Blessed with a Curse

Chapter One

Jayy's POV

I fiddled impatiently with my phone as we crawled along the highway amongst traffic in the tour bus, it was the middle of June, it was hot, and I was nervous.
A slight breeze from the window passed across my skin, cooling the light sheen of sweat that covered me.

This was the second time we were coming on Warped Tour, only this time, we would be playing the headlining stages, supporting the mega bands there.
I played the camp, confident guy with other people, but really, I was an insecure, scare little animal and I was absolutely terrified about playing these kinds of crowds.

The only people who knew me properly, were Dahvie, Hayley - a girl from our team - and Jeffree Star. They were the three people who really knew me inside out, and on times like this, they knew to leave me alone.

As we neared the venue, our driver told us we'd be there in about five minutes. I went into nervous overdrive, Dahvie came and sat with me.
"Breathe, girl, breathe. There's nothing to be scared of, the fans love us."
"I know...sorry..."
"It's ok Jayy Jayy." He gave me a gentle hug before letting me go and standing up by the door so he could jump out the second we were parked.
"Come on Jayy, lets go meet everyone." Hayley coaxed me out of the bus and into the throng of band members all jostling, yelling, chatting and sweating in one huge mass. I squeezed through all the people, chatting to a few as I went, catching up with the guys from All Time Low, they were cool, and leaping out the other side.
Andy from Black Veil Brides came to talk to me for a while before being dragged off by his girlfriend.
I watched him with her and felt a slight ache in my chest, I didn't like Andy in that way, and I loved Juliet too, but I wanted what they had, and I could never find anyone. I'd gone from bad to worse relationships over the years, the longest time I'd been with someone was a few months, and I was fed up of being alone.

I, of course now feeling sorry for myself, backed away to walk to the bathrooms at he venue before they got too vile for use, as I turned to walk, someone crashed into me sending me hurtling towards the ground.
"Shit.." I cursed at I felt my left wrist jolt painfully. I hurriedly climbed back to my feet.
"Eh look where you're fucking going, asshole."
"Well sorry, but there were two people that crashed into each other here, and I'm the one that got pushed over, not you so..." As I looked up I cursed myself when I realised I was talking to none other than Oli Sykes, the lead singer of one of the biggest bands here, a well known asshole and a mean fighter...great enemy to make Jayy Jayy.
"Fucking faggot." I flinched inwardly, it still hurt when people called me that. I just rolled my eyes and strutted off towards the loos, cradling my injured wrist gently.
"Jayy?" Someone called out. I looked round the corner to the door, it was Jack from ATL.
"Oh hey Jack what's up?"
"I just saw you get into it with Sykes, you ok?"
"Yeah I'm fine."
"What's with your wrist?"
"I fell and landed on it." Jack nodded, walking over to me and gently taking my wrist in his hand to look at it.
"Meaning he pushed you."
"No. We bumped into each other, I fell-"
"And he didn't?" I rolled my eyes again and Jack insisted that I put ice on it.

The rest of the day would have been amazing fun, everyone was chatting, making jokes, drinking, doing stupid things, playing games, I would've been having the time of my life...had it not been for a certain Sheffield lads' glare boring into me the entire time. I knew I'd gotten under his skin now, and to be honest?

I was scared.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok, this is only my second co-write, please let us know what you think!!! <3 for people who do ^_^