‹ Prequel: Somebody or Nobody?

Exposed

A new beginning, brought by the past.

Amy pulled her hair back and made a ponytail. She didn't look too great, but it then again, she didn't need to yet. The concert would start in five hours, so she had some time. She had refused to speak to Kyle the last few weeks, so she guessed they were no longer together. He had been making her desperate, she had always expected him to cheat on her, and that that would we the reason they broke up. But fact was, it was his possessiveness that had made her cut the cord. She could no longer take it. Still she had her doubts, she still loved him, and he had made her what she was now, although he had done it the hard way. A knock on the door brought her back to earth.

"Come in."

"Amy, there are some songs Kyle wants to go through before the show."

"Which ones?"

"He did not say."

"Very well then, I'll take a look." she said as she got up.

Clary looked at the people in the room. Teaching poker to rich people really was the most annoying job ever, she thought.
Then again, it paid well, and she didn't have to do anything that involved old men and taking off clothing.
The other people at the casino had easier jobs, just a bit of talking, playing some games…
She was relieved as her phone rang, she looked if the boss wasn't in sight and walked off a bit.

"Clary?"

"Yes?"

"Alec here. I am away tonight, but I forgot to feet my neighbors cat. Could you do it, since you work near by my place."

"Sure, but what are you up to?"

"A concert."

"Wait a second, you are going to see Amy, aren't you. Alec, I really don't think…"

"Believe me, I don't do this for me." he said, as he hung up on her.

Clary shook her head, this was such a typical thing for Alec.

Alec was amazed by how many people had come to the concert. It was sold out, really amazing.
He walked to his seat at the front row, he was sitting so close to the stage that it was almost scary.
The light were going out and Alec sat down, it was about to start. All he hoped was that Amy would see him.

Amy looked at all the people, they all seemed so excited, just because she was standing there, making some strange sounds. They yelled they loved her, how could they? They loved her music, sure, her looks, maybe, but her, no. There was only one person in this entire city that had ever loved her, and he….
Amy almost forget she had to sing. Alec was standing in the front row, not screaming, hardly moving. He was just his perfect, sculptured self.
Throughout the entire song she just stared at him, hoping he would notice, and he did, he didn't look away even once.
After the show Amy wanted to jump off-stage and run to him. She had never realised how much she had actually missed him. Of course she had felt bad about him a lot, but she had never felt the urge to go to him. She did now.
She knew, however, that she would have all these fans pulling on her if she did so. It was not safe, so she walked away, when she realised something.

"The blond boy in the front row." she said to a guard, pointing at Alec.

"Yes, what about him ma'am?"

"I know him, bring him to my dressing room."

"Yes ma'am." he nodded.

She knew this would not look good, but it was the honest truth after all.

She waited in her room, looking at the mirror, her hand folded on her lap. When the door finally opened she saw Alec his face behind her. She felt tense, but also happy. He walked up to her and hugged her. She did not expect it and looked astonished at their reflection.

"I said I had forgiven you, didn't I?" he asked.

"Yes, but I expected this to be much more awkward." she smiled.

"Then why ask me to come?" he laughed.

"Because I wanted to see you. Why did you come?"

"Because I knew you wanted it."

"How did you?"

"Your songs told me about enough, and then there is the name of the band…" he started.

"You speak Japanese?"

"Nope, but one of my 'girlfriends' did."

"You had a lot of them?"

"Quite a few, but it never lasted so long. They just weren't…."

"Cute enough?" she asked.

"…you." he finished.

Amy's jaw dropped and she flushed bright pink.

"I would take you back anytime, you know." he confessed. "And I know it is stupid, and I know you have Kyle, and I want you to be happy with him. And he gave you your dream. But may I ask you something?"

Amy nodded.

"Are you happy, Amy, are you?
If you tell me you have a full and happy life, I will leave. If you simply ask me to leave, I will. But if you are not happy, I want to help you."

She looked at him and felt a sudden weakness over her. All these things he said, they were to sweet to be meant. They had to be a lie. Kyle had also promised to give her whatever she wanted, to make her happy, but he was not doing a fine job. How could Alec make it happen?