Status: Part I and II- Complete!

All That I've Got

Lead Me Out of the Dark- Final Chapter

The plane ride was long. Frank’s legs were cramped and the seat smelled musty, but when the pilot came over the PA system to announce their descent, nothing could’ve kept the grin from Frank’s face.

Chris had been reluctant about the trip at first, but he’d eventually accepted that Frank was an adult- independent and lovestruck.

Still, he’d insisted on debriefing Frank on all the safety rules he could think of, and had still packed at least seven bags of Swedish Fish for Frank’s flight.

Just a few hours ago Frank had said his goodbyes and had pretended he wasn’t half-crying when he boarded the plane. He knew he’d be back, just not when.

He told himself it’d be worth being away from them, just for the moment he knew was coming. He was finding his fate this time, instead of it finding him.

The plane landed, and Frank grabbed his backpack from the overhead compartment and was down the aisle in a second.

Outside the airport, Frank waited for a cab in the freezing, wet air with a grin on his face. The breeze smelled like city-lights and smoke and home.

He instructed the cab driver, then itched with anticipation the entire ride.

The car pulled into a glossy neighborhood, and Frank could feel his heart in every inch of his body.

The house was as pristine as it was in Frank’s newfound memory. It was everything good in the world; it was sandy and gorgeous and it held the entire universe.

Frank paid the driver and started up the sprawling lawn. Every step was a day that Frank had spent away. Every breath was heavy with hope.

The doorbell chimed under Frank’s fingers, and the moment between its call and the door’s answer was forever.

It must’ve been fate that made Gerard answer the door, still in his pajamas.

Frank didn’t even get to catalog Gerard’s face- the way his perfect lips dropped open, or the way his eyebrows shot up, or the painfully-sweet emotion that was in his eyes- before he was lunging forward, bringing their lips together.

Finally.

Frank’s hands cupped Gerard’s face, brushing his hair back and trailing his fingers over Gerard’s cheekbones. Gerard brought their bodies together, bunching his hands in the back of Frank jacket. Frank titled his head up so that the moment was perfect, and Gerard gasped half-words against their lips.

The air around them swirled with colors, more vibrant that Frank had ever imagined. It wrapped around them as they wrapped around each other, and the colors danced and merged.

Finally, Frank managed to pull away, and it felt like tearing his soul. After he caught his breath, he grinned up into the face of the boy he loved, and very lightly said, “You have a lot of explaining to do.”

THE END

P.S. Fate is something I believe in strongly, and that’s why it’s so redundant in this story. Find your fate or let it find you, and be happy(:

Anyways thank you all!
♠ ♠ ♠
Since there are a lot of loose-ends, I'm thinking an epilogue is in order. (so be ready!)
Anyways, comments and questions are all appreciated in the meantime (: