Status: Active =)

Don't Give up on Me

I'm Under Your Spell

“How was the ride?” I asked, looking at the flushed faces of the girls before me. I was still trying to shake the feelings Niall was giving me. He brought butterflies to my stomach and pushed me from my comfort zone. He captivated me and that scared me.

“It was amazing!” Ashley grinned broadly. She turned to look at the guys in One Direction. “Thank you!” Each of the four hugged the guys and smiled at me. “And thank you.” Ashley spoke as the others nodded emphatically.

“Me? I didn’t do anything.”

“That’s not true.” Eliana broke in. “You’re the reason we got to go on a ride with them. We owe you for that.”

“It was nothing really.” I blushed from the attention. “I’m just glad you had fun.”

“You’re the best!” Kate giggled, throwing her arms around me. “Thank you.”

“Really,” Mary hugged me briefly. “Thank you.”

“You’re welcome.” I managed, even though I couldn’t understand why they needed to thank me. Ashley and Eliana both gave me hugs before running off in a group. I watched in confusion as they ran away.

“You were wonderful.” Liam looked shocked at me.

“I didn’t do anything!” I exclaimed, throwing my hands in the air in my frustration.

“You don’t get it, do you?” Zayn sat on the nearest bench, motioning me to sit by him.

“Get what exactly?” I complied with his request, tucking my legs underneath my body.

“To most of our fans, meeting us is the greatest single moment in their life.” Harry murmured. “We don’t really understand why, but it is.”

“You made their dreams come true today.” Louis put in.

“Okay?” I furrowed my eyebrows, even more confused.

“Don’t worry about it love.” Louis chuckled at the look on my face. He extended a hand, bowing slightly. “Let’s get to our next surprise.”

“There’s more?”

“You could say that. We’re going out to a nice party tonight.” Louis grinned. “We’re going back to your place so you can change.”

“And so that we can meet your lovely roommate.” Harry smirked at me. I gripped the hand Louis offered and let him pull me up. I stalked over to Harry, very deliberate with my actions.

“You.” I poked him in the chest. “You are not to flirt with Lily. You can talk to her but I reserve the right to slap you across the face if you try anything.” I growled at him as my eyes shot daggers. “She’s gorgeous, but I will not let you hurt her.”

“Is she now?” Harry raised his eyebrows, looking to Niall for confirmation.

“She’s fit man, but I’d watch out for Alexis here.” He grinned in response, glancing at me briefly. “As small as she is, I believe she could pack quite a punch.” He winked at me and I shook my head as giggles escaped from my lips.

“Alright.” Harry held his hands up. “But if she flirts with me first, am I allowed to flirt back?”

“Be cautious, but yes. If you hurt her I will ruin your life.” I warned before I turned to Louis. “Okay, I’m ready to go back.”

“Good.” He smiled warmly, linking arms with me. “Let’s go then!” He grabbed my hand and yanked me along the path back to a car. I froze slightly as I noticed a man in the bushes with a camera.

“Louis.” I tugged at his arm gently. He looked down at me. I stood on my toes to whisper in his ear. “There’s a man in those bushes. I think he’s looking at us.”

“What?” He turned his head slightly, catching sight of the guy. “Damn.” He muttered. “Okay, stick with me. We’re going to get out of here as fast as we can. The others will find us soon.” He wrapped an arm around my waist, glancing around him and walking rapidly to the car waiting for us. He opened the door and helped me inside, resting his hand on my lower back. I got in and leaned against him, shutting my eyes. “Are you okay?”

“What are they going to say?” I didn’t move, speaking quietly.

“About?”

“The pictures. I know they took them for gossip. What will they say?”

“They’ll assume I’m cheating on El.” He replied quietly, slinging his arm around me. He rested his chin on the top of my head. “It’s okay. El understands about my life. She’ll just want to meet you.”

“I didn’t know you were dating somebody.”

“Yeah, she’s amazing. We’re quite happy together.” He replied as the door opened.

“You guys okay?” Liam climbed in first.

“We’re fine.” Louis replied. “There may be some backlash from this. I’m not sure what they’re thinking now.”

“Man.” Harry ran his hand through his curls. “Between Niall, myself, Liam, and now you Lou they’ve got a lot to speculate.”

“At least I’m safe.” Zayn remarked. “I’m not sure Perrie and I need anything else going on right now.” He looked down.

“You okay?” I asked hesitantly, moving over to sit by Zayn.

“Yeah.” He replied, his body conflicting with the word. I slipped my hand through his arm, tucking my body closer to his. I leaned against him, softly rubbing circles on his arm as the driver started the car. “Thanks.” He whispered.

