What I'd Never Tell Him

Chapter Seventeen

Cam let out a sigh as he sunk into his recliner, glancing at Oli who was just coming towards the door. The skinny male was balancing a bag of groceries, fully of fattening snacks for their movie night, a couple movies, and on top of it all was a newspaper.

Cam sighed when he saw the newspaper on top. “Why are you torturing us with these kind of things?” Cam stated, as Oli dropped the objects on the counter, grabbing the newspaper and heading towards his.

“They’re still talking about it. It’s been five days, and they’re still talking about it.” Oli stated, ignoring Cam’s rhetorical question. “It’s as though celebrities have never came out as gay before.” Oli pouted, slipping in next to Cam. His long, jeaned legs curled up onto Cam’s lap.

Cam leaned forward and read the title. In big bold letters, it read, Oli Sykes Spotted Leaving Cam Gigandet’s House In Early Morning. Are Rumors Facts Or Fakes? He nodded softly, with a small attempt at a smile. “But hey, since when are they as hot as us? All of the girls are just jealous that they can’t have us anymore, and that’ll cause a fuss.” Cam stated, wrapping Oli’s cold hand into his.

Oli frowned, edging closer towards his mate. “I’m sorry…” He murmured towards Cam, as he stared in the distance.

Cam shook his head. “It was my decision remember?” He stated, soothingly, as Oli changed his position, laying down on Cam’s chest.

“I’m still sorry. Now it’s out forever.” Oli yawned as he settled into his position.

Cam pondered this for a moment, before speaking. “That isn’t that long. Forever is simply composed of now’s.” Cam decided.

Oli smirked sleepily at this, shaking his head. “Don’t you get all dreamy and msart now.” He teased.

Cam was about to retort a comeback until Oli’s small snore came into his ears, interrupting his thoughts. He smirked to himself, shaking his head. The boy had already fallen asleep.

With a sigh, he sat there, playing with the other male’s hair. He let himself think back to the beginning of this publicity.

“You can’t tell anyone.” Cam rasped out, his arm protectively around his partner, his jaw set.

“We can, and we will.” Oli’s father spat at them. “Hillary, go get the bags. We are leaving.” He snarled, a red fog creeping up his neck, his nostrils snarled, and his eyes dark and thin.

Oli’s mother glanced a longing look at her son, her face full of loss and sadness. “Goodbye, Oliver.” His mother cried before quickly hustling off towards their rooms. That disgusted Cam the most, the fact she’s yearning the loss of someone she got rid of.

Oli’s face was full of conflict, and Cam knew what he was thinking. He knew Oli was worried about Cam’s reaction. They all knew Cam didn’t want this out and that made them all sick.

Setting up his poker face, Cam kept his chin high. “Tell them then. I’m proud of my decisions.” Cam stated, his jack locked and his eyes narrowed.


And that was that. Within a day, Oli’s parents had told the press, and the press had told everyone else. It spread quicker than a wild fire.

Anytime in public, crowds would swarm. Oli was fine with it, and Cam pretended he was too, but he was a good actor. It was his job anyway.

He had to be strong for Oli. He wanted to show that he was proud to be with the other male, and the only way he could prove it was by taking charge of the situation and showing it.

Yet, when he sat here, petting Oli’s hair in his sleep, he couldn’t help but wonder what would of happen if he hadn’t met Oli.

He had no idea what he would be like, or what his sexuality would be? It was weird when you thought about it. One person can change your view on everything and everyone.

Cam didn’t quite understand how this worked, but he did understand that he was undeniably in love with Oli Sykes, and he wanted him to stay.

He wanted him to stay, so he would, no matter who tried to come in between.