Status: Part I and II- Complete!

All That I've Got

chapter 11- boy on the computer screen

It wasn’t the Jury that left him here, then. It was the Individuals. It was his friends and whoever they thought counted as his family, if his mom was a wanted criminal.

Frank didn’t know how to feel. The words ‘liability’ and ‘human’ didn’t sit well with him.

“They’re talking about me as if I’m nothing. Like I’m a chess piece they can move around the country, then forget about,” Frank muttered to himself.

“I’m sorry Frank,” Natalie said from where she’d been reading over his shoulder. “It’s big network of people, and not all of them will be as open-minded about a human as involved as you were. They’re not all like us.”

Frank nodded. It was true. He couldn’t expect the whole world to side with him, to not see him as a danger to their secrets. But it still made him fucking mad that these people had decided his fate.

They’d taken him away from his old life, dropped him here so that the Jury wouldn’t target him. It was like a freaky superhero Witness Protection Program. Only way more extreme.

“I still don’t know why I can’t remember anything, though” Frank finally said. Natalie made a noise. “Yeah, I asked Chris about that, too. He really doesn’t know why you can’t remember anything, and I believe him.”

“Huh.” Frank said, then he got side-tracked by clicking the link about his mom leaving the Jury.

It opened to a picture of a middle-aged, dark haired woman. It had been taken in a deteriorating kitchen, and from her expression it seemed as if she hadn’t been prepared for the camera flash. Still, she didn’t look like a criminal- didn’t look like someone who’d let her son get involved in this mess.

Frank read.

Debra Iero, 51 years old, is a suspect in the kidnapping of Gerard Way. Investigations of the Iero home have revealed that Debra had been keeping records of the seventeen year old, including computer searches and correspondence about the boy’s history.
She is assumed to have been a scouter, or one who seeks out Individuals, for the New York Jury. This association makes her a wanted criminal. She has been on the run since a week before the rescue mission for Way. The Unified Individual Investigation Committee have issued a warrant for her: please contact them here if you have any information.

UPDATE: It has been released that Iero, 51 year old Jury Scouter, had attempted to cover up Way’s existence, a direct violation to her position as a Jury member. Investigators still do not know why she may have done this, or what made her finally give up the boy to the HQ. Information will be released as it is uncovered.
--October 31


Frank was even more confused than before. The articles were written like the normal news, but they were full of weird details and links and Frank’s fucking mother.

And he knew this was his mom without a doubt. The picture looked familiar and he could feel the faintest shadow memory of her forming in his brain.

Even if the very thought of her was soaked in betrayal, Frank missed her so bad. He wanted her safe. He didn’t want his mom hunted by two scary-powerful organizations.

“Is there a way to delete records?” Frank asked Natalie suddenly.

Natalie’s eyes widened comically. “Um, I guess. But it alerts everyone with the program what was deleted. What are you going to do, Frank?”

“I don’t know yet,” Frank mumble, and turned away from Natalie’s imploring look. He glanced back to the screen once again.

Frank clicked the link ‘Gerard Way’, wondering what this kid had to do with everything.

The page opened and Frank’s heart stopped. Sound went cotton-blocked, the dark became black and nothing mattered but the computer.

The right side of the screen was overtaken by a picture of a beautiful boy. He had hair that was dark and swooping across high, arched cheekbones. He was smiling in the picture, and Frank could clearly see it’d been cut from a picture with friends or something.

The boy’s face was split by a wide, crooked smile and it was filled with adorable teeth and crinkling olive colored eyes.

Frank knew this boy. His entire body knew this boy. His blood, his brain, his heart.

The world faded completely from around Frank as he read.


Gerard Way
Birthdate: April 9; age 17
Status: Alive
Family: Donna and Don Way, brother; Mikey Way
Location: Evacuated from New Jersey, no set safehouse in place
Ability: Influential to human emotions
History: Entered into Individual Information System April 10th. Safehouse: Los Angeles. LA Safehouse infiltrated by Jury, 15 years after Way’s birth. Donna and Don targeted by Jury for the murder of Californian Jury leader year before; status of both- deceased.
Gerard and Mikey were reported without a safehouse for 2 years. Mikey Way reported kidnapped by Jury (retaliation for parents’ earlier offense) June of this year. Missing for four months.
Gerard relocated to new safehouse in Newark, NJ. House leader: Brian Schechter.
After the kidnapping and rescue in October, both Gerard and Mikey Way are under Schechter as guardian. All are in the process of evacuating the east coast. Contact household: 17142263677 (number subject to change).


“Holy shit, there’s a number,” Frank whispered.

“Frank, you can’t. . .” Natalie reached for Frank’s hand. “You don’t even know these people. You might’ve even been the reason he was kidnapped.”

“No,” Frank said, voice firm. “I know him, I swear I recognize him. If there’s one thing I remember in my whole fucked up life, it’s that I would never have put him, or any other Individuals into danger.” Frank had turned the chair to face Natalie, and gripped her hand tightly.

This number was a fucking lifeline for Frank. This was the last link to his past. This was the answer to every question that’s kept him up at night in the last month.

“I need to call it, Nat. I have to find out if they remember me. . . I need to find out about him,” Frank gestured to the picture of the beautiful boy on screen.

He saw the moment Natalie gave up: her shoulder dropped and she sighed, loud but endearingly.

“Okay, Frank,” she said, pulling her hand from his and reaching for the glossy phone on Chris’s desk. “But I can’t promise you’ll like who they are or what they say.”

Frank couldn’t bring himself to care. When Natalie stretched out the phone to him, he grabbed it with shaking hands.

Frank felt as if waves of apprehension should be humming off him as he began to punch in the numbers. He hit Call.