Status: Comments much appreciated :) x - Finished.

The Resident Leader

Comedy and Tragedy.

The pain wasn't all that bad, I'd suffered worse. It turns out, Mirrorboy isn't all as strong as I first thought. He just knows where to hit. He certainly was threatening, I wouldn't want to get on his bad side ever again. He didn't really need to fight, he could get his way with a single glance. He seemed so cute, back in my flat in the morning. His curly fringe and sweet smile made him seem so innocent and gentle. He wasn't one to get into fights. He was still just a child. I shouldn't have provoked him, every person has a breaking point.

"Wanna know how that guy died?" The officer who found Mirrorboy, Jack asked. He was furious. The ginger girl who escaped with Mirrorboy was his sister, and he was so angry with her. He took my silence as a yes and shuffled in his chair. "Choked on his own teeth. Fell into his throat and he couldn't fight Mirror-twat off him." He'd taken to calling him 'Mirror-twat' as though he was just a player. I nodded and glanced around the hospital room.

"Where'd he go?" I asked. He was dangerous. He couldn't take criticism. He was a danger to himself more than anyone. Something happened to him. Something to do with his father, he won't let me in on it. Someone like him must've had a swell time as a kid. He must've got everything he wanted, to be so self centred and needy now. Maybe the death of his father scared him and tore a huge chunk of him out. He must've been spoilt rotten, so now he expects the same treatment.

"He and Tay ran off somewhere. They've got dogs and helicopters out looking for them." He replied, scowling.

"Bet he's fucking her brainless right now." I spat distastefully. For some reason, I always thought he was gay. Maybe it was the curly fringe. Jack scowled and glared at me.

"Of course she has to go run off with a little slut like him! He'll kill her one day, when she doesn't want to have sex!" He exclaimed. His eyes were full of concern for his younger sister. "She watched him in the street, and she nearly died when he came over. It's always the bad boys she ends up with. I just wish she'd be a lesbian or something to get her away from boys like him."

"Every sexuality has its players." I reminded him. "And anyway, Mirrorboy will hurt himself. He's more likely to hurt himself than hurt her. If she really likes him, she'll be looking after him."

"He's fucking her, he's fucking using her!" Jack was getting more and more worked up with each passing minute.

"Look, retard, calm down. She'll be okay. Mirrorboy won't hurt her if he bothered to take her out before shagging her. Anyway, my head hurts. Get me a nurse." I commanded. Jack left the room in a hurry, obviously afraid of me. I Mirrorboy could kill a man, what could I do?

My face was being held together with stitches and scans of my stomach to monitor the blood loss. It wasn't too bad, but it still hurt. At least I was conscious. I wasn't worried about lasting damage. I was more worried about Mirrorboy.

He must be terrified. When he killed that man, he was panicky and shocked. He didn't believe his own actions. He blamed me, but really he'd do anything for drugs. He was childishly playful, he enjoyed making stupid little jokes. He was almost cute. I wasn't surprised Tay fell for him.

I caught sight of myself in a mirror and shivered. I looked like a monster, like a zombie. My face was blotched red with blood and bruises. My eyes had swollen up and my lips were cracked. My blue fringe was stained with blood as well. Anger filled me as the marks Mirrorboy had left on my glistened in the light.

He was so powerful, it wouldn't of taken him long to get the world on his side. But in the space of only a few days he'd killed and attempted to kill another. The poor guy. He could've had it all. His charm and force would've gained him people. Something wasn't right in his head, a few screws were loose. But hey, comedy and tragedy. If only he could trust me, and I trust him. He was young enough to be my little brother. If he was, I would've made sure that he never dropped out of college and fucked up his life. But no, since when have I ever cared for him? We're both fucked up, so why should I worry about him? There's no room for selflessness in this time.

But somewhere deep down inside, I worried. Mirrorboy was just a boy, still learning and growing. He didn't want to be, he wanted to be an adult. I didn't want to either, but I had rich parents (who fucking hated me but nevermind). I could've helped him, but he made himself dislikeable. The only person he could blame was himself.

God I hoped they caught him. Not for my sake, not for revenge, nor for Tay's sake. For his own sanity and health, for his own future. He needed help, but who would be willing to help?
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter's awful but yes enjoy or I'll string you up lolololol