What I'd Never Tell Him

Chapter Two

As they left the red carpet, Oli felt a wave of relief rush over him. He couldn't stand posing for pictures, he felt as though people could see too much, see all his insecurities, he felt as if he were under a microscope.

Lee drove away from the movie theatre, asking hopefully if they wanted to go to the after party. Unfortunately, they all did. Oli didn't want to go, not if that prick was going to be there. He'd won at the premier, and they both knew it. The smug look on his face when he'd been given special thanks for his acting in the movie, and everyone cheered for him, then when BMTH had been thanked for their musical contributions to the film, hardly anyone there had known who they were.

Oli hadn't even wanted to go that night. He was so excited about seeing the movie and that their music was in it, but he knew he wouldn't be able to enjoy it. He hated celebrities anyway, how fake they all were, with their being filthy rich for hardly doing anything, being so vain and shallow, and that Cam guy had just amplified his opinions.
But now, Cam had set fire to the fuse, Oli had taken the bait.

And he was going to win. He was going to beat the other man, he thought he was so tough, he had no idea.

They arrived at the after party and as Oli was leaning against the bar waiting for his drink, he felt a presence next to him.
"Feeling down are we?" Oli rolled his eyes and didn't bother replying to the smug man next to him.
"Oh come on, ok we got off on the wrong foot, start over?" Oli turned round and shook his head.
"What the hell is your problem? One minute you're taking all the focus off the fact that my band actually got a shot for a change, just to get a few more pics snapped of yourself, and ruining our night, then you're coming up to me and asking to start over? You're kidding." Oli walked away then, leaving the older man feeling surprisingly guilty.

Later in the party, when Oli was a lot more drunk than he had intended to be, as now no one would be able to drive his car home and he'd have to come back the next morning for it, he was dancing with a girl who was part of the movie team, he saw Cam watching a girl across the room steadily. She couldn't see him, she was talking to a friend, Oli knew that this was his opportunity. She might be richer and far above him, like all these celebrities apparently were, but charming women was one of three things Oli was truly successful at in his life, the other two being music, and sex.

He made his way through the crowd towards her, he thought hard, trying to remember her name, she was a new actress...Hope...Holly? Harley? Harper? Hermione? Hayley? Helena!!!!
"Hey, you're Helena right?" She looked at Oli and blushed sweetly.
"Yeah, that's me. You're Oli Sykes? From Bring Me The Horizon?" Her friend said she'd catch up to her later and left the two alone.
"The one and only."
"I've always been a big fan of you guys."
"Really? Well you must've been about one of....two people who knew who we were in there?" She giggled.
"No! Don't say that." Oli laughed.
"Still, who would've thought it?"
"What?"
"That we had such beautiful fans.." She blushed again.
"We'll Sempiternal is a beatific album so..."
"Ah, fitting then." He winked at her and she giggled. Oli looked over at Cam who was watching them, as their eyes met, his narrowed and he stalked off.

Later Oli went out to his car and sat on his bonnet, he was feeling stifled by all these rich shallow people and needed a break.
"Struck out did we Mr Sykes?" Oli groaned and slammed his head back on the windscreen, not caring if he was being insulting.
"Got further than you did." Cam laughed.
"So, why did you leave?"
"Because I hate people like you, and being surrounded by them is annoying. I'm leaving." Cam didn't quite get every word he said as he was slurring heavily, but he got the message and grabbed Oli's arm.
"What the fuck-?"
"You're not driving you idiot. Get a cab you're pissed."
"Shut up...and let go..." He tried to get away from Cam and only succeeded in falling over, Cam caught him with the other hand and braced him up against his car.
Oli sighed and looked at the other man hazily.
"What?"
"Just leave...me alone..."
"I'm calling you a cab, freak."
"Don't do me any favours!!! Let go.." Cam slammed him up against the car.
"Stop being so fucking annoying!! I'm doing you a favour, be grateful and shut up."
"Don't treat me like some stupid little kid-"
"Then don't act like one." He snarled, muscles flexing. Oli shoved him away violently, his strength surprising Cam who's stumbled back.
"What is your problem???" He yelled, Oli just leant against the car.
"Oh sure, NOW you lean against the car without complaint. Asshole."
"Prick." Cam rolled his eyes and started speaking down the phone. A few minutes later and a cab was pulling into the driveway. Cam turned sharply on his heel and went back to the party.
Oli climbed into the cab and didn't say another word until the next day.

He just didn't know what to make of this man.
♠ ♠ ♠
So guys, first co-write!!! Let us know what you think? We LOVE and will mention people who comment!! :O