What I'd Never Tell Him

Chapter Nine

Cam set next to the boy on the sand, glad that he was back around. He would never admit it out loud, especially not to Oli, but he actually missed having the other boy around. He liked the odd looks they got together. Who thought such an all-American-boy like himself would be hanging out with such a stranger with that appearance? He liked the surprise of it all.

The sun warmed his face as the sand scratched his legs through his bathing suit as he glanced over at Oli. “You know, most people wear things other than jeans to the beach.” Cam teased the other male, with a slightly nudge, his sloppy smile displayed neatly on his face.

Oli glanced up, surprised by this comment. “Yeah, I know, but it’s not like I’m expecting to go swimming or anything.” Oli explained, with a shrug of his paled shoulders. Cam found this curious.

“Why would you come to the beach if you didn’t want to enjoy the waves?” Cam questioned, as Oli looked uncomfortable with the question.

“Y-you know, just to get away.” Oli lied, but Cam didn’t seem to catch on, instead he nodded, but his face was still curious. “What?” Oli stated, his head cocked.

“Go get in the water.” Cam commanded, his face in a knowing smirk, as he nodded towards the waves clapping against the sandy surface.

“I’m not going to go in the water in jeans, Gigandet.” Oli stated, his face set and sturdy as Cam sighed and rolled his eyes.

“You must not be on many private beaches, am I right? You are wearing boxers underneath, aren’t I right? What’s the difference between the two?” Cam questioned, a smile forming at how uncomfortable Oli was.

“I- uh, no way. I can’t do that.” Oli stammered, as Cam could tell he began to think of a thousand and one excuses. Rolling his eyes, he stood up.

“Oh don’t be a wuss, welcome to America, join in their traditions.” Cam stated, shimmying out of his suit, revealing his bright red boxers, which showed brightly against his tanned skin. He felt his stomach flip as Oli continued staring at him, but he played it off, knowingly. He cocked an eyebrow at the other male.

“You aren’t going to let me stand here in my underwear, am I right?” Cam stated, taking a few steps back towards the ocean, a puppy dog look sprawled out on his face. “Join me, Sykes, join me.” He cooed.

Reluctantly, Oli got up, peeling off his shirt. Cam couldn’t help but take a small, sharp intake of breath as Oli revealed his slender chest, adorned with colorful tattoos up and down his arms.

Cam looked away, with a blush decorating his honey complexion. By the time he looked back, Oli was already sliding, self-consciously, out of his tight black jeans. His eyes trailed down the other boy, revealing his gray boxer-briefs clinging to his body.

“Well, come on then. Get on.” Oli stated, gesturing to the water, ultimately tearing Cam’s eyes away as he let out an embarrassed blush, with a laugh.

“Well aren’t you suddenly excited to get all salty and wet?” Cam stated, with a laugh, as he took off in a run towards the water, letting the salty waves surround him underwater.

He took the few moments the wave bought him to sort through his mind the racing feeling he was getting towards the other boy’s underwear-clad body. He hadn’t felt this heart-racing experience in awhile and he liked it, he just didn’t know why he liked it.

By the time he was up bobbing on top of the water, Oli was already mostly submerged. He grinned at the other boy, shaking the water off of his blonde hair.

“Now, isn’t this better than getting sand all stuck up in your skinnies?” Cam teased, with a bright smile. Oli rolled his head at the boy, splashing him, as Cam gasped. “How dare you splash this- what was the word you used? Oh yeah! How dare you splash this shallow, model-worthy actor!” Cam teased, biting his lip to keep from laughing.

Oli erupted in his own laughter, shaking his hair like a dog. “Oh, sorry sir. I’ll think better next time. Maybe you can sign my ass, then I maybe I can die a happy person!” Oli teased, as Cam bought into his laughter, cracking up along side of him.

That’s how they stayed for a while, in that endless blue ocean. Their feet in the sand, their bodies covered in their boxers, and their shirtless chests baking in the sun. Oh, and don’t forget the smiles that were permanently etched into their cheeks.