Blessed with a Curse

Chapter Three

As I lay in my bunk that night I couldn't get the events of the day out my head, more precisely, Oli Sykes. He'd spent ages just sitting there, glaring at me and Dahvie. Dahvie was too hyper to even notice, but it made me even more nervous than before.

Kyle from Forever The Sickest Kids had been flirting with me and I was flattered but he didn't really do anything for me, and I wasn't sure if Oli had seen us or not. If he had it would just give him another reason to hate me, he obviously hates me because I'm gay.
I just didn't want any trouble on this tour, and Oli Sykes was trouble, I could tell from the way he looked at me.
It's ok, I'd just have to try and stay away from him.

The next day the fans began pouring in and a few lesser known bands did their sets, but us headlining bands wouldn't be on until the following few days, then we'd move on to the next city, so us bigger bands had another whole day of just hanging out.
It made me nervous, I didn't want to even be near Sykes, I was scared of him.
I hung out in the bus for as long as I could before it got too hot, then I was forced to go out and look for someone to talk to.
As I made my way past groups of people, making sure to hide from Kyle as I could see him with his band, I saw Oli.

He was standing by himself, leaning against the bus, sipping a drink and watching everyone else. My brain went into overdrive, telling me to just keep walking, but I couldn't seem to move. He looked up and saw me, almost immediately his eyes went cold.

I felt scared but for some reason, you know that horror movie logic when the person walks towards the room with the killer in it? And you're screaming at the TV but they go in and get killed anyway?

Yeah, this was like that.

I walked over to him, he looked away, shaking his head but I carried on until I was near enough to him to speak.
"Hey." I croaked, I cleared my throat, trying not to seem too nervous and waited for Oli to say something.
"Hi." He muttered gruffly, in my head I was screaming at myself for doing this but I just had to.
"Look, I know you don't like me-"
"What was your first clue?" I rolled my eyes at him.
"But!! I don't know if I've personally done anything to offend you....but you don't seem like a homophobe, or the kind of guy who just hates people purely on principal I mean....you're friends with Jeffree Star and the guys from BVB so I'm guessing its just me you hate but....sorry I'm rambling...." I trailed off, I was even redder now and I just wanted to crawl into a hole a die, but Oli just sighed and rubbed his eyes.
"No I'm not a fucking homophobe. And I don't hate you cause you wear weird shit or plaster makeup all over you either I just..."
"Don't like me....well fair enough. I just wanted to make sure I hadn't done anything to offend you, like, personally." Oli shrugged. I didn't really know where we went from here so I just uttered a quick goodbye and left, wiping my wet palms on my shorts and cursing myself for being so stupid around him. I always came across as confident around people, but, maybe it was because I was so scared of him, but I just couldn't do that with him, he had a way of forcing me to be my insecure, rambling, scared little self.

As I carried on walking, I slammed into someone.
"Sorry!! Sorry-"
"Hey, it's ok. You alright man?" Someone grabbed my shoulder and held me at arm's length. I looked up and realised to my dismay that it was Jordan Fish from Oli's band. I blinked slowly, trying to hold back completely unnecessary tears.
"Y-yeah sorry, sorry Jordan I...wasn't looking where I was going, sorry-"
"Hey quit apologising. No harm done, see? So what did Oli do to make you this upset?"
"What?"
"I saw you talking to him."
"No he didn't do anything-"
"Come on Jayy. If you want I'll talk to him-"
"NO!!!! I-uh....no, thanks....that's ok, Jordan. Umm...no it's ok. He didn't upset me, he wasn't horrible to me it's just me, I-sorry I'm a mess...I should just-" Jordan pushed me back slightly as I went to carry on walking.
"No come on mate, look just chill out yeah? Oli's been in a foul mood these past few months anyway so he won't come over and have fun with us, have a drink with us-" he looped his arm round my shoulder and pulled me round into the group of guys, all of BMTH, and a few of the guys from you me at six and ATL were there. I smiled at them and nodded, they all greeted me and started talking again.
"Thanks Jordan but-"
"Come on!! I insist, please? Don't let that prick bring you down Jayy- this is Warped Tour!!! It doesn't get much bigger than this!!" I laughed at him weakly and he handed me a beer which I accepted gratefully.
"Ok, why not?"
"Yeah!!" He spoke to me for a while, then everyone kind of started speaking in a huge group. I noticed that his arm didn't leave my shoulder, he seemed quite...protective? Of me, in a weird sort of way. I didn't know if it was to annoy Oli, or maybe he was just trying to make me feel part of the group, or maybe he was just comfortable, but it was reassuring and he was determined to make me cheer up so it didn't bother me.

