What I'd Never Tell Him

Chapter Three

“Just leave…me alone.” The other male had slurred, his words nearly incoherent. Cam had tried to ignore the protective feeling towards Oli, in fact he hated himself for feeling anything but hate towards him, but yet here he was. At the moment, he felt nothing but annoyance, pity, and protectiveness.

“I’m calling you a cab, freak.” Cam snapped, trying to bite back the venomous tone his voice had. He didn’t understand what this guy’s problem was. Did he think he was worthy enough to be in this movie, let alone treat the main star like this? He must be missing a chromosome.

“Don’t do me any favors! Let go…” Oli pleaded as Cam felt something snap. Within the instant, Cam had Oli pressed up against the car as he fumbled for his phone. Could he not wait ten minutes to be an idiot when he’s at least save in his own cab.

“Stop being so fucking annoying.” Cam stated. His voice was entirely surrounded by a biting edge. “I’m just trying to help, so be grateful and shut up.” Cam hissed, his annoyance growing each instant. He was about to give up, who cares if he got in a wreck?

“Don’t treat me like some stupid kid-“ Oli began, his voice slurring as he began ranting. Cam pressed him a little farther into the car as he erupted.

“Then don’t act like one!” Cam snarled, his muscles twitching for a fight as Oli abruptly shoved him away. He violently fell to the ground, as he quickly stumbled back up. He was shocked, but it was enough to get anyone’s adrenaline pumping.

“What’s your problem!” Cam retorted, brushing himself off and checking his wrists, which pained from the fall. Ironically, Oli leaned against the car, as Cam scoffed, unbelievably. “Oh sure, so now you lean up against the car without complaint, asshole.” Cam growled at him.

“Prick.” Oli slurred back at him as Cam rolled his eyes, flipping out his phone. He quickly called the boy a cab, wondering where the hell his friends were. Why was he even bothering himself with this piece of work, he may never know, but he knew he was doing the right thing.

Cam stayed with the boy until he saw the cab pulled up. He went to say goodbye, until he remembered how difficult the boy was purposely being, and with that he turned on his heel and quickly went inside.

Through out the night, Cam tried his hardest to get his mind off the events, to get his mind off the fact that he felt as though he had to make sure he got home, to get his mind off of him in general.

“What is your problem, Cam. Get your shit together.” He thought to himself, as he took another shot, then another. It effect failed to absorb him, for which he stayed sober and able to remember and think clearly. He hated himself for the tolerance.

Throughout the night, he continued to dance with various girls, for Helena had already left with god knows what boy tonight. Would she had gone home with Oli if she had the chance? Did Oli really leave because there were ‘different’ people here? He pondered this as he got yet another drink.

A boy similar to Oli, which Cam recognized from his band, walked up to him in clear hast. “Have you seen Oli? You know, the guy you were a prick to earlier?” The man asked, as Cam raised an eyebrow at him.

“You might want to rethink who was a prick.” Cam stated, physiologically as he took another sip from his drink, letting it coat his throat. The man in front of him shifted impatiently.

“Nevermind, you’re obviously clueless.” The man stated, turning on his heel, as Cam cleared his throat over the music.

“I called him a cab, he was clearly wasted. Next time, hire a better baby sitter or at least pay me for it.” Cam sneered, as the other boy walked away, though he felt an odd feeling start to settle in his stomach.

“It must be from the booze.” Cam determined, taking a cautious sip before pushing it away. It’s better to be safe then sorry right?

The party slowly dispersed as Cam made his way back to his hotel around four in the morning, in which he crawled into bed and tossed and turned. He couldn’t go to bed, and the odd feeling of change coated his gut.

Something made this night different. Something will put it apart from everything else, and Cam was yet to know what that was. “Great…” Cam thought to himself, as he found himself finally being drifted towards sleep. “Just great…” He thought as the dark, dream world lifted him up and away into his final stages of sleep.