What I'd Never Tell Him

Chapter Fourteen

Oli had been miserable over the past few weeks, he wanted Cam back, however whenever he saw him, he realised that he'd gone back to that same shallow, nasty person from the movie premier, and that hurt him more than anything.
He knew Matt had gone round to his place to talk to him, he'd gone every single day, and Oli had been surprised by his friend's determination to make him happy.

The first issue of his comic book came out and really took off, he thought Cam might at least want to know about that.
One afternoon, Nicholls literally dragged him out of the house to a cafe in the park.
"You need to get out more mate." Oli pulled out a special edition of the comic book that he knew Matt had wanted pretty much ever since they'd started designing the book.
He clapped his hands and shuffled much closer to Oli, leaning over him in a funny way to read it.
"Matt, what are you doing..?"
"Gigandet's over there, I'm making him jealous - no don't look at him!! Otherwise it'll be obvious that's what I'm doing." Oli laughed at his friend and leant in too, just to see if it would work.
"Who's he with?"
"I..uh...some girl."
"What?" Oli felt his heart drop and Matt tried to reassure him.
"Trust me mate there's nothing going on there."
"How do you-"
"Cause he's obviously into you and she's omitting the friend zone through every pore." Oli sighed and got back to the comic.

After a while and they'd finished their drinks, the two were leaving when Oli decided to stay in the park for a while and walk home.
"Don't go looking for Cam ok?"
"Fine." Matt left him, and no sooner had he been on his own for a few seconds, reporters were suddenly swarming round him.
"Oli!! Oli!!" They randomly started firing questions at him - ridiculous questions, he'd never been good at talking about himself and he started to panic.
He prayed someone would come and take him away, or get their attention so they'd leave him alone.
"Oli!! Is it true you and Cam Gigandet are dating?!" One of them suddenly shouted.
"W-w-what?! N-no I mean..." Suddenly someone was pushing through the crowd and strong arm was put about him, an arm where you could feel the muscles even through his clothes, and a smell wafted around his nostrils, a delicious smell of masculinity, cologne, and the beach. Oli looked up and saw Cam, he felt like bursting into tears as the other man defended him and then lead him away.
Oli didn't even hear what he'd said to the reporters, his mind was totally mush.
"Oli? Oli!!" Cam shook him by the shoulders gently when they were out of range.
"Y-yeah...?" He couldn't stand the other man's touch, his skin on his, his heat seeping through him.
"What do you mean yeah?! Are you alright?"
"I...yeah...thank you..." His lip started trembling as he looked up into the other man's face. Cam asked him to wait a moment and jogged over to the woman at the table, he kissed her cheeks and have her a hug before coming back over.
"Sorry, that's Maegan, she's a friend of mine." Oli didn't even feel jealous anymore, when they climbed into Cam's car he sat, fiddling with his t-shirt. Suddenly smooth hands enveloped his, prising them away from his shirt.
"Oli I-"
"Why did you do that? Why would you even bother saving me?!" His voice got higher and he burst into tears. Cam sat there shocked for a moment as Oli leant away from him, trying to stop the flow of tears and slightly hysterical noises that were coming out of his mouth.
"Oli...hey come here..." He tried to hug him but Oli pushed him away.
"You've...you can't just..." He gave up and regained his composure before trying to speak again.
"Oli..." Cam looked devastatingly sad, he was looking down at their entwined hands.
"Let go of me..." He looked up at Oli desperately.
"Oli no..."
"I...have watched you over the past few weeks, being the same, shallow, fake git that you were at the premier!!! You didn't...you slammed the door in Matt's face every fucking day...you..you didn't even....god I hate you just stop touching me!!" He ripped his hands away from the other man, yet still his entire car smelt of him and he could feel Cam's presence next to him. He wanted him, he craved him, he craved his touch, his kisses, he needed him.
"I saved you because I had to."
"Why? Because you were afraid I'd be mad at you and tell them everything?!?!"
"Because I couldn't stand to see you like that, like a deer in the headlights...you looked scared. I couldn't bear it." He spoke softly, his husky voice begging Oli to look at him, to kiss him, to want him again.
"The comic book really took off, thanks for asking." Cam sat there in silence for several minutes.
"Oli I....I'm so- can you just look at me please?!?" Oli slowly looked up at the other man who had tears in his eyes too.
"I didn't know how much I was hurting you, I was scared. I...I thought I could live without you, that I didn't need you. I was so, so wrong." Oli wiped his eyes again.
"Can you take us home?"

