‹ Prequel: Somebody or Nobody?

Exposed

Hurt

There are only so many ways you can be hurt. One can hurt you physically, one can hurt your heart or one can hurt your vanity. These are the three ways in which hurt can come to you. And whenever you feel any of them, you are convinced that one is the worst. Because you forget pain, you forget how it felt, you can only remember with your mind. But relive it, no…and why would you want to?
These thoughts had haunted Alec for years, and he had accepted it, he would never know which pain was the worst, but he had all felt them enough times to know they could be terrifying.
Amy never seemed to be bothered by any of them, he admired that. But maybe a girl that beautiful had enough confidence to never even notice when someone tried to hurt her vanity, and he couldn't imagine a guy could ever break up with such a girl, so her heart was safe. She was adorable, so no one would ever touch her any other way than loving. Amy had all these things Alec never had. People had always found him strange, with his big, sharp eyes. He thought his eyes were to big for his face, and that might be a girl thought, but he still thought it made him look like an alien. Kyle didn't have all that trouble either, no one ever did him anything, except for one time when a boy had punched him in the face for making out with his girlfriend.
Alec looked down on Kyle for these actions, but in a way he also admired him.

Kyle looked at Amy with different eyes. She wasn't impressed by him at all, a thing that rarely happened. Girls usually drooled all over him. She still looked annoyed as she turned her back on him and went to search for Layla. He looked after her, or actually after her perfect shaped butt. Kyle was to vain too let her slip through his fingers, but for now, for tonight, he might just let her run off. He would get her, in time, he was convinced of that.

Amy couldn't find Layla in the crowd. She did see Alec, he was standing at the doorway to the hall. She went over to him.

"Are you alright?" she asked as he looked miserable.

"Yes, I'm fine." he smiled not very convincing.

"Let's get you outside, you look horrible." she said, not leaving him a choice and dragging him along.

The cold air cut through her thin tank top as he stepped outside. But she ignored it, she was to help a…friend?

"Do you have a cigarette for me?" Alec asked almost whispering.

"Of Course!" she said, hastily searching for them.

"Thanks, I owe you." he said lighting it.

She herself also lit one as they looked at the sky.

"It's no good for a lead singer to smoke." he noted.

"I know, but I can't just put them down just yet." she smiled sadly. "An awful habit, really."

"True, but a delightful one." he added.

"Indeed."

He looked a little better, bit still pale and red-eyed.

"Alec, can I ask you something?" Amy hesitated.

"If you must." he said shrug.

"Are you an addict?"

His eyes widened a split-second and then he looked at the floor in between their feet.

"I was, yes. Why are you asking?"

"I noticed similarities with my father." she smiled sadly.

"Was it bad?"

"He had a lot of pain…" she started, but he cut her off.

"For you, I mean…" she whispered.

"I guess not as bad as for him, bit it was tough at times." she chocked on her words.

"What did he use?" Alec asked monotone.

"The worst…" Amy bit her lower lip.

"Well, I am not that bad." he said. "But I can't say it's good either."

"What was it?" .

"Cocaine." he said.

"For how long?"

"I don't know, a year, maybe two. I honestly have no idea." he shrugged.

"Are you clean now?"

"I don't know that either. I just try to keep myself from it, that's why I don't like to talk to very much people in these clubs. You never know what they'll offer you. And if they did, I don't think I could stop myself." he smiled sadly.

"That's hard…I imagine…" she whispered, kissing him slowly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright, I hope people actually read this...