Status: I've recently revamped this story a bit, so please start over if you've been reading. A lot of it has just been recycled, but I've changed major plot lines, so please take the minute to reread

Ecclesiastes

Here We Go

I have no interested in leaving one of the most expensive cars in the world in the parking lot of a high school, so I hitch a ride with Allison to school. She drives carefully from the second Chris waves us off to the second she parks. We don’t speak in the car or on our way to our lockers. I got one next to Allison so that I wouldn’t like a lonely loser, but since we’re not talking, it looks that way anyway.

Allison roughly pulls her lock off of her locker, and, without looking at me, says, “You’ve been getting pretty close with Isaac, huh?”

I do my best to not tense up, “Yea, so what?”

She stuffs the books and binders she doesn’t need right away into her locker, “You pounced on him rather quickly.”

I laugh and roll my eyes. I open up and start setting up my locker, too. “Pounced?”

She looks at me for a bitter, quick, second, “Scott doesn’t think it’s a good idea, that’s all.”

I pull my head back as far as my neck will go, I scrunch up my face, and I wait for her to look at me again. “I’m not a part of his pack. I don’t need to listen to him – an omega.”

She breathes out heavily and shuts her locker. “Isaac is more loyal to him than to Derek. He might as well be his alpha.”

I close my locker and walk with her to our first class, “Regardless, I’m sure he can make his own decisions. Why are you two so against this anyway?”

Allison tightly presses her books against her chest, “A lot has happened to him in a really short amount of time – his dad died, his friends are missing – ”

I start walking faster than her, “A lot has happened to you, too, and you’re still functioning. You think you’re some super strong person – to which no one else can compare? Fuck off this.” I walk away from her and off to class. I walk into Mr. Harris’ class and scan the room for seats. Isaac smiles widely at me and pats the stool next to him, but Scott sees this and springs from his seat with Stiles to sit with Isaac. I roll my eyes and shake my head; I sit next to Stiles and take out a small binder, filled with paper and several dividers, and a pen. Stiles looks at my half of the desk and then looks at me. “Do you want to borrow a pencil?”

“No,” I sigh and start to shake the pen between my pointer and pinky finger.

“Are you sure? It’ll be easier to get rid of mistakes –”

I look him the eyes, “I don’t make mistakes.”

“Uh—alright,” Stiles displays his discomfort by laughing and leaning away from me.

We sit in silence while the rest of the class murmurs to one another. A tall, skinny pale dude with thick black glasses eventually makes his way into the class. He drops a black messenger back on the teacher’s desk in front and writes his name on the chalkboard behind him. He turns back to face the class and says, “Welcome to Chemistry B. It’s good to see some of you here,” his eyes scan the room and rest on Stiles, “and it’s a surprise to see some of you here.”

Stiles leans against our desk and looks up at Mr. Harris with a smooth face and eyes tilted to the ceiling.

“We’ll see who of you makes it on to Physics, and we’ll see some of you barely pass this course. Some of you might even go back to Chemistry A.”

I start to give him the same bored, irritated look that Stiles is perfecting.

Mr. Harris drones on for a bit, but finally says, “Get all your supplies out. But quietly – I’m going to take role.”

He calls Allison, who raises her hand from the front of the room, and then pauses at the next name. I know it’s mine – Bernard had my last name changed to Argent once he officially claimed me. Mr. Harris slowly raises his eyes to me and says, “We have a new student. Care to introduce yourself?”

This is clearly a ploy to get how to pronounce my name without trying or just asking me, so I smirk and say, “Nefertiti.”

Mr. Harris clears his throat, looks at his roster and then back up at me. “Alright, well. Welcome to Beacon Hills High—hopefully you’ll do better in this class than your pal Stiles –”

“He’s not my pal,” I say, staring Harris in his eyes.

He smiles, but his nervousness and discomfort tugs the corners of his lips down a bit. “Well, you’re already to a good start then.”

Stiles crosses his arms against his chest and Harris continues on with his roll call. Scott passes me a note once Harris looks to a couple of other students, which reads, “Why are you changing your name?”

I grin and write back, “Because I am a Queen.” I carelessly toss it back to him. I push my hair up and together, fiddling with the super kinky curls that make up my Mohawk ’fro and smile devilishly at Scott once he reads the note.

Harris passes out his syllabus and drones on and on about his expectations for his students and what we can expect to do for his class. I already took Chemistry back in LA, but I started it half way through the year, so I figure that this class can’t hurt. Plus I figured that I could sit with Isaac, but clearly this nosey group has plans for us.

I doodle potential Fall Formal dresses while Harris drones on about memorizing the periodic table. It felt like he was talking about it forever, and clearly he was as the bell rang during his speech. I tossed all my things back into my bag and shot up and off of the stool. Scott pushes the stool back to get up, but I quickly slide him against the table – which makes Harris chuckle – and grab the hand Isaac offers me. I walk out of class with him and ask, “Do you know where—?”
“Ms. Blake’s class? I’m pretty sure we all have that together, too.”

“Oh good,” I smile at him. I’m usually much shorter than him – I’m five seven, but Isaac is a giant at six two – but I’m wearing my pair of red, T-Strap, Gucci pumps, which rockets me up to just about six feet tall. The black denim of my pants stops just above the strap, letting the unique strap shine for the entire world to see. Isaac lets go of my hand and wraps his right arm around my waist, fingering one of the flaps at the end of my black leather, biker–like jacket. I wrap my left arm around his shoulders and flash him a small smile. I stroke some loose curls off of his neck and with the rest of his hair, but gently retract my hand so that my gold rings of crystal skulls don’t tug at the loose strands of hair. I can’t really tell if people are staring at our lite PDA, our fantastic fashion, or at us, but I do my best to ignore all of them anyway.

