Status: Part I and II- Complete!

All That I've Got

chapter 19- forget me not

Frank’s P.O.V

More bright light and shadows flashed across Frank’s eyelids as they had for the past hour. His body had hurt unbelievable at first, but now it just felt detached and floaty. Like when you swim so deep in a pool that everything fades away.

The pain did come back as time went on, but faded again and again. He registered something soft, then something metal, then something soft again.

He wasn’t fully there until he heard his voice. “He’s-he’s okay?”

Gerard. Frank’s thoughts went from gray to gold, and pink, and red, and green as memories flicked through his head. Basements, forests, movies and whispered words. Smoke lazily drifting out windows, and soft pink lips and a raspy laugh to match.

Frank didn’t hear the reply, but after a moment he actually managed to get his eyes open. He needed to see Gerard, and be sure he was okay.

“Frank,” the voice said, and Gerard was by his side, reaching across the bed to touch Frank’s face.

“I’m in the hospital,” Frank stated dumbly. His hand skimmed his own head, and he could feel where a bandage wrapped tightly around his forehead. “What-?”

“You don’t need to know, Frankie, you just need to be okay,” Gerard said and Frank realized Gerard was crying.

This was bad.

“Gerard, I’m-i’m fine,” Frank managed to get out.

The words seemed to ease Gerard’s worry a bit, and he leaned forward and placed his perfect lips to Frank’s, so lightly and sweetly, and Frank could taste smoke and tears and it was all too much.

But deep in his stomach something told him something was wrong. Gerard’s eyes were red-rimmed, and his sweet face was contorted in so much pain that Frank could feel it.

Gerard’s head suddenly dropped to Frank’s chest, his raven hair flaring out all over the ivory blanket. “I’m sorry, i’m sorry, i’m sorry, sorry, sorrysorrysor-”

Frank brought his hands up to Gerard’s hair, then- despite the IV’s and wires sticking in his arms- he turned Gerard’s face so their eyes locked.

And on Gerard’s face, Frank saw hopelessness. And it made tears fill Frank’s eyes and fall and nothing in the world should’ve made Gerard look like that.

“Gee-” Frank sniffed, and now some of the tears were because, fuck, his head hurt.

“Shhh,” Gerard said. His eyes were still stuck to Frank’s, and he moved suddenly, squishing his body down next to Frank on the bed. It was awkward, but Frank was grateful, he moved and nuzzeled his head into Gerard’s shoulder, and suddenly Gerard sobbed and nuzzled back.

Though it hurt to speak, Frank had to, “Gerard, what’s wrong?”

“Nothing, Frankie. Go back to sleep, I’ll be here,”

Frank moved to speak again- this just wasn’t right- but Gerard shut his own eyes, and drapped an arm around Frank’s chest.

It was silent for a moment, and Frank really did actually want to fall asleep, but-

“Love you,” Frank managed before his eyes were betraying him and falling shut.

“I love you, Frank, more than you’ll ever know. .ever remember,” Gerard’s voice choked.

Then, the door opened and someone stepped in with them. “I’m ready now, Mikey," Gerard said.
And that was the last thing Frank heard before everything went black.

END OF PART ONE.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'll start posting Part 2 soon!