Status: Part I and II- Complete!

All That I've Got

New Fic

Gerard sat on a grave. Above him the sky was smoke colored. A chilled breeze rustled the graveyard trees, and their branches stretched to that ending sky, piercing it like old silk. Across the stone-littered grass, the graveyard gates gathered trash like frozen prizes, and everything was cold and dead.

And then there was Gerard.

He lit a cigarette with hands that shook. With a look of disgust, he shoved them back into his coat violently, as if it was the cold causing the tremors.

Against the freezing air, he expelled the guilt-ridden smoke from his lungs and immediately took another drag. Everything was numb and dead.

Someone wandered down the sidewalk on the other side of the graveyard fence. The world seemed split between here- on the gravestone- and there- where the stranger walked on, ignorant and weightless.

Ash fluttered down like snowflakes from Gerard’s cigarette and he finally had to remove a hand from the warmth of his pocket to flick it. His fingers took up their shaking immediately.

He sat there in the frozen world, a boy in black on a gray canvas. The wind blew, the leaves rustled restlessly and he sat.

He was bad habit, a lost cause, and now everything was dead.