Disposable Teens

The New Guy

"Moving? So soon?" Scott looked at his friend. The cold breeze hit the open bus windows and made Scott and Freddy shiver. It's only October, not later in the school year, and Freddy's mother announced they are packing up everything they own in there two bedroom condo. They only have a week to move to Miami, for Freddy's mother was transferred there for a new job and a bigger condo.

Freddy just found out the night before, when his mother came home from her crappy job at nine at night. Scott was the person he told about the move, since they ride the bus together. He was upset, to be leaving his friends, but they shouldn't give up their band dreams because of their drummer is moving south. He promised within his last week of school, he would try to find another drummer to replace him.

"Yes. Im really bummed. I promise ill look for someone at our school to replace me. So don't worry." Freddy, who sits at the end of the bus's seat felt a drop of rain hit him on the cheek. So today will rain, and be freezing. What a bad combination in Fort Lauderdale. He leaned over Scott towards the open window, to close it. The bus suddenly stops at the last stop of picking up students to take to the school. Three chatty popular girls aboard the bus, followed by a tall scary looking guy. The girls are always on this bus at this stop, but the tall scary teen, was new.

He was called over to the bus driver, to find his name on the official school bus list. The teen was wearing a Beatles "Abbey Road" album cover tee shirt, a black zip up Nirvana hoodie, and a pair of black dickies work pants.

"Last name?" The bus driver Roberto asked while looking for his name on his clipboard.

"Wilson.." He whispered.

"Let's see, Amber Wilson...Becky Wilson...Kayla Wilson....hmmm? Are you Kenneth or Brandon Wilson?" He asked confused.

"Kenny..." He whispered.

"Okay great. Have a seat, mumbles.." He closed the door and drove heading to the school.

Kenny just randomly sat in a seat that was empty in the front of the bus, by himself. Freddy who watched him get on the bus, had a strange vibe from him.

--

Stephen happens to be sitting near his locker, waiting for that gorgeous Asian teen in the booty shorts, to walk to his geek club. Stephen felt he had front row seats to see his crush. He even had binoculars, believe it or not. Stephen's thoughts were awaken, when he heard the locker next to him slam closed. He looked up to see a tall scary teen with blonde and brown highlighted hair, wearing a Beatles "Abbey Road" album cover tee shirt, a black zip up Nirvana hoodie, and a pair of black dickies work pants.

He sits down near his locker, which is literally next to Stephen. He took out a "playboy" magazine and skims through the sexy supermodels. Stephen pulls out a cigarette to light, but realizes he left his lighter at home. He looks to the scary teen, staring for a bit. Of course the teen didn't notice him, in fact he had an emotionless bored look on his face.

"Do you have a lighter on you?" Stephen finally spoke to break the tension. The tall teen nodded a 'no' without even looking up at him.

"I do!" said a voice. Only Stephen turned around, to see the cute goth Asian, he's been waiting to meet. He kneeled down to Stephen and lit his cigarette. Both Stephen and his crush were smiling. The other teen just sat there silently ignoring their presence.

"Thank You. I really needed that. Im Stephen Bier and im in a band!" he grinned as he shook the Asian's hand. The cute Asian blushes while the ignorant scary tall teenager looked up.

"Nice to meet you, Stephen. Im Timothy Michael Linton. So a band? That's amazing! I always wanted to be in a band. I can play guitar very well." He smiled.

"What type of music is it?" asked the ignorant scary teen. Stephen jumped when he heard him speak. Amazed that this kid actually talks and paid attention to his conversation.

"Well it's kind of heavy metal type." Stephen guessed.

"Hmm? I would love to see your band's talent sometime. I was in a band too before I moved here from Las Vegas. My name is Kenny Wilson, and I played drums." He said walking right pass them as soon as the bell rang to begin the first class of the day.

--

Freddy was having trouble to find a drummer for his friend's band. His last stop to check was the school's band classroom. He walked in and noticed that there was only one person in the room. He was playing a long drum solo by himself. In fact, it's that new kid from the bus this morning.

After five minutes of playing he stopped and picked up his water bottle. That's when Freddy applauded and the scary teen spat out his sips from being frightened.

"Oops! sorry I didn't mean to scare you. You're really talented! I was wondering if you could do me and my friends a favor?"

"Sure?" He looked confused.

"Well first off im Freddy, and you?" Freddy sat at a stool across from the drummer.

"Kenny Wilson. I just moved here from Las Vegas. I am a senior, im taking a lot of extra credit and elective classes, so I can graduate and get to go to a great university. Um so what's the favor, Freddy?" Kenny asked.

"Well im moving next week. My close friends and I have this band...well bottom line they need a drummer. I only told one of my band mates, so I thought maybe I will tell the others once I find the perfect drummer for them. You know your actually pretty nice, even though you seem like a quiet predator. No offense, man."

