A Player With a Game

II

After the day I'd gone on that walk, I'd fallen into a horrible depression. For a good three weeks, using the bathroom was the only reason I had gotten out of bed. Once to bring a pile of junk food to my room. Cake, chips, chocolate, candy, it was all I had eaten. But I finally decided it was time for a shower and to get myself together.

I got out of bed, walking toward my blue tiled bathroom, looking into the mirror and starting to brush my teeth. I stared into the mirror for the first time in a while and jumped back at what I saw. Acne had taken over my oily face, it seemed fatter, my body seemed shockingly bigger. I shouldn't have been surprised, considering all the bags of junk food and empty beer and soda cans.

I sighed, upset at myself for letting myself go. Who gained that much weight in just a few weeks? For a second I started wishing I could be one of those people who would become depressed and lose weight, but it seemed my luck wasn't enough. I walked back into my room and decided to pick up the mess that covered it. The only clothes on the ground was the outfit I had worn the day I took the walk, the day I met Matt. Everything else was dirty, stale chips, wrappers, a cake box, chip bags, and beer cans.

I started picking up everything and decided to put on some music, perhaps that would help ease my mind. But I immediately started thinking about Matt. I was sure that was his name, how could I have forgotten? Had I known such a handsome guy lived a door down, I would have been walking by his house every time I had the chance.

But the more I thought about it, the more I realized that I couldn't remember my uncle ever mentioning a young man like him around these parts. All I knew about my neighbors was that the ones next door were an older couple who were both deaf, there was a teacher, and a younger couple. But I couldn't think of any other ones, especially him. Damen would have told me about him. According to him, he told everyone about his beloved niece.

I finished up my room, deciding that taking a shower would be the way to go. I walked into my bathroom, dropping the dirty over sized t-shirt onto the ground and turning the water on. My hair was a mess. Sadly, I wasn't blessed with naturally straight hair. I carried more of a lion mane. My hair was super curly, but if I let it air dry without putting product on, I'd look as if I had an afro. I pushed myself into the warm water and felt it rush down my bare back, feeling goosebumps form as I sighed.

My cold body started to shiver, but I liked it. I started scrubbing with soap as I wondered what Matt was up to. I felt myself beginning to smile as I thought about his deep eyes, his memorable smile, and what his body might have looked liked. I regretted not taking a quick look as I left.

I continued with my hair, giving it three much needed washes with shampoo before deciding to use conditioner. I was finally finished, I turned off the water and stepped out of the shower and onto the cold tiled floor. I wrapped the white clean towel around my shivering body and looked into the mirror, once more deciding to brush my teeth. I walked into my room but suddenly heard the doorbell ring.

"Crap." I whispered to myself, putting on my pink slippers and carefully running down the steps. I opened the door and was faced with a pizza delivery man, his eyes looking somewhat confused.

"Oh-oh, wow. Um, it'll be 14.56," he said, letting out silent, perverted gasps.

"I'm sorry, I didn't order pizza."

"W-well, it says here that I have to get this pizza delivered to this address. So, yes, you did order it."

"Well, I didn't order it, so you can get going." I said, slamming the door behind me. I started heading up my stairs and I heard the door bell ring again. This time, walking back down the steps angry, and opening the door with a mouth ready to yell.

"W-wow, I'm so sorry, is this a bad time?"

"Agh," I sighed, "G-gosh, I was - I'm sorry." it was Matt. It just had to be Matt. His eyes tried to look into mine, but they kept traveling down to my slightly visible chest.

"Um, can I come back - or...," his eyes widened and his movements indicating that he wasn't too sure what to do.

"Um, yeah - yeah, please do. I'm gonna get dressed. Be here in like an hour."

"Okay, I will." he turned around, but not before getting one last look at my chest. I slammed the door once more and felt myself blushing deeply. I turned around, ready to go upstairs but decided to look out my peep hole.

Finally, I get to see the rest of him.

But sadly, he was already out of sight.