Status: Completed

It's Time

It's Time

Skylar Hayden
Age: 21

*This story takes place in 2015*

--

It sucks waiting in airports... Especially when you're eight months pregnant, and you're waiting to see your fiancée who's been gone for the past three weeks...

People shuffled through the hallway, most of them decked out in Washington Nationals gear holding blank baseballs in their hands... I guess word had gotten out that the team was landing here...

Loud screams came from the right of me and I looked as people began to bolt for a good spot to see their idols in person. I stayed in my seat and smiled widely; knowing that I was just minutes away from seeing his face.

Security guards pushed through the crowd of fans, and then my eyes were set on my phenom fiancée. He was clad in a blue and white flannel shirt with the sleeves rolled up to his forearms. His dark jeans clung to his legs perfectly, and his baby blue eyes were hidden by a pair of Ray Ban's sunglasses.

I stood up slowly, careful not to hurt myself, or the baby, as he made his way over to me. The childish screams seemed to drift away, and the only person visible in the crowded airport lobby was him.

"Sky, baby, I missed you so much." His smile was wide and bright as he enveloped me in his strong arms, cautious of my growing baby bump. "I missed you to." My voice came out as a whisper, and I tried to hold back the tears.

"You've gotten so big." He grinned. I scoffed and smacked his chest, my eyebrows raised. "Bryce!" "You know what I mean babe." He stated leaning down to match his lips with mine. I was lost... Not wanting it to end, I brought my hand up and let it rest against his surprisingly smooth cheek, making the kiss just a bit more deeper.

We pulled away short after, and I smiled up at him. "You've shaved lately?" I questioned raising my eyebrows as I ran my hand down his cheek again. "Hey, gotta look sharp for the fans." He grinned. "Always." I agreed standing on my toes to kiss his sweet lips again. "Let's get outta here." He stated grabbing his duffel bag in one hand, and taking mine in the other.

We made our way to the front entrance of the building, and I made sure to press my body as close to his as possible. I missed the welcoming heat that he gave off. "How much longer Sky?" He questioned letting go of my hand to open the door. "Not much. I went a couple days ago and Dr. Phiel told me that I should be expecting any day now." I smiled up at him as we stopped in front of my maroon 2012 Nissan Altima.

"Hey, only five people attacked you today. Is it an off day?" I grinned as he opened the trunk. "Very funny Sky. You should be a comedian." Playful sarcasm dripped from his words as he shut the trunk and came over to me, rolling his eyes with a smile on his face. He started to tickle me, knowing exactly where my weak spots were. "Bryce!" I gasped in between laughs. "The baby." He stopped his actions. "I'm sorry Sky. Are you alright? Did I hurt you, oh god, I'm gonna be a horrible father." He rambled running his fingers through his dirty blond hair. "Relax babe, I'm fine, and you're gonna be an amazing father." I grinned gripping his hands in mine. He stopped his worrying and smiled down at me.

"So, I'm driving then?" He questioned making me laugh. "I don't know about that." "Come one babe, it's been like three weeks." He begged before I through him the keys. "Thanks babe." He pecked my lips before he went over to the driver's side. I got in and made sure that I was hooked before Bryce started the car and we left for our house.

"I hope the baby comes before I've gotta start the home series with the Rockies." He stated keeping his eyes fixed on the road. I took his right hand into mine and squeezed it. "Any day now babe. Any day now." I reassured him as he pulled into the driveway of our three bedroom two bath house just outside the heart of Washington DC. We had found a quiet suburb, and decided that it would be the ideal place to raise a family. It was better than the one bedroom apartment he and I shared in the middle of the city.

"I'm glad to be home." He stated grabbing his bag out of the back before he walked up the steps and entered the house for the first time in weeks. "I never wanna leave again!" He exclaimed falling down on the cream colored couch before he turned on the flat screen TV that was hanging on the wall across from it. "That's what you said when you first stepped onto the ball field." I grinned sitting down next to him on the couch.

"I'm glad to have you back." I whispered placing a kiss on the side of his neck. This is perfect... I finally have my man back...