"Haha I get that a lot. I guess im a shy type of guy. Im afraid of making friends and then they leave me at the end. So I could be very afraid to open up and trust others. But for your dilemma, I am happy to show off my talent. So yes I would love to join your friend's band." Kenny laughed and smiled.

"Really? That's great! They should be starting practice tomorrow night at our bass player's house. We could meet here at the end of the school day tomorrow, and we both could take the bus to his house and back." Freddy shook Kenny's hand.

"Sounds Great! Oh and Freddy?" Kenny walked him to the hallway.

"Yeah?"

"Good luck with your move. I know how hard it is to change schools." Kenny smiled.

"Yeah. Thanks again, man!" Freddy walked back to his class.

--

"Wait, your moving?" Stephen shouted.

"Brian, Who would play drums then?" Jeordie turned to Brian.

"Actually I found you guys a new drummer." Freddy smiled.

"Really? Who?" Brian asked.

"His name is Kenny Wilson, despite his scary looks, he's a real talented drummer! Better than me! He is a nice guy once he's warmed up to you." Freddy explained.

"Wait, Isnt he the ignorant loner guy from Las Vegas?" Stephen spat out.

"Yes he's from Las Vegas. But Im telling you if you give him a chance he could make a BIG impression! Besides he's a really smart senior!!" Freddy argued.

"Alright. When do we meet him?" Brian asked.

"Tomorrow night at band practice."

"Okay great. Cant wait." Brian nodded.

"Now can we change the subject?" Stephen whined.

"Sure why not?" Scott nodded.

"I have a boyfriend!" Stephen showed his wrist. Written in a black sharpie was a boys phone number.

"Who is Timothy Michael Linton?" All four guys said in unison.

"Remember, I told you about this hot Asian goth boy, that goes to a geek's club next door to my locker? Well he offered me a light to my cigarette, this morning. Oh and that Kenny guy was there too since our lockers are near each other."

"That's great, Stephen! Im happy for you! Brian and I are boyfriends too!" Jeordie said while kissing Brian's cheek. Brian blushed and the three other friends laughed so hard they starting choking.

--

The last class of the day was Brian's favorite subject: Art class. Within five minutes of class, a documentary film about Vincent Van Gogh just started. A student walked in and gave a note to the teacher. She paused the film to introduce the new student to the class.

"Okay, Class. Its very rare for a senior to be taking Art as an elective compared to a Sport. This is Kenneth Wilson. He is new to our school, all the way from Las Vegas, Nevada. So lets try to help him feel comfortable here. So Kenny, why don't you sit right over there next to Brian Warner. Brian please raise your paint brush in the air, so Kenny could sit near you. Okay. Good. Back to the film!"

The video resumes and Brian notices right away that Kenny is staring off to space. He did look scary but Freddy said he was a nice person deep down inside. Brian took out a piece of paper from his sketch book, and written a note just for Kenny to read. As soon he was finished he tried to pass it to Kenny, but the teacher paused the film and took it from him.

"Mr. Warner, There is NO note passing during class. To teach you a lesson, please read the note out loud." She handed it back to him and he stood up from his seat and tried whispering it to Kenny.

"Louder! Mr. Warner!"

"Kenny, Freddy told me about you at lunch today. Cant wait to see your skills. My name is Brian and im the vocalist of our band.........Do I really have to continue?" Brian turned pink.

"Yes!" The teacher snapped. Kenny was staring at Brian with no emotions on his face.

"P.S. I like your hair and tee shirt. Sincerely, Brian Warner.." The class started laughing and whispering things like, "oooo he likes the scary senior's hair!", "They should date!"

Kenny quickly got up with tears streaming down his face, and ran to the hallway. Brian went after him, while the teacher starting demanding them to come back to class. As soon as they were outside, Kenny had his face in his hands sobbing loudly.

"Im sorry, Kenny. I didn't mean to embarrass you like that! Shit! I understand if you don't want to join the band now and..." Brian looks to see that Kenny is actually laughing hard.

After laughing about seven to eight minutes, Kenny is wiping his tears of laughter from his eyes.

"Sorry, I haven't laughed in so long! That was the best!" Kenny wrapped his arms around Brian into a hug. "I cant wait for practice!"

"Great! Oh and I know you already met Stephen. He's our keyboardist. So see you at practice."

--

After two hours of a band meeting, the pieces are starting fit together. Kenny was astonishing! He was fast and talented.

"So, how was practice? Ginger Fish.." asked an excited Freddy.

Kenny, or now called Ginger, just grinned.

"I cant wait for our first gig."

--

To be Continued.....
♠ ♠ ♠
"And the academy award to the hottest rockband musician that holds and controls my heart goes to......Ginger Fish!!!" -TwiggyLeeManson