It got really late and lots of bands broke off into groups and had barbecues, with logs as benches to sit on round fires. Jordan said I should stay with them so I did, as by that time I was seriously drunk and happy again, and we continued having fun, but I looked around for Oli.
"Looking for your band mates?" Jordan asked me.
"No....I....I didn't keep Oli away..from you guys did I?" I asked him sadly.
"No you didn't, and if he wanted to be with us he should've just come over and quit being such a knob. Don't get sad again." I laughed at him sleepily and he smiled.
"I think you need to go to bed."
"I think you're right..." I giggled and stood up, falling over almost instantly. Jordan caught me and leant me against a table, he leant down and was laughing with his band mates, they were all laughing and I saw Matt. K and Lee give each other money and shake hands before Jordan came back over.
"What was that..?" I slurred in confusion.
"Oh, they were betting that...Oli wasn't gonna come over, and he didn't so Matt won. Let's go get you to bed." Jordan looped his arm round me again and led me away from the bands, after a while I hazily realised that it wasn't the way to my bus and I stopped.
"What? Do you need to chuck up?" He asked me.
"No...." I felt angry suddenly as I realised what the bet had actually been on.
"You bet the guys something would happen here didn't you?!!"
"What? Jayy that's crazy-"
"No...no...b-because this isn't the way to my bus!!"
"Isn't it? Oh...well don't worry you can sleep at ours then-"
"This isn't the way to your bus either. You knew where my bus was cause its only a few up from yours."
"Jayy stop it this is stupid!!" He grabbed my wrists and I felt fear rip through me.
"Get...away from me!!" I tried to shove him back but his grip tightened.
"Jayy will you calm down? Look it's ok, I'll take you back to your bus, and leave ok? I swear."
"Then why won't you let go...you're hurting me!!"
"What's the problem? Look I like you ok? Sue me. I was hoping that you'd let me kiss you - but that's all!!"
"Why the bet then..." I asked. I didn't really know what I was saying, not really, but I knew what I meant, and I knew Jordan was playing with me.
"That bet wasn't about you. Just let me take you back to your bus."
"I'm ok by myself from here. Thank you..."
"Come on, just let me take you back, make sure you get there ok."
"No...thank you..."
"Jayy come on!!" I tried to pull away and suddenly he yanked me towards him and crashed his lips on mine. I got both hands between us and tried to push him away, but I was weak and drunk and he was strong and almost completely sober.
"You're so hot Jayy...just let me-"
"No...let me go...Jordan..." I tried to wriggle away from him but then his hands were going down the back of my jeans. I freaked out and he kissed me again.
"Hey!! What the fuck are you doin'??!" Jordan was ripped away from me and Oli stood there looking absolutely furious.
"What's your problem?!?!! God Oli I knew you were homophobic but really?!!" Oli shook his head at Jordan.
"Don't you fucking dare try to make out like this is my problem - you were forcing yourself on him!!"
"Jayy was into it, right Jayy?" Jordan looped his arm round me again and stuck his tongue in my ear, I shoved him away and Oli grabbed me, holding me behind him, shielding me from Jordan.
"Fuck off Jordan." He said coldly, Jordan snorted and stumbled off, apparently he was in fact drunk too.

I started crying and Oli stood there awkwardly before sighing and giving me a one-armed hug.
"Relax yeah? He's gone now you're alright. I don't think he would've proper hurt you Jayy he just wanted a story to brag about later..." I tried to stop crying and sniffed. Oli pulled out a tissue from his pocket.
"Thanks...I'm sorry."
"Don't worry 'bout it. I saw him with you earlier, he was probably laying the ground work even then. Just, I'll take you back to your bus ok?" I froze slightly and Oli sighed.
"I'm definitely not gonna do anything to you Jayy. Come on." He walked me up to my bus, catching me when I stumbled, and helped me up the steps and into my bunk.
"Thank you Oli..." I sighed, beginning to fall asleep.
"'S alright....g'night Jayy." I heard his footsteps slowly fading away and the bus door close before I passed out.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please leave a comment and let us know what you think!! That you so much to you guys who have subscribed!! We love you ^_^