Blessed with a Curse

Chapter Six

The tension was still there even a week after the near assault attempt on Jayy. He and Jordan were getting along again but Jayy went out of his way to keep an arm’s length between them while talking. He also made sure there other people nearby who would be able to come in if things took a turn for the worse. Another was he made sure there was no booze whatsoever nearby which was why i was surprised to see them casually talking across from me, beers in hand. It was like I was back last week watching the two from afar.

The tension I had felt before the tour was still haunting me, as hard as I tried to ignore it. There was something about Jayy that still bothered me. I felt it all branched back to that cyber bullying thing I had heard about. I was making an effort to get along with him, though, which is what counts. There were just some things he did that got on my nerves.

“Oli, snap out of it!” a voice called from my right, a hand waving in my face. I jumped at the sudden interruption, turning to see who it was.

“Kyle, you scared the hell out of me,” I breathed, relaxing when I recognized. He smiled in return.

“Sorry ‘bout that. Here’s another beer, by the way,” he said as he held out a bottle.

“Thanks,” I replied, glancing at the one I had been holding for the past fifteen minutes. It was empty by now.

“So, what’s up? You look out of it,” he frowned as he sat down beside me. I glanced his way, shrugging.

“It’s nothing,” I replied, trying to sound convincing. Judging by his expression, it didn’t work. “Honestly Kyle, don’t worry about it. It’s not that bad. I’ve just got a lot on my mind.”

His frown didn’t change. It only deepened, actually. He knew better then to prod and got off that topic. We talked about a few of the other bands on the tour and mentioned which ones we liked best. We had a few disagreements on who was the best but it was just for laughs.

We had been talking for nearly an hour when someone came to join us. My attention turned to the new comer, finding Jayy standing before us. He smiled at me before glancing at Kyle.

"Hey, Kyle, I'm heading out for a walk. You want to come?" he invited.

Kyle grinned, nodding his head quickly as he rose from the ground. He glanced back at me. "You don't mind?"

I bit back my annoyance at his question. Shaking my head, I forced on polite smile. "Nope, go ahead."

"Alright, see ya, Oli," he waved as he left the circle around the fire. Jayy glanced back at me, waving shyly before following Kyle.

"So which one pissed you off?" Mike asked as he sat next to me. I jumped, my eyes resting on the drummer.

"What?"

"You look angry. Was it Jayy asking Kyle to walk or Kyle agreeing to go?" he laughed.

"I'm not pissed," I lied. I'm not sure why I bothered. He already knew I was. I couldn't admit it, though. I didn't know what had pissed me off in the first place.

"Sure you're not," he sighed. "Well, at least you've patched things up with Jayy. You guys are actually getting along. How does it feel?"

I didn't even bother hiding my irritation. "What the hell does that mean?"

"It means you went from hating the guy's guts to being all buddy-buddy within a week. How?"

Rolling my eyes, I shrugged. "There's no point being an asshole when he doesn't deserve it. He seems decent, anyway. I figured I'd give him a chance."

"We'll isn't that nice of you," he chuckled, nudging me. I shoved him away playfully.

"Shut up, Mike," I huffed.

He smiled at me before motioning toward the rest of the people around the fire. "Come on. Let's get your mind off things."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this took a while. I've gone back to school so I will be slower. This semester is a big one so I can't screw around lol. I know this is short but it's pretty much all I could think of. Anyway, comment/rec/subscribe? :)