A Player With a Game

VI

Knowing someone for three weeks isn't much long, but for some reason I seemed to love waking up every morning and hear his voice. He hadn't touched me yet, I longed for the time his lips would meet mine. But at the same time, I didn't want to seem easy to him.

Would it be bad if I kissed him? Nah.

As much as I thought about how I could possibly make a move, the more I knew I wouldn't be able to do it. Even if the situation presented itself. And trust me, it did. Matt loved the way he made me weak, the way my legs trembled when he'd whisper in my ear, the way I'd stutter over every word. And I knew it, I just couldn't bring myself to shake the habit, even if I tried. I'd tell myself to look strong and brave, but the second his eyes would look into mine, I'd forget all about it. It sucked, but it was what it was.

I looked up at my hopeful employer-to-be. His eyes were focused on mine, but my head seemed to be on Matt, who sat right beside him.

"So, what I'm pretty much saying is that I would love to have you working for this company."

"Huh?" I asked, confused with what he had just told me.

"Welcome to the team." he smiled. Matt gave me his signature smile, the one that made me weak. Brian, Matt's boss, stood up to shake my hand. I did the same and felt his firm grip on my much smaller hands.

"Matt's your boss, so treat him well." he smiled.

"Oh - absolutely." I smiled. Matt walked me out of Brian's office and we made our way towards his. It was a bit bigger, which shocked me considering Brian was Matt's boss and his should be bigger. Right outside of his office was an even bigger office with a desk and a computer.

"This is yours." he smiled.

"Wow," I walked around, looking at the bright office. The walls were the whitest of whites, the floor beneath me matched its walls. My desk was of the finest wood with a white computer monitor seated on the side.

"Do you like it? You're my secretary." he smiled, putting emphasis on the 'secretary'. He pulled me close and nibbled my ear. I jumped, as it was unexpected. He had never done anything like that.

"Matt." I whispered.

"What, no one can see us." he smiled, "this is the office to my department."

"Yeah, but, still. This is the work place." I sighed.

"I'm sorry." he let go of my waist and made his way towards my desk.

"Thanks for the job." I smiled.

"Anything for you." his eyes looked into mine, and I looked at my pink, strap-y heels.

I tried to keep my eyes off his body that seemed to look better than ever in a fitted, black suit. His white under shirt, and black tie complimented him greatly. As I looked up at him, I saw his eyes working over my body.

"I'm sorry." he said, shaking his head.

"W-what, why?" I smiled.

"I've just never really seen you dressed like this so I'm so - you know." he smiled.

"What?"

"I'm gonna go to my office now," he said, avoiding my question and walking backward, "Let me know if you need anything. I'll have a lot of visitors soon so remember to dial the number on that sheet to let me know. If a person is more that 45 minutes late, depending on their excuse and issue, let me know so I can see if I should take them." he closed the door behind him and I walked toward my desk, setting down my bag and turning on the computer.

Typing was what I was best at. So this job wouldn't be too difficult since almost all I did was type and let Matt know what visitors he had. And he indeed did have a lot.

I sat back and thought about how awkward Matt had suddenly gotten, I giggled to myself when I thought about the way he reacted to my question, "The awkwardness is contagious," I whispered to myself.

God, I'm crazy

As I was in my thoughts, a tall gentleman walked in. Dressed in a black suit with his rather long hair combed back with gel. He looked awkward and funny, even if he obviously tried his hardest to look serious.

"James Sullivan for Matthew Sanders." he said.

"Alright, hold on just a second." I smiled. He kept his serious face as I called Matt.

"Hey, babe." he answered.

"Matt..." I whispered harshly, I looked up at the tall man who stood before and and continued, "I mean, Mr.Sanders,"

"I like the way you say that."

"You have a visitor, James Sullivan."

"Send him in." he laughed.

"Alright, you can go ahead."

He thanked me and walked by me. I blushed at Matthew's words and giggled as I understood that all he was doing was trying to make me uncomfortable. Or was he trying to turn me on? I rolled my eyes at the thought and stayed on the comfy, white chair as the seats in the waiting area before me started filling up.

Who knew that being a top lawyer's secretary could be such a hard job?
♠ ♠ ♠
I apologize for the long wait. There was a tragedy in my family and I couldn't bring myself to update this story. Thankfully, I've slightly put myself together. I hope you enjoy this.