Two Weeks Later

Bryce's team was starting a series with the Met today. I decided to stay home due to the fact that I could go into labor any day now. "So, my mom's staying at a hotel that's about ten minutes from here." Bryce stated gathering all of his things together. "Ok, no you've got to go. You're gonna be late." I responded pushing him towards the door.

"I love you." He grinned opening the door behind him as he turned to look at me. "I love you to Bryce." I replied stretching up to kiss his lips. "Good luck tonight. Hit me a homerun." I smiled up at him. "I'll try babe." He winked before he kissed me a couple more times.

After he was in the car, I waved goodbye to him, and took my spot on the couch again.

The game his just gone into the fourth inning, and Bryce had already hit a double and a single. I was having a great time cheering for him and his team until a sharp pain shot through my stomach.

I quickly grabbed my baby bump as another one shot through my body. "Oh god." I stated reaching over to get my phone. I scrolled through my contacts frantically until I found Bryce's mom's number.

Pushing the call button, I waited for what seemed like forever until her voice came through the speaker. "Skylar... What is it?" She asked me. "Sherri," I gulped. "I think I'm going into labor." The words just didn't sound real. "Ok... Relax, and I'll be right down. Is Bryce there?" She asked, the sound of opening doors came through the speaker. "No, he's at his game. I really need him here though." I groaned as another contraction came.
"I think Bryan may be at his game with Ron. I'll call him and see if he can get him to the hospital." She responded. "But he needs to play." I stated. "Skylar. You're going to have his child any minute now. I think you're more important to him than some baseball game." I couldn't help but laugh. "I'm turning into your driveway right now." She stated before the line went dead and my front door opened.

Sherri helped me off the couch and into the car before she took me to the closest hospital. We got there in about 15 minutes, and she went to get a wheelchair for me.

"Hi, yeah, um, my daughter-in-law has just gone into labor, and there might be a room that she has reserved." Sherri stated to the lady who was at the front desk. "Last name?" She asked looking back at Sherri dully. "Harper." She replied frantically. "Ok, I'll have someone down in a sec. Just relax." She offered a fake smile. Sherri nodded, and sat down in a seat next to me.

A team of three nurses came over to me and escorted me to room 434, and I smiled thinking about Bryce. "Sherri." I gasped as another contraction came. "What Skylar?" She responded helping me onto the hospital bed. "Is Bryce going to be here?" I choked out. "I talked to Bryan. They're trying sweetie." She replied stroking my hair.

"Hello Ms. Hayden." Doctor Phiel gave me a smile as he entered the room. "Hello Dr. Phiel." Sherri answered for me as he started to do tests. "It looks like you're ready to have a baby Ms. Hayden." He smiled at me. "I can't do this yet. Bryce has to be here." I cried to Sherri who gave me a reassuring look.

"Ms. Hayden. We can't wait, you have to push right now." Dr. Phiel called as I did as told, and pushed, crying out in pain. "Ok, again." The nurse instructed me. "One last time." She cooed as I gave everything that I had left.

I was in mid-push when the door busted open, and my fiancée was visible. He was panting, and out of breath, probably because he had ran up four levels of stairs. He was also still in his uniform.

"Bryce." I breathed out as cries filled the room. "Congratulations Ms. Hayden, it's a boy!" Dr. Phiel exclaimed as Bryce came to my side and stroked my hair, a wide smile on his face. "I've got a son." He smiled, tears coming to his eyes.

"Here's your child." A nurse handed me a blue blanket, and I stared down at my baby boy. He had the same baby blue eyes as his father. "Oh my gosh Bryce. He's got the same eyes as you." I looked up at him through my tears. Bryce's smile grew wider as he leaned down to kiss my forehead. "And he's got the same nose." I grinned pushing my finger to his adorable nose.

"Ms. Hayden, what will you name him?" A nurse came over to the side of my bed. I looked up at Bryce, and he nodded. "Brent James Harper." I replied with a smile looking over to her. She smiled and nodded her head.

