‹ Prequel: Somebody or Nobody?

Exposed

Autumnbound

Clary looked at the balcony. She saw Kyle with his arm around Amy. She had been waiting for this, and in a strange way it did not hurt her, she only felt pity for Alec, who adored Amy more than anyone. It was to her confession to make, but by the way she moved Clary could see Amy was in love with Kyle. Probably even more than she herself knew at this point. She knew Amy would get her heart broken by Kyle, who had so carelessly stolen it. Because, Clary thought, the only reason to steal a heart is f you have none of your own. She did not pity Amy however, she would make sure Kyle got hurt just as bad as he would hurt her. But Maybe…Clary thought…summer didn't end today. It had ended when they all met and fell in love with the wrong person…because everything is autumnbound, nothing last forever. Layla looked at her questioning.

"Come on, it's our last-day-of-summer-party, why are you so quiet?" she asked.

"Because the actual summer ended a long time ago, didn't it?" Clary asked as she gestured to the couple.

Layla did not know why, but she got it, summer had ended a while ago. The carelessness had been gone a while ago, when Amy came. Amy who had enchanted them all, and brought them in confusion at once.

"He likes her." Layla said numb.

"And she likes him back." Clary smiled.

"That's your boyfriend, how can you be so calm?" Layla asked.

"Because I am, contradictorily to you, not in love with him." she smiled sadly.

"I can't help that." Layla responded. "I tried stopping it, but…"

"It's not your fault that he is a heartbreaker, he's made for that." Clary smiled. "It is just that he never really got to me, I guess because I always knew this." she said, gesturing to the couple on the balcony.

"Are we to tell Alec?" Layla asked.

"I thought of that, and I say no. It is not in our place to tell him something Amy might not even know herself." Clary said.

"This is such a fucked up night now!" Layla screamed as Alec came in as response to her screaming. He glanced at the couple on the balcony, and left the house.