Status: Leave me comments

The Rookie

Five

My laughter trailed off as I placed both hands on Beau’s chest. I could feel him flexing underneath his shirt. I lowered my head down onto my hands as looked down at my delightful view. Beau was gorgeous, but whatever cologne he was wearing was driving my senses insane. This whole thing was just intoxicating.

“Hi.” I said and leaned over to give him another kiss. When I pulled away he had the biggest grin on his face. I loved his smile; those dimples had me drooling.

“Hi, yourself.” He said, still with a goofy grin.

I readjusted myself, but he must have taken it as me getting off. He soon had me wrapped in his embrace. I was stuck in between his body and his grip. I giggled slightly.

“You are not going anywhere Sage Allen.” He said in a very seductive tone and pulled me in closer for another kiss.

I could not believe that this was happening right now. I was making out with Beau Bennett, of the Pittsburgh Penguins, at the Consol Energy Center, on the ice. Although he had never been the player I fantasized about, the rest of the situation was something I had only ever dreamed of. This was my version of Heaven.

My attention turned to the overall situation I faced with though. Even last night I had decided that Beau was a more than decent guy, and today had only confirmed how I had felt about him. I knew he felt the same about me; he didn’t exactly hide it. I didn’t doubt Beau and I, my problem was my job. It did not look too good that the new community relations girl was dating one of the guys she was suppose to be managing. That was my dilemma.

For the moment, I decided to put all of that aside. I was enjoying playing tonsil hockey with the hunk below me.

“What the fuck do you two think you are doing?!” A voice echoed through the entire arena.

I recognized the voice and from the panicked look on Beau’s face, I knew he did too.

Millie Shero.

“I swear to God. My dad will hear about this!” She roared. I could not pin point where exactly she was, but I knew she was getting closer.

“How dare you lecture me about no hockey players!” She screamed. At last Millie was looking over the boards at Beau and me. I was still on top of him.

“Millie, I was just uhhh giving her a tour of the arena… And we were on the ice. She ummm… fell.” Beau tried to explain.

I would have never pinned Millie for being a honor student or anything like that, but I knew when it came to this kind of stuff she wasn’t stupid. I knew she hadn’t bought it. I pushed myself off Beau’s chest and quickly stood up. Too late though, Millie was storming off towards the tunnel that lead to the locker rooms and reaching around for her cell phone in her purse.

“Oh, you just wait for daddy to hear about this one!” She warned.

In about two seconds I had jumped back over the boards and was now darting towards her. She was dialing when I grabbed the phone from her hand.

“No, Millie. Don’t do this.” I was practically pleading.

“Give me ONE good reason why I shouldn’t.” She was standing angrily in front of me with her arms folded.

“I promise. This was a one-time thing. This will not go anywhere.” I said it without even thinking. At this, she raised an eyebrow suspiciously.

“So you’re telling me, if I keep my mouth shut… that you and Beau are done?” She questioned.

Reluctantly, I shook my head.

There was a long pause, but she appeared to be thinking it over.

“Fine. BUT…” She said, taking a step closer to me and retching her phone from my hands, “Not only do you stay away from him, you can add ‘Millie’s personal bitch’ to your job description. Anything I want, I get. Got it?”

I gulped and shook my head. She grinned and began to walk down the tunnel. Before she had rounded the corner, she looked over her shoulder and said, “Oh. I forgot to mention that I love Mocha Cookie Crumble Frappuccino’s from Starbucks. I expect to have a Venti sized one on my desk on Monday. Toodles.” She finished and waved with a smug expression on her face before leaving.

I took a long sigh and then made my way back towards the ice. Sitting in the stands to my left was Beau. In all of the chaos, I had almost completely forgotten he was still here. The expression on his face was one of both hurt and anger. He glanced to his right, made eye contact, and then got up from his seat.

I dashed after him and grabbed him by the arm. He shook me off and looked over his shoulder as he said, “Sage. Let’s just go.” He continued walking towards the parking lot.

Fuck.

The entire car ride back was completely silent; he didn’t even have music playing. As he pulled up to the curb in front of my apartment, he looked at me and then at the door handle. I took this as my cue to leave. As I got out, he shifted his focus back towards the road.

“I’m sorry Beau.” I finally said as I stood on the street still holding open the Range Rover’s door.

He shrugged.

“It is what it is. I guess your job means more to you then me.” He didn’t even have the decency to say this to my face; he was still staring at the street.

“Don’t take it like that.” I replied. At this, I must have struck a nerve and gotten his attention.

“How the hell do you want me to take it Sage?”

No longer was he transfixed on the road.

“Because I heard exactly what was said between you and Millie. You care more about your fucking job then you do about maybe trying to work something out with me.”

I couldn’t disagree with him because I knew he was right, but I was hurt by how bluntly he had made those accusations. Where was my gentleman Beau Bennett?

“I’m really sorry Beau.” Was all I could manage to say back as I shut the door.

In about two seconds the Range Rover was flying down the street. I could hear honking as it cut off at least three other cars. Well this was just peachy.