Moments later Brent was taken into the NICU, which left Bryce and I alone. He pulled a chair over to the side of my bed and grabbed my hand in his, stoking the back with his thumb. Then his phone buzzed from the side table. He unlocked it, and laughed before he tapped on the screen. "What is it babe?" I asked looking over at him. "Bryan texted me. He wanted to know if they can come in." He replied. "Did you tell them that they could?" I questioned making him nod.

A couple seconds later there was a knock on the door. "Come in." I called an the wooden door opened to show Bryan, Sherri, and Ron. They all had huge smiles on their faces. "It was a boy!" Bryce stated making them all cheer. One by one, they hugged me, Bryce's hand never leaving mine.

It was then I noticed that Bryce didn't have shoes on. "Babe, where's your shoes?" I questioned looking down at his red baseball socks. "Well, they wouldn't let me wear cleats in here." He explained. "You didn't change your shoes?" I asked. "I was in a hurry Sky. You were gonna have my baby, and I didn't wanna miss it." He grinned. "Awe baby." I smiled as he kissed my lips quickly.

Four Years Later

Four years have past by very quickly, and I was now Skylar Rae Harper. Brent was just barely four now, and Bryce was still playing away in the MLB... Still on the Nationals...

Bryce had a game today, so I was going to go with Brent. I made sure he was dressed in his nationals gear... He had on a red Nationals shirt with his daddy's name and number on the back, and also a red had with the W logo on it. He was super excited for the game... He loves watching his daddy play.

Brent and I left the house at about 4 o'clock, the game started at 5. We got there in fifteen minutes, finding our reserved seats a couple rows from the home dugout. Brent had a huge smile on his face, and he kept chanting "Daddy!" When Bryce got up to bat. I smiled and crossed my fingers as he made contact with the ball, sending it out to the right field gap, making Brent bounce on my lap.

The game was over in about two hours, the Nationals winning 7-1. Bryce did awesome, hitting a double and a single, also making a couple great plays in left field. He went with his team into the clubhouse after they all shook hands on the field. I waited with Brent as all of the seats in the stadium cleared.

Bryce came out of the dugout short after wearing a pair of grey gym shorts and a red t-shirt. His hair was flipped back as usual, and Brent bounced on my lap when he saw him. "Daddy! Daddy! Daddy!" He exclaimed making Bryce look over to us and smile.

He motioned for us to come over to the wall that separated the stand from the playing field, and I obeyed, picking Brent up in my arms before I walked down the concrete steps. I transferred Brent into Bryce's arms before he kissed my lips. "You did great today babe." I smiled up at him, leaning in for one more quick kiss. "Yeah Daddy!" Brent agreed making Bryce laugh and tickle his stomach.

"You wanna play on the field bud?" He asked making Brent nod his head up and down fastly. "Ok." He responded before he opened the gate for me to come on to the field also. I smiled as he put Brent onto his feet and held his hand as he toddled down the line to first base as fast as he could without falling over. Once he touched the base, he turned around and ran back home, falling onto home plate, pretending he was sliding.

"Just like daddy!" He exclaimed as Bryce picked him up into his arms, dusting the dirt off of his clothes. "Yep, just like me." Bryce smiled coming over to me, wrapping his arm around my stomach.

"I think it's time to go home boys." I stated looking up at them both. "No mommy! I wanna play more!!" Brent exclaimed putting on the puppy dog face. "You can play with your baseball toys when we get home." I said with a smile making him clap his hands together and nod. "Ok mommy!" He giggled.

Bryce adjusted him in his one arm, and then took my hand in his free one. We exited the field together, and then drove to our house.

Once we were through the front door, Brent quickly made his way over to the corner of the living room with all of his toys, and parked himself there for the rest of the night. I fell onto the sofa with Bryce and cuddled up to his side. "I love you Sky." He stated looking over at me. "I love you to Bryce." I replied leaning up to kiss his lips.
♠ ♠ ♠
Finished!!

Hope everyone liked it!!

Comment, recommend, and subscribe!! Please tell me how I did :)