What I'd Never Tell Him

Chapter Four

Never tell #4

Oli slowly woke the following morning, pain and overwhelming nausea rushing over him. He practically flew across the room to the bathroom where he only just made it in time, throwing up the contents of the previous night.
He groaned and flushed, leaning back against the door for a few minutes to get himself together before attempting to stand up.

The events of last night were a blur, aside from that strange feeling he'd had ever since the movie premiere, Cam Gigandet had gotten under his skin, and he didn't like it one bit. Oli was not a violent person, until someone pissed him off, and he didn't enjoy being angry.

When the band all left the hotel to return home, as they were in the car on the way to the airport the boys all begun to ask him the questions he didn't want to answer.
"Oli I went to him afterwards to ask if he'd seen you and he said he had to call you a fucking cab-"
"He called him a fucking cab???"
"Yeah."
"Yes okay??!!! He called me a cab, I was too pissed to even speak last night, he called me a cab, he's still an asshole as we all know, can we drop it please?!!!" Oli screamed at his band mates who sat, shocked for a moment before getting back to their own conversations, Oli just staring out the window.

His phone rang, when he didn't answer it, Matt.K did.
"Hello?...no this is Matt you doufas...yeah...REALLY?!!" His sudden outburst made everyone jump, including Lee who swore and pulled over.
"What the fuck is wrong with you?!!" Matt gestured for him to be quiet and continued speaking excitedly with whoever had called before putting the phone down.
"Well you'll all be very glad that SOMEONE answered this prick's phone...that was our manager, Tony, he told us to get ourselves back to the hotel and book another few nights until we can find somewhere round here to rent."
"What? Why?"
"Why? That's a good question you ask Mr Nicholls, because we are staying in L.A for THREE MONTHS!!!!" They all started screaming and shouting at each other wildly.

Oli laughed at them, and he was excited too, but a little part of him felt unsure as to what he felt. When they were leaving, he'd resigned himself to the fact that he would most likely never come into contact with Cam Gigandet ever again. He had been miserable, but he thought he was happy about that, yet now, they were staying, he wasn't sure if he was happy or annoyed that he would probably see him again.

"Cancel those plane tickets boys, were staying!!!"
"Time to seed some wild oats in some fit American chicks!!" Oli laughed and volunteered to get out of the raucous car and cancel the plane tickets. As he climbed back in the car they raced off to the hotel to book in again, unpacked then were back on the road looking at fancy houses on the beach available for rent.

Oli got away from his band mates at the first opportunity when they went to a restaurant for dinner. He opted out and went to sit on the beach with a pot of takeout Chinese food.
He listened to the waves reaching up to the shore, then almost letting out a sigh as it travelled back down again, taking stones and shingle with it.
Oli had always loved the ocean, and here, at night time with the moon and the stars shining, it seemed even more beautiful.

Oli suddenly felt someone else's presence and he turned round, but couldn't see anything behind him, it was too dark. He turned back round, deciding that it was probably just people passing or someone listening to the sea too, unable to see Oli.
However when he was sure he felt eyes on him for almost ten minutes he stood to leave.
"Scare you?" A voice asked smugly, as Oli walked up the beach towards lights he wasn't entirely sure how he felt when he saw Cam standing there.
"Have you been standing there watching me?"
"I wanted to see how long it'd take before you got scared."
"Creep."
"Maybe." They both stood there awkwardly for a few minutes.
"So what are you doing here? I thought you guys were getting a plane back today?"
"We were, plans have changed. Our manager called, turns out we're gonna be staying in Cali for a bit longer." Cam nodded.
"Fantastic." Cam said sarcastically, Oli rolled his eyes.
"Yeah." Another awkward silence....Oli tried to think of something to say.
"So...how's the hangover?" Cam asked slowly, Oli chuckled.
"Yeah it was pretty bad this morning, you?"
"None."
"Bastard." Oli could feel Cam smiling without even looking at him.
"You like the sea?"
"Are you kidding? Love it."
"Really?"
"Yeah..." Cam must have sensed that Oli didn't want to talk about it because he changed topic abruptly.
"How come you're not with your friends?"
"Wanted peace."
"Oh. Sorry..."
"Not from everyone, just time away from them." Cam frowned but didn't ask.
"What're you doing here?"
"I live like five minutes down the road that's why. I happen to love the sea too so...figured I'd come clear my head."
"Of what? Thoughts of how much money you have? Wether next time you but a suit to go for Chanel or Versace?"
"Believe it or not, just because I'm a celebrity doesn't mean I'm shallow to the core. I do care about things."
"I'm shocked." Cam shook his head, annoyed and hurt, Oli felt guilty but stayed as he was, and watched Cam stride away down the beach into the darkness.
He looked down at the ground before heading toward the hotel, guilt an ever-present state throughout the entire night.
♠ ♠ ♠
Let us know what you think!! And thank you so much to everyone who's subscribed!!! It means a lot <3