We take our time in the passing period to get to class, enjoying the feeling of one another’s sides pressed together. Once again, Scott and Stiles are separate in seating to try and separate us. I roll my eyes and set my red bag on the desk in connected to Scott’s desk. I grip the sides of the desk and lean over so that our eyes are locked and on the same level. I shake my head and whisper, “No one is going to set the limits for my life, especially some goody-two-shoes omega.”

Scott swallows the excess spit in his mouth – his throat flexes and tightens for it – and shakes his head back at me. “Isaac—”

“Is his own keeper. Now,” I lean closer with every word, “Get. The. Fuck. Up.”

Scott shakes his head, rolls his eyes, and then sits next to Stiles.

I smirk to myself and get comfortable in my seat.

Image


Isaac and I got split up at lunch because I had to go to the office and get my schedule officially validated. What should have been a minute for a signature turned into waiting at the door of a counselor who was offering unsolicited advice to some sophomore. I couldn’t leave because I needed his signature for the remainder of my day, but I swiftly took off once he signed it. I saw Isaac walking with Stiles, so I speed walked up to him and tugged his right hand as he swung it back. He looks over his right shoulder and then smiles at me. “Where have you been?”

I sigh, “I had to wait on a counselor to sign off the rest of my day.”

“Oh, well, do you want to see what’s left in the cafeteria?”

I shake my head and then smirk. I tug his hand so we can start walking away from Stiles and whisper, “I’m more thirsty than anything else.”

Isaac’s face goes from a neutral look, to quick confusion, to devilish excitement. I lead him to a janitor’s closet, but he tugs me away and says, “Coach won’t be in his office until three.”

I giggle and say, “Who are you and what have you done with the shy Isaac?”

He laughs and starts to powerwalk us to the gym area of the high school. He picks the lock of the door with a werewolf nail and then locks it again behind us. Isaac starts to pick the few things off of his coach’s desk, but I just slide them off onto the desk chair. I push Isaac onto the desk so that he’s sitting on the edge and then grab his face between my cool palms. His thin lips feel so much fuller when pressed against my own; I can taste the greasy pepperoni pizza he had for lunch as he slides his tongue between my parted lips. I ignore the taste and continue our slow, sensual kiss. Isaac parts from me and said, “How thirsty can you be with five minutes left?”

I laugh and then tug at his belt buckle. “It’s fantastic that five minutes is not enough time for you.”

Isaac laughs and then plants a quick kiss on my lips. “Practice ends around five—”

I plant a quick kiss on his lips and then murmur, “I’ll bring you some water then.”

Image


Allison drops me off near the field on her way to Lydia’s house so that they can make flashcards of the Periodic Table for Harris’ class. I smile and shiver at the sound of the tapping of my heels on the newly asphalted parking lot behind the gym. Neither of the double doors to the hallway that leads to the gym and the locker rooms are locked, so I waltz right in and make my way through the boys’ locker room. I tilt my head back, close my eyes, and then breathe in deeply. It seems god awful, but I can pick out Isaac’s scent; I head over to his locker and play with the dial until I hear the locks click, opening up the locker for me. His shit is everywhere and disgusting – isn’t this the first day, what the fuck is all this mess? They must have practiced over the summer.

I use my nails to carefully pick up his sweat soaked clothing and lay them out on the benches behind me. I wave my left hand within the locker in a desperate attempt to fan it out while using my other hand to prop his things back up and organizing his general mess. When I feel that I’ve done the best with the materials given to me. I grip the sides of his locker and duck my head in to make sure that I’ve dealt with everything. I retract my body from his locker, but then I feel a body press against me; semi-hairy, cream-colored hands press against the lockers next to my hands. Isaac nuzzles his face into the crook of my neck as I turn to look at him. His breath is hot and his lips are firmly pressed into my flesh in the shape of a smile. “I heard the tapping of your shoes.”

I smile and mumble, “I’m glad they’ve grown on you.”

He chuckles, which vibrates against the tenderness of my neck. Isaac further presses his growing self against my ass; I wiggle against him and sigh, but then I scoot closer to his locker and say, “Don’t get your sweat on this six hundred dollar leather.”

He laughs and starts to back up, but then I hear Stiles say, “I’ve never heard of someone too vain for taboo locker shenanigans.”

I roll my eyes, “I’ve never heard of someone too sassy for voyeurism.”

Isaac laughs and steps back so that I may step away from the lockers.

Stiles ignores my remark and says, “Derek texted – ”

“What?” I laugh, “You two dating?”

Stiles ignores me again, “and he says that we all need to head over to his place.”

Isaac sighs and rolls his eyes while sitting next to his things I put on a near-by bench. “He kicks me out and then wants us all to go hang?”

I turn and look at Isaac, “When’d he kick you out?”

He rolls his head from one shoulder to the other, “Just before you took me back-to-school shopping.”

“Oh,” I whisper and lean against the locker next to Isaac’s open locker. I look back at Stiles and ask, “For what?”

Stiles shrugs, “Something about the heat.”

I tilt my head back and laugh, “It’s cold as fuck here.”

Stiles shrugs again and then checks his phone. “He’s rolling up. Let’s get out of here.”

Isaac stretches and stands up, “His car is a shitty two seater.”

I laugh and then tap my right foot out, showing off the heel, “Have fun walking, boys.”

Isaac laughs and rolls his eyes while Stiles grabs his keys out of his locker. He looks at Isaac and says, “Grab Scott and meet me at the jeep.”