Status: In progress.

Seven Days

tuesday.

"Alex, don't be so fucking ridiculous!" Jess screamed across the room at her boyfriend, the grip she had on the remote under her hand tightening, turning her knuckles white. She'd been fighting the urge to throw something at Alex's head all morning.

"I'm the one being ridiculous?" Alex scoffed at the idea. "I've been home one day and you're already finding shit to get pissed off about! Are you ever fucking happy?"

Feeling her pulse quicken, Jess couldn't help but roll her eyes. "You're an idiot. I don't know why I've stayed with you so long."

Alex wouldn't deny that he felt his heart drop at the sound of Jess' vicious words. Sure, they got angry at one another a lot and of course, they said things they didn't mean, but never had either of them questioned their relationship.

Jess noticed the hurt look in Alex's brown eyes, but did her best to ignore it. She knew what she had said was out of line, but she was just so angry.

It had all started when Alex had forgotten a few small things that morning; he had forgotten that he needed to park on the left side of the driveway so that Jess could get out of the driveway and go to work. He had forgotten to let the dogs outside for a few minutes to let them get some fresh air. He had forgotten that Jess had asked him to preheat the oven for a "special dinner" she had planned for the two of them.

All of those little things, though, were nothing compared to the most important thing he had forgotten.

It was August 24, 2013 - Jess and Alex's three year anniversary. And he had forgotten.

Jess hated being the girl who pestered her boyfriend about anniversaries and dinners and things of the sort, but she had figured that Alex would at least acknowledge it. She wasn't expecting some sort of big bash or anything. Jess had just wanted Alex to acknowledge that he was aware of it.

It had her feeling like something so important to her meant so little to him. And that hurt. A lot.

And even after an hour of screaming, yelling and cursing, he still didn't remember.

"You don't have to be such a bitch, Jessica," Alex's voice seethed with bitterness. "You could lighten up a little bit and just tell me what the fuck it is you want me to remember so bad."

It was eating Alex on the inside that this girl was so obviously angry with him, but he just didn't know why she was and that left him just as angry with her. He wanted to hug her, kiss her, and say he was sorry, but he didn't know what the hell he was apologizing for.

"I just wanted you to remember, Alex," Jess' voice rose again.

"Maybe it's just not as important as you think it is, Jessica. Maybe that's why I don't remember," Alex offered, shrugging his shoulders carelessly.

Jess felt a pang in her heart while her shoulders slumped. Her grip loosened on the remote, allowing her knuckles to return back to their natural tan color. Lowering her head which caused her blonde waves to fall in front of her eyes, her voice softened. "Forget it."

As the woman began walking towards the door, Alex called out to her. "Where are you going?"

Jess bit her lip carefully. Was this a battle she wanted to fight? Sure. Was it a battle she knew she would win? Maybe. But, was it a battle she knew would end up with her and Alex still together? She wasn't so sure abou that. "Celebrate our anniversary by yourself, Alexander," and with that, Jess slipped out the big, wooden front door, making sure to slam it behind her.

It finally dawned on Alex; his days were mixed up. He had fucked up. She was angry - well, more like pissed off. And he knew she was hurt.

The worst part was that Alex wasn't entirely sure how he was going to fix this problem.
♠ ♠ ♠
i don't like this chapter, but hi.