from his. Mine widened as fear’s fingers squeezed my heart.

“Sorry.” He muttered, pulling his hand away and awkwardly rubbing the back of his neck.

“Let’s just go into my flat.” I stammered, blushing lightly.