A Player With a Game

XIII

Matt had been spending an awful lot of time around, and I was starting to worry about whether he was doing it because he felt as if he wanted to be around, or because he felt forced to. He was at work so I had taken the day to myself, going out to buy some groceries and then perhaps picking up a movie. I had an entire dinner planned, I hoped he would come home early enough for it not to turn cold.

I walked towards the meat section, feeling grossed out when I looked at the uncooked red steak. Sadly, Matt was a meat lover, and I'm not one to take that away from him. I'm not vegetarian or anything, but I really don't like red meat. I asked for one that didn't look as bad as the huge one that sat out, turning my cart around and heading towards checkout. I spotted a man with a dark hoodie, he had just paid and was making his way outside. My thoughts jumped to the man who helped me the night I left Matt, but I tried to focus on the task at hand.

I finished paying and walked out the door, grabbing all the bags and walking towards a wine shop. Funny that a while ago I couldn't even stand the smell of alcohol, now I drink it more than twice a day. I grabbed a cart, putting the bags in and looking at my sore hands. Sadly, I had a few blocks to walk, so I took my time looking around. I finally decided on a fancy looking wine and walked up to the register, attempting to pay.

"I.D please."

My heart skipped a beat, remembering the store policy.

"I - I forgot my I.D at home."

"Sorry, ma'am, I can't sell you this without seeing identification first."

"Yeah, but it's alright that you call me ma'am." I glared at him before deciding to walk away. I took all the bags out of my cart and walked out the door. I was walking towards my house and saw that it was getting dark out. I felt a little worried, perhaps I wouldn't make it in time.

"Do you need a ride?" a voice coming from a car beside me asked.

"Um, thanks but I'm okay." I continued walking, but the car didn't stop following me.

"You sure, I promise I'm not dangerous."

"I'm sure, thanks." I smiled once more.

"Alright." he pulled away. I sighed, maybe if the world wasn't so dangerous I could have accepted his offer. But I opted to take a long and tiring walk home.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for not posting in so long. I promise I have a really good idea of where I wanna take this story. <3