What I'd Never Tell Him

Chapter Eight

Oli froze as he saw Jordan come out of the house next to Cam, waving keys.
"Look Oli! It's our house!!" Both men stood there, completely rigid as the group of boys rushed over to Oli and literally dragged him away. Oli looked back at Cam guiltily who stood there on the pavement, pizza box in hand, looking a mixture of devastation, embarrassment and confusion.

Oli was dragged into the house and shown round. It really was an amazing place.
"So what were you doing here with Cam?" Nicholls asked, making the others all agree in question.
"Umm...you'll never guess what..."
"What?"
"His house is next door." They all gaped at him and he nodded.
"Great..."
"Wait hang on, I never told you where the house was over the phone." Jordan said in confusion, Oli winced and the others all looked at him expectantly. He wished Cam were here, he seemed like the kind of guy that could make up quick covers in seconds.
"Yeah so?" He tried to play casual, hoping it would bide him some more time.
"So what were you two doing here?" Oli sighed, deciding that telling the truth straight away would be better than them dragging it out of him.
"I went to get pizza and Cam walked in, we got to talking and decided to make a truce, then he suggested we go kick back at his place with a few beers and watch football or something."
"Football or something?" Nicholls laughed.
"You hate sports."
"I can appreciate a football game, anyway, even more now since we're gonna be living next to him, I figured it wasn't worth fighting with him over nothing." They agreed, Nicholls looked suspicious but agreed anyway.
For the next few days Oli spent unpacking, sorting out band, drop dead, and his new comic book stuff, take calls from his family and begin writing lyrics. He was literally working all the time so he didn't even get a chance to go and visit Cam or go on the beach that they shared to see if he'd come down.

He found it strange but, he actually missed the other man, he found himself becoming more and more distracted from everything he tried to do and one evening he gave up on work and went down to the beach, hoping Cam would make an appearance.

He sat in the sand for almost two hours before he heard footsteps behind him.
"Hi neighbour." He couldn't fight the smile off his face when he recognised the deep, American voice.
"Hey! You ok?" As he turned his stomach lurched when he realised the other man was topless, revealing his chiseled body that had the potential to make photoshop envious.
"Good thanks you?" Cam sat down next to him, stretching his legs out and leaning back slightly, the sun shining on his body. Oli suddenly realised he had a dry mouth and swallowed.
"I'm...good thanks."
"I haven't seen you around lately." Cam said quietly.
"No, it's been so crazy....what with the band, and lyric writing and drop dead and the comic book and...sorry...I'm ranting." He said, embarrassed when he looked back at Cam and realised he was smiling at him.
"No I think it's...umm...anyway, a comic book? You have your own comic book?"
"Well it's just starting up you know? Umm...one of my mates in Australia does the drawings, I just do the story boards and we're working on it together, the first issue should come out late August." Cam grinned.
"Wow that's really cool."
"Thanks...so what have you been up to?" Oli picked at the hem of his top.
"Not much really...got a few new offers for movies but turned them down."
"As you do, how come?"
"I'm an actor." Cam jested, Oli nudged him, stomach twisting again when he felt how hard his bicep was without even being flexed. Oli started to panic, he wasn't gay, he'd never looked at a guy at all before, he wasn't into guys, he had no idea why Cam was making him react like this...
"I know that you moron. Why'd you turn them down?" Cam coughed.
"I just uh....I didn't like the movie plots, characters or the parts. I'm already getting to be known as being a bit of a stupid actor who's only casted in movies for his body, his image..." Oli glanced at Cam who was looking down at the sand sadly.
"...this latest movie was the first real thing I've done you know? Something where I could really prove myself as an actor and get away from that image, I don't want to go back there....sorry, now I'm rambling." He sent Oli a smile, breaking his enraptured state from Cam's words.
"No...I..I'm sorry." Cam looked at him.
"For what?"
"I had you all wrong...I thought you were just..."
"Shallow?"
"Yeah." Cam chuckled and shook his head.
"I knew you did. It's ok, I don't blame you. From the outside it must seem like that." Oli shuffled back slightly so he was level with the actor.

They sat together in silence for a long time. Oli didn't know how Cam felt, he knew how he felt, but wasn't prepared to admit that even to himself. Yet somehow, with the actor next to him he didn't feel scared, it was good just to be near him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment and subscribe!!! <3