Status: Hope you enjoy!

Meetings of Accomplishment

The Honourable Thing

Elise Costello was a respected young woman who was trying to leave her mark on the world through music.

It was at a charity event that she was asked to play the piano for one night. Strolling into the building an hour before the night started she started asking people staff what the night was about.

She couldn't seem I get much information from anyone apart from It was for cancer research, quite a few famous people would be there and there would be a guest of honour. Seemed like people were just trying to make themselves look good by holding a charity night.

Elise set herself up to play and breathed in the air as she felt superior in this massive ballroom.
She looked down at her black dress , flicked some fluff off of it at decided to pass some of the next 30 minutes by making sure she looked ok so she decided to go to the bathroom. Having asked where the bathroom was she headed in that direction , opening the door, she looked at her slim self in the mirror and started fixing her, tied up, long, brown hair and topping up on make-up she walked out the door.

The evening had started and she learned that she could take little breaks every so often so the cellist could play and she also learned the 'guest of honour' had arrived.

It was one of her longer breaks and she decided to go sit where hardly anyone was because she hadn't been given the gift of making friends easily and she didn't really care for small talk. After sitting and thinking to herself for a few minutes her thoughts were interrupted by a deep velvety voice saying "hello" She turned round only to see the handsome Benedict Cumberbatch. Her heart raced as she was a bg fan and had often dreamed of meeting the talented actor but she brought all her strength together to play it cool and say "hello am I right in saying you are Benedict Cumberbatch?" She said in her normal, polite English accent. "Correct" he said smiling and held his had out for her to shake(as she did).
"May I sit?" He asked. "Yes of course" she replied. He pulled the chair out, sat down and looked at Elise "I must say your piano skills are spectacular" he said smiling.
'Wow benedict Cumberbatch just gave me a compliment' she thought before saying "why thank you and I must say your acting skills are amazing" "thank you" he replied looking pleased to here those words 'ugh this is turning into small talk, better say something different' She thought. 'I don't like this whole guest of honour idea, I prefer to be equal.
but I do not know who he or she is" she remarked. He looked at her and chuckled "yes I think equality is very
important along with individuality and I'm not really for the guest of honour thing either"
benedict was getting called over by a smartly dressed man trying to introduce him to someone new. He nodded at the man and looked back at Elise,stood up and said in a quiet but informative way " But I couldn't really turn them down when they asked me to be guest of honour at a charity event. It was nice meeting you though" Suddenly she froze. Had she just said what she didn't like about guest of honour to the guest of honour? 'Couldn't keep your mouth shut could you ?' She asked herself before returning to the piano.
♠ ♠ ♠
A/N I hope you like it! Let me know if you would like another chapter - TheBlueScarf