“Always.” I glanced over at Niall who was watching me with an undecipherable look on his face. I raised an eyebrow at him. He smiled and shook his head at me. I shrugged and rested against Zayn as we pulled up in front of my building.

“Alright love.” Louis hopped out of the car first, offering his hand to me. I smiled as I accepted his help out of the SUV. “Ready to go up?”

“Of course.” I led the way to my flat as we walked up the stairs. “How fancy is this thing tonight?”

“Lily knows.” Niall piped up from the back of the group.

“Why does she know and I don’t?” I questioned. “That’s not fair.”

“Well,” Louis grinned at me. “She’s coming with us, but it’s still a surprise for you.” I rolled my eyes and kept walking up the stairs. We made our way to my door and I pressed my ear against it. I could hear Lily singing in the flat and I knew she was alone still. I pushed my key into the lock and opened the door.

“You coming in?” I half turned to face the guys waiting impatiently behind me.

“Of course.” Liam replied. I walked in, letting the rest of them follow.

“Lil, I’m home.” I called out. She ran into the room, slightly out of breath. “Were you pretending you’re a professional singer again?” I grinned at her.

“Shut up.” She rolled her eyes at me. “We’re getting you dressed, then we’ll talk to the boys.” She yanked me out of the room and into my bedroom. “You know,” she started.

“Don’t say it.” I warned.

“Harry is hotter than I expected.” She winked at me.

“Oh come on Lil. You don’t do relationships and the last thing I need is awkward tension between you guys.” She began rummaging through my closet, pulling out dresses, as well as different tops and pants.

“It won’t be awkward.” She replied, shoving an outfit in my arms. “Put it on.”

“Lil, I’m capable of picking out my own clothes.” I stripped off my shirt and pulled the dress over my head.

“Wrong outfit.” She flung another one at me. I grunted as it whipped me in the face. "And maybe he's worth a relationship. How should I know? I've never taken the time to get to know a guy before doing him. Maybe Harry is different."

"He could be, I'm not arguing against that. Just don't get hurt Lil." I tried on that outfit and she shook her head.

"Nope. It's not enough." She flung another dress at me.

“Lily, what is going on? Why are you acting like this?”

“Lex, I love you like you’re my sister.” She looked at me as I took off the dress on pulled on the next outfit. “You need to be careful with these guys. They’re famous. Cameras and screaming girls follow them everywhere. I want you to be safe.”

“I am Lil. Why are you so nervous about this? You’re the one who told me I needed a life.”

“I know. I just worry about the pressure being friends with them can bring.” She responded quietly. “Lex, you have to be careful.”

“Lil, I’m not the same person I used to be.” I replied.

“I like that one, even though it's not a dress.” She mused, looking me over. “And I know you’re not. I just don’t want anything to happen again.”

“It won’t Lily.” I walked over and gave her a hug. “I promise.”

“Okay Lex. I trust you. But if you get bad you have to let me know.”

“I will, I promise.” I released her from my hold and we walked back into the living area of the flat.

“Wow.” Harry glanced over at me, his jaw dropping slightly. “You look stunning.” He smirked at me. I shook my head at him, feeling uncomfortable, and walked over to the table. I opened my textbook sitting there and immersed myself in the math. I listened to the conversation around me while mulling over possible solutions to the proof.

“I’m sorry about her.” Lily spoke first.

“Don’t be.” Niall’s Irish accent filtered into the conversation. “It’s admirable how hard she works.”

“Besides, now we can get to know you.” Harry’s slow drawl was clear.

“What do you want to know?” Lily moved over to me, heating the curling iron on the counter.

“Are you from Minnesota too?”

“Yep.” She replied. “Lex and I have known each other since we were kids.”

“Ah. That makes sense then.” Zayn’s soft voice sounded. “Whose idea was it to move here?” I tensed, swallowing as I closed my eyes. Lily squeezed my shoulder gently and I smiled, relaxing while I went back to my math while she touched up my curls.

“It was Lex’s.” Lily replied softly. “She wanted to move away for a while. I wanted a change of pace so I came with.” Lily finished my curls as I wrote out the last proof I needed. I gently set my pencil down and carefully tucked my proof into a folder before looking up at the guys.

“What?”

“You’re just very focused on your work.” Liam responded.

“I know. It’s important to me, so I devote time to it.”

“Why did you want to move?” Harry asked. I flinched slightly, my fingers curling around the dog tag hanging from my neck.

“Sorry to take her, but I have to help her with makeup to complete the look.” Lily looked pointedly at the guys as we left the room. We entered her part of the flat and shut the door behind us. “Are you okay?” She asked me quietly.

“Yeah.” I nodded, moving to her makeup stash. “Thanks Lil."

