A Player With a Game

X

I felt my body being shaken, my weak neck not being able to support be rocking head. I tried to open my eyes but couldn't. Suddenly, my body was picked up by strong arms, I felt the cold night air hitting every inch of my body.

+

My eyes opened, looking around at the dark walls that surrounded me. The room was clean, as if no one had ever lived there. Suddenly, a shadow grew bigger and bigger as it made it's way through the hallway. I was too weak to even feel frightened. I was surprised with Matt's worried face. His eyes were bloodshot red, he only wore a pair of old blue jeans. He walked to my side, cupping my face with his strong hands.

"You're awake." he whispered, then getting up to call to the hallway. A man dressed in a wine colored sweater-vest walked in, checking my pulse and seeing if I had a fever.

"I suggest you take her to the hospital. You don't want her to suddenly get worse, then there'd be nothing we can do here."

"Ah, alright," Matt sighed, looking over at me and sitting beside the bed, "We're gonna take you to the hospital, alright. Do you think you can get up?"

I felt the urge to smack him once more. How could he be trying to help me when he's already broken my heart?

"Arabella?" I just looked at him, attempting to raise my weak hand, but with little success.

"I'm gonna call a friend of mine. He'll come and get her." the doctor said, scratching his thigh as he dug into his pocket with his free hand.

"A friend?"

"Yeah, he's a paramedic. I suggest I call him because they'll get here faster."

I felt my breathing abilities getting worse and worse, but I couldn't find air to speak up. I started panting, getting both of their attentions. I felt a cold face as I couldn't breath.

"She's turning blue! Oh my God!" Matt yelled out, my eyes starting to roll back because of the lack of oxygen.

"Stand back, speak to him." the doctor yelled as he passed Matt his phone.

"Give her CPR, man, do something." my eyes came back and I looked at a more than worried Matthew, rubbing the top of his head and holding the phone to his ear. The doctor's face came close to mine, his hand holding my nose.

+

I woke up once more, this time, slowly opening my eyes. The room was once again different, and I had no memory of how I got there. I was surrounded by bright, white walls, an occupied chair, Matt being the occupant. My heart raced as he looked my way.

"You're okay." he said, practically glaring at me. I looked away from him and suddenly felt his strong steps race towards my bed, his large hands holding me up my arms. He kissed my lips and held my arms against my waist.

"I don't wanna be with you." I said, in a low, shaky voice.

"You're lying."

"I'm not."

"Someone obviously put some sort of crap into your head because you were just fine right before we left the office." he let go.

"Cut the crap, Matt."

"No, you cut the crap!" he yelled, I was startled and looked at him slightly frightened. But his facial expression didn't change, "You scared me way more than half to death, alright? How do you tell me that you're gonna run to the bathroom and never show up again? I had to get people to look around the building for you, I ditched my boss, I looked around the whole goddamn town, and you come back with bloodied feet, smacking me across the face?"

"What is it that you want from me?!"

"I want you to be mine. I want all of you."

"We've never had sex, Matt. Something must be up because I know guys, and guys don't just date girls and not have sex with them."

"Do you want me to do you now? Hugh?!"

"I don't want it to be like that."

"Well, either do I. I don't want to make the same mistake with you that I did with my ex wife. And when the time does come, I don't want to 'do you'. No, I want to make love to you."

I was silent, other than my heartbeat that was obvious both of us could hear.

"I love you." he whispered.

"No you don't." I whispered.

"I do."

"Then what about those rumors? The ones that you're seeing someone else?"

"Lis - Loo - Okay, first of all I want you to know that I am not two-timing you. But let me make it so you are confident that I'd never do that to you. My ex wife cheated on me, I loved her with all my heart, okay? Do you really think that after I experienced the pain of being cheated on, I'd do that to you? Do you think I'm that evil? Arabella, I love you, okay? Rumors are just crap created by low lives who have nothing better to do so they decide to make other people feel as crappy as they do. I would never hurt you like that. I want to do this right with you. I've learned from my mistakes."

"You're serious." I spoke. It wasn't a question, it was the truth. Everything he was saying made sense to me.

"You're not some rebound. You're my girl."