Cam reacted slowly, driving them home and sitting outside.
"Come on." He was surprised as Oli gestures for them to go inside his house. Cam opened the door for him and followed him in.
The second the door was closed Oli yanked Cam against him and looped his arms around his neck, kissing him hungrily. Cam's hands slowly reached up to Oli's exposed hips, one moving up to the small of his back, running under his top, the other cupping the back of his head and deepening the kiss.
Oli felt entirely overwhelmed as Cam's hands were on him, up his back, on his hips, on his bare skin, turning him on and making him feel safe and scared all at the same time.
He suddenly lifted the smaller man and set him on the kitchen counter, kissing him still, running his hands up jean-clad legs.
Oli hands moved to Cam's big shoulders, he loved how the other man dwarfed him, loved how gentle he was even though he could probably break Oli like a tooth pick.

They broke apart, still pecking at each other's lips, Oli didn't think he could let go.
Cam pulled away from the kiss and leant his forehead against Oli's.
"God I've missed you..." His voice sounded thick with emotion at those words.
"I was...so wrong I'm always wrong when it comes to relationships, I need you, I...I want you in my life Oli I can't handle it without you..." Oli beamed happily, still crying a few happy tears.
"You too....you don't know how much I've wanted you over the past few weeks it's been torture." Cam kissed him again roughly.
"I..I mean I know the guys already know but...we should properly tell them, like together...I need you to know I'm ok with this...I really, really like you, Oli." Oli felt as though his very soul were warming up at the other man's words and he laced his fingers in his short hair.
"Really?"
"Yeah, and you can tell anyone else you want, just..."
"I don't want it getting into the media yet either." Cam breathed a sigh of relief.
"It's too much to handle, you saw how full on they were with you today." Oli nodded and kissed him again, deeply, Cam's hands were inside his shirt again, one at the front, feeling up his chest, the other on his back, making him arch it, responding to his touch.
"Ugh...stop..." It took all of Oli's willpower to pull away from Cam who looked embarrassed and pulled his hands out of his shirt.
"Sorry...to far?"
"No, not far enough, but I don't really wanna get a hard on right now you know?" Cam chuckled and sighed, leaning his head in the crook of Oli's neck, breathing him in. Oli couldn't keep the smile off his face as he hugged the other man gently.
"I just live being able to do all this again..."
"What do you mean?"
"You know just...us being ourselves and I can talk to you and kiss you and..touch you and it's ok." Cam smiled, running his thumb over Oli'a lips.
"Yeah it is." He kissed him again gently before letting him hop down off the counter.
"So what now?" Cam shed his suit jacket.
"Let me shower and get changed then I'll come over and we can tell them if you want."
"Really? You're sure?"
"Totally." Oli grinned and ran off, happy again.

"Woah what's got you in such a good mood? Cam realise he's a douchebag?" Matt. K asked, making the others laugh.
"Yep he sure did. He's coming over in a sec so we can tell you guys about us."
"But we all know."
"Yeah but that's not the point, he wants to do it himself, like be...I dunno, not a douchebag..."
"Well said Shakespeare, speaking of which, your Romeo is at the door." Nicholls teased him, Oli ran off to get the door. He leant up and quickly pecked Cam on the lips, who had his hands in his pockets, he glanced over at the guys who were watching them and coughed. Oli turned round and blushed slightly.
"Yeah so umm....guys we wanna talk to you..."
"Oh my god - you're pregnant!!" They laughed as Jordan made a joke, easing the awkwardness.
"So umm yeah, guys I wanted to apologise to all of you for being such a dick, since..well from the word go really, especially you Matt." Matt smiled, nodding slightly.
"And umm yeah...me and Oli are kinda sorta..dating, as you all know anyway but I wanted it to come from me."
"Well great, y'know I mean we're all cool." Lee said in his quiet slightly awkward manner, making both guys smile and the others agree.
"Thanks you guys." Cam said, squeezing Oli's hip slightly.
They made dinner, Cam stayed and they all stood in the open plan kitchen talking while it cooked. Oli loved how natural they already were together, Cam was standing behind him with his arms around his waist and his head on his shoulder, talking to the other guys as they stood, Oli had his hands resting over Cam's and he was glad they were all getting along.
Once they'd eaten, Cam suggested they go to the beach, Oli, Jordan and Nicholls were all up for it, but Lee and Matt. K were a bit apprehensive.
"Aww come on guys!!" Oli pleaded with them until they relented.
Of course, no one wanted to get their kit off in front of Cam, aside Oli, Jordan loved the beach too much to care, and Matt just didn't care about getting naked in front of anyone so they raced for the water.

As Oli swum back up to shore and watched his friends messing about with Cam, he realised that he'd never felt this happy anywhere, he'd felt as though he'd come home.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment and subscribe!!! Thanks so much to all of you guys who are reading this - we love you :D
And if there's anything you wanna see happening? Let us know, we're open to ideas!!! :D