“I’m always here for you Lex. I know it’s hard, but at some point they may need to know.”

“I know.” I whispered, tears pricking at my eyes. “But until then I’m staying quiet.”

“Alright, let’s get your look completed and I’ll finish mine.” She smiled at me, moving to pull out the right makeup.

NIALL’S POV

I watched as Lily pulled Alexis out of sight. Alexis’s hand didn’t move from its tight grip around the dog tags she wore. “What happened?” Harry asked confused. “All I did was ask why she left.”

“That’s the thing.” Liam replied. “She’s been very hurt before, anybody can see that.”

“The question is,” I put in. “What hurt her?”

“I don’t know.” Zayn murmured gently. “But I think we need to wait for her to tell us whatever happened. I don’t think we can just ask her.”

“I agree.” Louis looked up at us from his phone. “Also, there’s something you all need to see.” He handed me his phone and I scrolled through the various gossip sites. Many speculated who she was dating, if Louis was cheating, or if Harry found another tryst to start. Most though were asking about my standing with her. There were pictures of Harry with her, me with her, but the worst were of Louis. One of the pictures showed her leaning in toward him and by all appearances she was kissing his cheek. Another showed his hand on the small of her back as she was about to get into the SUV. I sighed knowing the fans would eat her alive and the gossip would be inescapable. There was no way to protect her from all of that, even though I wanted to. I could see that behind those walls she kept up, she was fragile and scared. I passed the phone to Harry.

“How dare they?” His voice was low and hushed. I broke out of my own thoughts and searched Harry’s face. He was livid. He clutched the phone in his hands, the veins popping in his neck. His right hand brushed through his hair.

“What’s going on?” Lex’s voice filtered through my ears.

ALEXIS’S POV

I walked out in to the main area of the flat as Lily finished getting ready. Louis was slumped against the back of his chair playing with his fingers. Niall was completely lost in his thoughts, the emotions in his eyes switching between anger, sadness, and worry. His body was tense as he passed the phone to Harry. “How dare they?” I could hear Harry say. His tone was quiet, but filled with rage. I watched as his expression turned outraged while Liam and Zayn leaned over to see whatever was on the phone. One of Harry’s hands ran clumsily through his hair.

“What’s going on?” I probed the guys. Louis looked over at me guiltily. Niall looked pained and I pushed aside the urge to hug him. Harry looked at me the fury in his eyes softening into worry. Zayn looked at me as if I was a puppy that just got kicked to the curb. Liam immediately walked over to me.

“Remember what I tried to warn you about?” He looked at me with concern.

“Yeah?”

“The posted the pictures.” Louis looked at me. “I’m really sorry.”

“For what?” I asked, genuinely confused.

“Come here, you should see this.” Niall requested softly. I walked over and settled into the chair next to him as he held out his phone. “They’re going crazy on Twitter. Not everything is bad, but there’s a lot on here. Do you have an account?”

“Na, I never bothered to get one. It’s okay Niall.” I murmured, scrolling through a few of the comments. Most of them were the same old thing, claiming I wasn’t pretty enough or good enough or accomplished enough. I smiled at the boys. “Really you guys, things are alright. I’m not going to fall apart because of this. They love you all and I understand why they’re hesitant to accept people in your lives. For all they know I could hurt you or break your hearts or split up the band. It makes sense to me. I’m protective of people in my life too, it’s okay. Besides, I look great in these pictures!" I winked at Niall and he breathed a sigh of relief.

“What are you guys talking about?” Lily stepped out of her room. I watched Harry’s jaw drop at the sight of her. I grinned and nudged Niall.

“No way.” He murmured in my ear. An involuntary shudder passed through my body as his breath danced across my skin. “It takes a lot to shock Harry.”

“We’re just talking about their fans who found the gossip about me and the lads.” I grinned at her and she laughed knowingly.

“Trust me, if anybody can handle those fans it’s Lex.”

“If you say so.” Liam looked carefully between the two of us.

“I do.” Lily and I responded at the same time.

“Well then, let’s get to the party. We’ll pick up El and Perrie on the way.” Harry cleared his throat and offered an arm to Lily. She batted her eyes at him and I rolled mine, knowing the two of them were smitten.

“Let’s go.” I smiled, following the group out the door.

“By the way.” Niall pressed gently against my body. I could feel the rumble in his chest as he spoke. His lips softly brushed against my ear. “You look lovely tonight.” I took a deep breath and forced myself out the door, trying to break from the intoxicating presence Niall had.
♠ ♠ ♠
**Lex's party outfit: http://www.polyvore.com/lex/set?id=85084334
**Lily's part outfit: http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=85218941