Escape

Stealth

Riley was cold and she could tell the boy was too. That’s all he was thinking about, that and his mother. She was curious as to how he even remembered his mother and what she looked like. When the white coats abducted people they took all their memories of their friends, family, pets, and anything that reminded them that they existed before this. The man was thinking of ways to get them off the island. He was a Battle-type and he thought that she was an Intelligence-type, but he was wrong. She wanted to tell him that, but being underwater prevented her from doing so.

She still heard the scrambled thoughts of the Sols trying to escape. She was rooting for each and every one of them, but some didn’t make it very far. She winced every time one was bombarded with military fire. She felt their pain, but knew it wasn’t hers and knew that it wasn’t real to her. “You have the power to talk back to me,” the man thought, still thinking she was an intelligence-type. She shook her head, but he didn’t see.

“I’ll tell him,” a small voice next to her said. It was the boy. “I’m an Intelligence-type. I can talk to people in their minds while you can only hear them.”

“Okay.”

“Mister, she is a Stealth-type and I’m the Intelligence-type,” the little boy told him. Riley watched as the opened his eyes in the water. She could clearly see the smile that appeared on his face.

“Perfect,” he thought and a chuckle echoed in her head

“What’s so funny?” she thought and the boy echoed her thoughts relaying the message to him.

“I’m laughing because I’m about to be a free man.”

Riley gave him a questioning look. She wasn’t sure what he was talking about. Their situation was far from being free. Surely, he was insane.

“Alright, so here’s the plan. Since you’re a Stealth-type, you’re going to make us all invisible so that we can get the hell off this island.”

“But I can’t do that,” Riley thought and heard her own thoughts echoed from the little boy.

“Yes, you can. Stealths have that power. You just have to know how to tap into it. You’re going to practice underwater until I can’t see you. Then you’re going to try to make us all invisible. Got it?”

“Yeah but-“

“Do you want to get out of here or not?”

Riley nodded and closed her eyes focusing on her body. She wasn’t sure what the sensation would feel like. Maybe it would feel like she did when she separated her molecules to move through objects. “You can do it!” the little boy chanted in her head. He squeezed his eyes shut and hoped with his tiny heart that he would get out of here and see his mother again. It gave her the mental focus to tap into her unknown power.

At first she felt a cooling sensation travel throughout her body. Her body temperature dropped incredibly to the temperature of the water. Then before she knew it her body began to tingle all over.
“You did it!” the two of them echoed in happiness. Riley laughed happily before grabbing onto the boy’s body and focusing on his molecules.

His body was a little harder to work with. She had a hard time getting the cooling sensation to travel all throughout his body. “It’s so cold,” he chattered in his head. Would he be able to take the temperature change?

The man quickly grabbed onto her shoulder. Riley was now focusing not only on her body, but on theirs as well. “We’re running out of time. Focus!”

Riley clenched her eyes shut and tried to spread the sensation to them. It was so difficult since their bodies fought to keep them warm. Her cells were altered to blend in with her surroundings unlike theirs. “How long could she keep their bodies at this temperature before they give out?”

“If I die, hell, well at least I’ll die trying,” he thought grimly.

She was finally able to make them all invisible. She just had to keep her hands and focus on them. “Now what?”

The man pushed them to the surface and no one paid them any attention. It was total chaos above the water. Explosions were going off all around them. Helicopters were flying overhead. It was a war zone.

“Just my kind of thing,” the man said and smiled. He pulled them along with them over to a military ship.

“What are you doing?” Riley yelled as soldiers ran past them to attack the experiments.

“Getting us out of here,” he answered and continued to drag them onto the ship. She remembered that no one could see them. Not even with their heat detectors on. How did they get past that?

“The cooling sensation, it makes our bodies temperatures blend in with the surroundings. We are truly invisible,” the boy answered. She wasn’t sure how he knew that, but he was an Intelligence-type. He was bound to know a lot more than any of them combined.

“Where are we going? How are we going to hide on a ship full of fucking soldiers!” Riley stated. He was insane. That was the only explanation. All these experiments have made him insane and suicidal.

“There’s a cellar at the bottom of the ship that is rarely used,” the boy answered for him. The man dragged them past the soldiers, past the rooms, and down into the cellar.

“We should be safe, for now anyways,” he replied letting go of Riley and becoming visible again. He leaned up against the wall of the ship and sank down to the floor where he could sit comfortably. “Thanks for the help…uhh…”

“Riley,” she answered and put the boy down. He became visible along with her.

“My name is Takeshi. Is this your son?” he asked nodding towards the boy who clung to her side.

“No, my name is Logan,” he answered and gripped her hand tightly. She wasn’t sure why he was so attached to her, but she could get used to it. It felt familiar to her, almost as if she once had a younger brother that did the same thing. She couldn’t remember though, and trying to force herself to remember was somewhat painful.

“It looks like we’ll be here for a while,” he replied still hearing explosions from up above. “Why don’t you take a seat and we’ll share what we know?”

“I don’t know much,” Riley answered taking a seat on a crate next to him. Logan followed suit and sat down on the floor right between her legs. He hugged one close to him and closed his eyes.

“I guess you have a lot to learn then.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading. Please feel free to comment and tell me what you think.
Recommend or subscribe :)