Status: Leave me comments

The Rookie

Seven

As I approached the arena, I had to stop myself from just barging in to the offices. If Sage had been at Starbucks getting whatever Millie wanted, then Millie obviously was holding up to her end of the deal. Me going in and demanding to talk to Sage would make matters worse and I knew that would just add more insult to injury. Texting would have to suffice for now.

Message sent.

I didn’t know if Sage would see my name on her phone and ignore it, or she would actually read it’s contents. I waited anxiously for about fifteen minutes.

Come on Sage, where are you?

Just as I was getting ready to give up all hope and drive off, I saw her. I had hidden behind a couple of other vehicles just in case Millie was in the area and became suspicious. I honked and she immediately shot her head in my direction. Coming around the corner, she saw the car and started making a beeline towards me. She did not look too happy.

In the time that it had taken me to drive over here and wait for her arrival, I had had so many other thoughts going threw my head that I hadn’t even thought of what to say. My stomach was doing flips and I was starting to feel a little noxious. How could I ace interviews when a billion reporters were trying to get my attention and not know what to say now?
Finally, Sage opened the Range Rover’s door, without saying a word, and sat in the passenger seat.

“Uhm, hey.” Is all I could get out. Wow, talk about smooth.

Sage’s POV

“Uhm, hey.”

Really, that’s what I was going to be greeted with? I had had to sneak ever so carefully out of my office to come see Beau and that is how he was going to start our conversation.

“That’s all you go for me?” I asked. I couldn’t hide the anger in my voice. When I had gotten that text from him, my heart had just started racing. I had thought that after the way I had acted that I wouldn’t hear from him ever again. This was not how I was envisioning things going. I had thought we would kiss and make up, but apparently Beau had other plans.

He took a deep breath. It looked like he was trying to gather his own thoughts. Maybe he was just as nervous as I was?

“Okay, let me start this over. Hi, Sage. How are you?”

I just eyed him. That had almost been worse than his first try. I mean, there was a gigantic elephant in the Range Rover and I didn’t really want him to just avoid what I knew this conversation was going to be about. I guess by my expression he knew I didn’t want to stick around and bull shit with him either.

“Fine, I’ll just jump to it. I’m sorry for being a prick the other day.”

Okay, now that was what I was looking for.

See, I’m the type of person that can admit to their own flaws. Typically, if you can do the same then I am more forgiving.

“And I’m sorry for being a career-driven bitch.”

He laughed and I soon followed suite. The tension had finally been broken between us.

“Look Beau, I like you. I’m interested in getting to know you, but I moved to Pittsburgh for one reason; to get a job. It looks pretty shitty when the newst employee is dating one of the players she’s supposed to be representing. If you’ve got a plan as to how we’re going to sneak around so I don’t get fired, then I am all ears.”

Without hesitation he said, “Then let’s not be public about it?”

I raised an eyebrow in suspicion.

“Okay, Mr. Hockey Heartthrob. Tell me how an NHL player like yourself keeps his private life a secret.”

He had a menacing grin on his face as he leaned closer to me. He was now no more than an inch from my face.

“You’ll just have to trust me on this one.” He said looking into my eyes.

It wasn’t before long that those gorgeous lips of his were on mine once more; their rightful place.

“I do.” I said as I pulled away.

***
It had been two weeks since Beau and I had literally kissed and made up. We had decided to keep things between us very hush, hush. He didn’t even let his teammates know and I continued on as Millie’s slave. I had thought that she would eventually ease up on me, but that was not the case. The whole Starbucks incident seemed relatively mild now.

My first project as a community relation’s director was quickly approaching and I had been swamped the last couple days. The amount of work I had wouldn’t have been that bad, but of course Millie had given me a good deal of hers too. I had been pulling nine-hour days for the past week and as I looked at the massive pile of paperwork covering my desk, I knew that tonight would be no different.

I sighed.

It was bout eight o’clock when I heard my Luke Bryan ringtone blaring from my purse. I smiled when I saw Beau’s face on the screen.

“Hello, is Sage Allen there?” Beau asked.

“Uhm, yes. This is she?” I responded. Confused.

“Oh, good to know she’s still alive. She’s been a little MIA the past couple of days and her boyfriend is becoming rather concerned for her well being.”

I laughed.

This is one of the many things that I liked about him. He knew exactly how to make me smile and relieve my frustrations. Even something as simply as this cheesy phone call made my day better.

“But seriously, Sage. I miss you. Come home? My bed and I are rather lonely.” He said the last part seductively.

“You and your bed will have to wait. I’m not getting out of here any time soon.” I retorted back.

I heard a long sigh on the other end.

“Fine. Please tell me you’ll a least come here when you’re done?”

I promised I would and then hung up. Oh Beau…
**2 hours later**

I was searching frantically for more envelops, when I heard a knock on my office door. Who the hell was here so late?

My question was quickly answered when Beau opened the door, Chinese take out boxes in hand. I hadn’t eaten lunch or dinner.

“You are my savior!” I said as I leaped across the room; giving him a huge hug and a kiss.

“My bed just isn’t the same without you.” He said with a sly grin on his face.

“Sex addict.” I teased.

Suddenly he had a wild look in his eyes and within a couple of seconds he had set the food down and with one swing of his arm, all of my paperwork was off the desk and now lying on the floor. He set me on the desk and began kissing me. After a couple of moments he had moved from my lips, down my neck, and my collarbone. I had moved to rest my head over his shoulder and let out a slight moan.

Although I had had my eyes either closed or was directing my attention towards Beau, for a brief second I scanned the room. My eyes widened when I saw a security camera in the upper left hand corner of the office.
SHIT.

I threw Beau off of me.

“Hey, what’s wrong? Thought you liked that…” He trailed off when I pointed to the device.

“Fuck!” He yelled as he hit his hand against his forehead.

What the hell were we going to do about that?
♠ ♠ ♠
It's kinda long, but I hope you like! :)

Please let me know what you're thinking and any suggestions?