Status: Comments much appreciated :) x - Finished.

The Resident Leader

There is Nothing Left to Analyse.

I didn't want to talk Jimmy about family. It wasn't all as simple as I liked to think. Sometimes, I liked to imagine that my mother and father loved me, and that my siblings treated me as their equal. I wished I could've stayed home, with all my friends but it was just impossible to be around my 'family'. I tried, I honestly did! I had a job and I wasn't constantly drunk, but it wasn't enough. I tried in school, I tried to move out but I just couldn't. I had to move away, leave my friends and my people and the family that hated me.

No, I shouldn't dwell. Dwelling brought back feelings that I'd forgotten existed. I preferred to walk down the street feeling empty, watching people play out their lives in their own ways. I didn't like the loneliness of the city, I didn't like knowing St. Jimmy was in charge.

I found my way out of the estate and onto the street. My feet carried me to the coffee shop where I met St. Jimmy only a few days ago. I smiled fondly at the memory, remembering the feeling of his eyes on me. I slipped inside, buying myself a take out coffee, paying with the change I found in my jeans. My hands brushed past the drugs in the plastic wrapping and I smiled. I'd forgotten why I killed that guy.

Who was he? Did he even matter? Well of course not, nobody matters. I walked slowly, observing everyone around me. My body felt sore and it ached all over. I hated sleeping on couches. At least I was lucky enough to rest my head last night. I wouldn't of made it home.

A group of people stood across the road, smoking cigarettes. Two men and a woman, gossiping and chatting, smoke billowing from their mouths. There was something so attractive about the way smoke forms in the air. I took a sip of my coffee for warmth. My jacket wasn't enough to protect from the bitter air. I approached the group, smiling politely. The young woman looked up, flashing a gorgeous smile. Wow.

"Hey!" She greeted cheerfully.The two boys looked up and grinned. The girl flicked her ginger air out her shining green eyes. She bit her lip as her eyes ran down my body. I shuffled my feet uncomfortably, I've never been confident in the way I look. For everyone, I seemed to ooze confidence but it was just a smoke screen so people loved me. Mom and dad are the ones I blamed. "I'm Tay."

"Mirrorboy." I replied. She laughed.

"And your real name?" She giggled. Her voice sent shivers up my spine. Her cheeks were flushed red in the cold and her nose was glowing. I bit my lip.

"Don't have one." I replied bluntly. I didn't like to remember who I was. I changed, I became Mirrorboy. Not Ian. Ian was a fictitious creation that was left abandoned and abused on the pavement while his parents stayed inside and forgot about him. Mirrorboy would never be forgotten.

"Oh I see, you're like St. Jimmy. Hopefully you're not a complete wanker like him!" She laughed, a sound that reminded me of cherries dipped in chocolate. "Anywhore. You're new." She stated.

"Nicely observed." I smirked. She giggled and slapped my arm playfully. The boys glared at me, squaring up for a fight. "What's the matter, gentlemen? Never heard a British boy before?" I snarled.

"Ignore them, overprotective assholes." Tay insisted, taking a step closer to me. Her hand trailed up my chest and she bit her lip teasingly. I grinned in return, my cheeks burning deep red. She laughed at my obvious embarrassment.

"Say, how about I get your number?" I asked shyly, my face turning an even deeper shade of red.

"What the fuck man? Back the Hell off!" One of the grumpy boys hissed, slamming my chest hard. I stumbled backwards and glared at him with malice and hate. Just give me a gun and I'll put him where he belongs.

"Fuck off cunt, what do you take me for?" I snarled, taking Tay's hand. She turned and glared at the two boys. I looked down at her, my stomach buzzing with butterflies as she smiled at me. The freckles that covered her nose and cheeks made her look so cute and sweet. I couldn't find a fault. "I was thinking we go out tonight?" I suggested. "Just you and I?" I glared back at her two 'homies'.

"Sure that'd be great!" She squealed, wrapping her arms around me in a choking hug. Once again I was pushed backwards, but she felt so warm and soft in my arms. It felt right. I bit my lip and smiled at her. She pulled a Sharpie from her pocket and scribbled her number along my arm. "Text me, cutie!" She stood on tiptoes and kissed my cheek tenderly, before skipping off down the highstreet. I watched her go, buzzing inside. It just felt so right.

"Watch your back, fucker." One of the two twats spat, following her. I smirked at them and turned to walk in the opposite direction. There's nothing left to analyse here, and God I need a good sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
I've noticed the layout doesn't work on the summary D: Sorry ]: