Status: Leave me comments

The Rookie

Two

“Aren’t you so excited that we get to work together?! Oh. My. God. It’s going to be so great!”

The petite red headed girl walking next to me was practically jumping up and down at this point. I was not a morning person and her energy was way too much for me to handle right now. I noted to myself that if I were going to survive working with her that I would need to invest in a new coffee pot. ASAP.

“Why do you think they are calling us to the locker room? Do you think they have an assignment for us already? Wonder if any of the boys will be undressing. Mmm, that would be a gre---“

“Millie, stop.” I cut her off.

When I had first been introduced to her in the office this morning, she had immediately engulfed me in a hug even though I had stuck my hand out as a greeting. As we had gotten our I.D. pictures taken and went through paperwork, she had only talked about either a) herself or b) which player she wanted to lure into bed first. It was getting annoying really quick.

“Well, someone woke up with their panties in a knot this morning.” She said while glaring at me.

“Sorry, it’s just… If we’re going to be working together I would appreciate it if you took things seriously. I don’t know what you were expecting when you signed up for this, but I don’t consider it to be a form of speed dating.”

“No hockey players… Blah, blah, blah.” She began. Mimicking me in a rude, bratty tone and throwing her arms in the air.

“You sound exactly like my daddy. He said if he gave me this job, that I would have to be on my best behavior. I just want to have some fun!”

“Your dad got you this job?” I crossed my arms and raised an eyebrow suspiciously.

“Yeah, my dad owns this team! And he never lets me be around the team! Even when they come over to our house it’s like he puts me on a leash! Ugh, its so annoying!”

I gulped. What the hell had I gotten myself into?

“You mean, your dad is Ray Shero?”

“YES!” Millie screamed.

“Maybe you should treat me a little bit more nicely Sage?” She scolded me, waving a finger in my face.
If she wasn’t related to the Penguin’s GM, I probably would have decked her right then or used a couple of adjectives to describe my frustrations. I knew that if I wanted a chance of ever making it to the big leagues though, I would have to be Millie Shero’s new best friend; even if it killed me.

“Got it.” I said and we continued on our walk towards the locker rooms in an awkward silence.

When we arrived, a couple of gentlemen were standing outside the door. The introduced themselves only to me, having apparently known Millie for a while. Go figure.

“Ready to go girls?” One of them asked.

Before I could even answer or nod my head, Millie was flying past the three men and was headed into the locker room.

Two of the guys ran in after her, while the third stayed behind with me. He was shaking his head in complete disgust and swearing under his breath.

“I’ve known that girl since the day she was born. I can honestly say that I can’t stand her. Good luck dealing with that.” He said as he now guided me into the locker room.

A slight smile broke on my face. Well I guess I wasn’t the only one who had a bone to pick with the girl?

Beau’s POV

I was standing in my stall with a towel wrapped around my waist, having just showered, when I saw Millie Shero come bursting into the room with two security guards closely behind her.

I had already had a pretty shitty practice. The last thing I wanted to see was her right now.

“Hey Beau! Nice to see you.” She said as she threw her arms around my bare abdomen and nestled her face against me skin.

“Uhm, hello Millie.” I responded shyly as I took her arms and removed them from my body.

“I thought they said the new community relations girls were coming down here, not you?”

“Haha, you’re silly. I am one of the CR girls now! See, I got an official I.D. badge and everything!” She practically screamed as she shoved the plastic card in my face. As nice of a guy Ray was, I had always wondered how he had ended up with her as his daughter. Seeing as I was one of the guys on the team that was closer to her age though, she was always trying to throw herself at me. It was annoying.

“That’s nice.” I said unimpressed. “I thought there were two of you though?”

Millie didn’t have time to answer my question before the door swung open and another one of the security guards walked in. Tagging not too far behind him was another girl.

I was really trying not to stare, but this girl was gorgeous. She didn’t look like most of the girls you saw walking around Pittsburgh though. The majority of them looked like Millie; fake boobs, unnaturally dyed hair, strutting around in clothes way to tight on their bodies. This girl was the complete opposite though. Her beach wave hair was a dirty blonde that had so many different colors throughout it; even I knew it would be hard to get that look at a high-end saloon. Her makeup was natural and not over done. Oh, and those bright blue eyes were practically beaming. Everything about her was wonderful; right down to the outfit she was wearing. Now, who was she?

John’s loud voice interrupted my thoughts as he called the locker room to order. Everyone was coming around to where the three security guards and the two girls stood.

“I would have given you boys a heads up about the ladies getting ready to come in, but I didn’t exactly get the chance to.” John began as he gave Millie a death glare and then turned his attention back towards us.

“These are you new CR girls. You all know Millie, but this is Sage Allen.” He said as he pointed at the mystery girl.

Mmm, Sage was a pretty name. I liked it.

“Better get use to these girls now boy, you’ll be seeing a lot of them. Do anything to disrespect them and we will have problems.” John finished. We all nodded our heads in agreement as he escorted both girls out of the locker room.

“I won’t mind having to see Sage on a regular basis.” I heard Sidney say next to me.

“Da, forget Millie. Sage good.” Geno, who was standing on the other side of me, agreed.

Well, it looks like the rookie was going to be fighting off two seasoned veterans in the fight for this girl.