Status: Part I and II- Complete!

All That I've Got

chapter 18

The man had put Frank down, propping him against a building, and Gerard pushed the hair from Frank’s face. There were shallow cuts all over the boy’s body, but on was more serious, right on Frank’s forehead. Gerard could also see a bone protruding under the skin of Frank’s collarbone.

“Frankie,” Gerard grabbed the boy’s slender, bruised hand. Frank had a pulse, but it was erratic and weak.

Gerard was about to whirl around to look for help, when someone pulled him away from Frank and into a tight embrace.

“Gerard! You’re okay!”

When the guy let go, Gerard got a good look at him. He’d never seen the man before, but he could tell the man obviously knew Gerard. Someone else he’d forgotten?

The man just then seemed to register Gerard’s confused face, and then he turned and saw Mikey, who’s wings were still unfurled.

“Oh no,” the guy said, his face wrinkling into familiar stress marks. “You’re Mikey, aren’t you.”
Mikey nodded, then went to stand by Gerard. “He won’t remember you. I took his memories when he arrived.”

The guys face fell and the look made Gerard’s heart fall too. He wanted to apologize to this guy who obviously cared about him, but he couldn’t make the words come out. Instead, motioned frantically to slumped Frank. “Help him, please.”

When the man saw Frank, he was suddenly into business-mode, calling over the other people huddled in the alley and barking orders.

Gerard stayed with Frank while the guy (Brian he discovered) bandaged Frank’s head, and attempted to wake him.

Gerard stayed there when Brian had the others call back from the ‘rescue mission’ and people with all sorts of abilities started to emerge from the destroyed headquarters, people from Floor 19 included.

Gerard was even there when Frank’s heart stopped and Brian began to perform CPR. Gerard was there until someone pulled him away from Frank’s still form, and tried to get him to calm down.

Around choked sobs, Gerard then watched people begin loading into trucks, fast and frantic. No one told him if Frank was okay, and Gerard couldn’t see anyone he knew, or where’d they’d taken Frank.

A girl came up to him after a minute, and held his hand while Gerard tried not to cry and as he sniffled and hyperventilated. Finally, she helped him into a car and spoke quietly to him as the drove.

Her name was Cat. She was from Tennessee, and Brian had enlisted her help to get Gerard back. That shocked Gerard for a moment, that this had been a rescue mission for him. She told him that she could start fires, and that he had friends and family waiting for him back in Jersey.

He fell asleep listening to her, and dreamt of a small, punk boy- lying motionless in a casket.
♠ ♠ ♠
one more chapter!