‹ Prequel: Somebody or Nobody?

Exposed

This was a fresh start, with new colours and new people

There was hardly any light in the house as Alec came in. He hadn't paid the energy bills for months now, so they had cut him off. Alec didn't mind very much, he was used to it by now. He pulled his hood down and looked in the mirror. His pale blond hair covered half his face, it was all he could see apart from the white in his eyes. Maybe he didn't want to see more, living in the night takes a lot of your beauty away. He lit a cigarette and sat down by the window. A band…Amy had seemed fair enough, she was worth the trouble. He reached for his phone and called Kyle.

“What do you want?” the other boy asked grumpy

“I wanted to ask you if you wanted to try out for a band.” Alec said, without responding to the fact that this was not a good moment.

“What kind of?”

“My friend Layla asked, she had some chick with her that started it.”

“A chick?” Kyle asked with a sudden interest. “Was she pretty?”

“Yes, she was good looking.” Alec said as he rolled his eyes.

“I’ll come.” Kyle grinned and hang up.

Alec walked across the room and searched for his guitar in the dark. The sounds calmed him whenever he felt miserable, and living like him, that was a lot of times.

At the same time Amy switched on the lights in her new room and looked around. She and Layla had worked all day to make it pretty, and it was. She sat down on the blue bad sheets and gave it another look. The room looked like her room in England, only less pink. She didn't want it pink anymore, it had only stayed that way because she had always found herself to lazy to change it. This was a fresh start, with new colours and new people!