Status: I hope you will like my story. :)

Within Two Minutes

Embarrassing moment

I’m Pierre and I go to Rosemount High School in Montreal. I’m 17. My favorite hobby is basketball. I’m a skipper in our basketball team. I’m kind boy or I just try to be. I don't devote much time for school. I'm either at basketball training or just outdoors with my friends so I don’t have time for school. So I’m always back detention and marks at school aren't the best, too. You know, I’ve got a secret that I’ve never told to anyone only to my best friend. I’m gay.

It’s 7:35 on Monday morning and I’m waiting at my locker for my best friend – Jack. A lot of girls are staring at me, so I’m trying to smile to every of them. But only one boy I can smile at is passing me right now – David. He’s so comely. His smile takes me to other place just somewhere else. I can say we’re friends though we only greet each other. But even only his ‘HI’ makes me crazy.

“Hello, nincompoop!” Jack screamed and we fisted each other for greet. “Hi, half-wit!” (Our typical greeting) “Look at his bum!” I said and pointed at David’s perfect bum. “Oh boy! You’re unteachable.” Jack answered with his typical tone of voice. “It pisses me off. He doesn’t know I exist.” “You start again? Hey speed up! Do you have homework from Math?” “Oh, shit! I forgot it.” Damn it, again. I'll be back detention. So we went to our classroom and I still looked over my shoulder back at his beauteous little body.

When we came in the classroom, all the ladies stared at us openmouthed. Jack always feels as a king when he is cynosure, but I don’t feel like that. I broke through the crowd quickly and sat at our desk. I have around me crazy girls but I also have a few enemies. For example, Rudolph LeRoy and his crew. Everybody avoid them. They are these ones who strike everybody.

********

The final bell rang and we thronged through the full hallway. After about five minutes the corridor emptied and I finally could take a breath. “I could eat a horse, Jack. Why don’t we go to snack bar?” I asked as we opened our lockers. “Let’s go! It’s true I have the munchies, too.”

As we entered I saw small boy leaning on a counter. I looked only at that bum and realized it’s him. My dream boy. I started going crazy. “Jack, Jack…David is right there.” I was nervous, I pulled Jack’s sleeve. “Calm down, buddy. So, go to him! He’s there alone. You have the chance to exploit it!” Jack said, patting my back. “You think it’s a good idea?” I hesitated. “Do it! I keep my fingers crossed!” He said and pushed me forward.

I was afraid. I panted and went to him. I was afraid to speak to him. I approached to him slowly and in a bad temper. I touched his shoulder: “Hi, David. Am I disturbing you?” I said shakily. “Hi, of course not.” He said with his beautiful, nice voice and smiled. I was fascinated. After glancing at his sweet smile I gave a look into his charming, hazel eyes. I was lost. Finally, I stuttered a few words: “Ho-ow are y-ou tod-day?” I started conversation the most embarrassingly as I could. “Not bad. What about you? I never thought you would talk to me. I am at a lower level than you.” “What do you mean?” “I’m not so popular as you.” He grinned. “It doesn’t mean I wouldn’t talk to you.” We exchanged smiles before it began awkward silence. “I always wanted to say a few words with you. You look really nice.” I blushed. My hereditarily big cheeks got red. “It’s nice of you…don’t you wanna drink?” David said as he handed me a glass of orange juice. I hesitated before I nodded and took it. “Yeah, thank you.” I was really thirsty so I drank it up uncontrollably. Then I put the empty glass on the counter. He looked confused and his eyes widened. I didn’t know why but then I realized. I felt like a jerk. “Oh…I’m sorry. I’m gonna buy a new drink…” He grinned. “Let it be. There’s no need to apologize.”

After this embarrassing moment we talked to each other and I heard a lot of facts about him – slowly but surely. I fell in deeper love than before. I watched the graceful movements of the lips at his every word. After an hour interview we said goodbye. When I lost the sight of him I talked to myself: “You stupid loggerhead! Why did this happen?!” I cursed myself for my stupidity but deep inside I had a beautiful feeling. I finally talked to him. Cool.