‹ Prequel: Somebody or Nobody?

Exposed

Do you think we…

-2 months later-

Alec looked at Amy's face. She was so peaceful when she was sleeping. Her red hair was tangled and curled, as it usually was when she woke up. This was how he liked her best, without make-up or hair products, just as Amy.

Things with the band had been going smooth lately, the first practice, the sunday after they went out they had called it off though. Layla hadn't been feeling well, Amy and Alec had wanted some time together and Kyle hadn't even bothered to answer the phone. Alec had guessed he was with a girl. He had been proved correct when that girl showed up the next day. Clary…Clary didn't seem quite Kyle's type, but she was pretty anyway. Kyle had always liked pretty things, ever since they were boys. Kyle had always been wealthy, always had nice toys, and when he got bored his parents would by him something new. He saw girl that way, as objects. Something he could posses and use, and when he got bored by it, or it lost it's spark, he'd throw it away.

"Never think of peoples feelings, it makes you vulnerable. You will give up your own desires to please them. Always remember that they never asked you to do so, they only expect you to do it."

That was what Kyle had said as Alec had confronted him with his arrogant behavior. He still hadn't figured out if it was a good excuse. What he said was true, yes. But to break peoples heart because they didn't ask you not to, that wasn't fair, was it?

"Life isn't fair, no one will survive with justice only. So you'll have to learn how to cheat, if you want to accomplish anything."

Kyle's words echoed through Alec's mind as he looked at Amy. Kyle would never give up on Amy, not even now. She was a very shiny toy to him, something he could not get as soon as he smiled. He would dumb Clary anytime for Amy, Alec was convinced of that.

At the same time Layla woke up in a bathtub. Her hair dripping, and to her surprise she was completely naked. A wide eyed girl was staring at her.

"Did you come home with me?" Clary asked, as she tipped her head to the side. She too was soaking wet.

"Appears so." Layla moaned from the pain in her back.

"Did you wake up in the tub too?" Layla asked, referring to Clary's wet hair.

"Yes, and then you were lying there, so I went to get you some clothes. And when I came back, you just woke up."

"Why am I naked?" Layla asked a bit suspicious. "Is Kyle in?"

"No. I didn't find him passed out anywhere in the house at least." Clary shrugged.

"Thank God…" Layla said more to herself than to Clary. Clary ignored it, she had found out Layla wasn't very fond of her boyfriend, and what did she care.

"Do you think we…" Layla gasped.

"…Yes…" Clary said looking at the bathroom tiles. "I suppose so…"