‹ Prequel: Somebody or Nobody?

Exposed

An Ice Coffee

When they all came together a week later for some coffee Amy was starstruck. Kyle was, without a doubt, the most gorgeous being she had ever seen. However Layla was less pleased to see him. She had never liked him much, or he her.

“I’m Kyle. You’re Amy right?” he smiled towards Amy, who only nodded in return.

“Yes.” she said as she got herself together.

What was she doing, he was gorgeous, yes, but to react like that. She felt so stupid and dependent at that moment that she decided to look at him as little as possible.
But when she stopped looking at him, she started staring at her. Kyle always wanted what he could not have, and he had always gotten it his way. Amy did notice this, since she had met guys like him before, but that didn’t make him less attractive. Alec came in last, without his hood he was pretty, Amy thought. Not prince charming pretty, like Kyle. But elvish pretty, as if he was not totally human. There was a darkness over him anyway, no matter how light his hair or how bright his eyes. Alec looked like a broken glass, still shiny, and pretty in a way, but broken.

“An Ice Coffee.” Amy said to the waitress as she was ordered last of the group.

“Very well, I’ll be right back.” the young girl smiled. She gave Kyle a hasty look, and when he returned it she flushed and walked off fast.

“I think she likes you.” Alec said a bit bored.

“I agree.” Kyle grinned.

“God Kyle, what did you do this time.” Layla asked slightly annoyed.

“I think you can imagine just fine...sweetheart.” he said with a devilish smile.

Now Layla flushed too. Amy wondered if he meant that they had slept together, he seemed like Layla’s type. Maybe that was why Layla was so annoyed by him joining the band, she still wasn’t over him. Amy didn’t ask, since she knew how bothering it was if you tried to get over someone and people kept bringing them up.

“You look pretty today.” Kyle said.

Amy looked up in confusion because Layla didn’t reply.

“Me?” She asked.

“Yes, you.” he smiled.

“You have never seen me before, so how do you know I look exceptionally good today?” she asked sharp.
He started to laugh, but did not answer.

It was nice to meet them all. They scheduled some rehearsals and then they split up again.

“Let’s all go out together Saturday.” Alec proposed.
“Sure.” Amy said.

“I’m not free that night.” Layla said.

“I’ll be there.” Kyle smiled as he gave Amy another look.

At that moment Amy promised herself never to sleep with him, he obviously thought it was a closed case already.