Status: rewriting this because I've got a better idea

The Devil Within.

And believe that all the angels are coming

After God knows how many hours more of driving, we finally crossed over the California/Nevada state lines. In a couple hours, we’ll be “home”. They say home is where the heart is, well my heart is still in upstate New York.

It’s early in the morning and we’re sitting outside of a truck stop stretching our limbs and switching drivers. My mother drove all night so now it’s my turn. My father is already way ahead of us, probably already at the house by now. I wish I went with him instead of staying behind with my mother. Her constant nagging is really irritating.

While my mother and Tessa get something from the McDonald’s in the truck stop, I grab a Rockstar from the vending machine before heading back to the car. Once there, I start it up and instantly turn off the One Direction bullshit my sister likes to listen to. One Direction is quickly replaced with Volbeat just Tessa and my mom get back to the car, both carrying bags of food.

“I don’t understand why you listen to this crap,” my mother says as soon as she gets in the car, “this music is a bad influence on Tessa.”

“You should give your daughter credit, music isn’t going to influence her in any way.” I state, “she’s stronger than that. Besides Volbeat isn’t that bad, I listen to worse.”

“I highly doubt that.” She mutters, causing a smirk to dance on my lips. Without a second thought, I change the song to Violent Pornography by System of a Down. The look on her face is priceless when they start singing.

“Volbeat is looking very innocent now, don’t they?” I chuckle as I put the car in drive and begin the journey once more. My mother just rolls her eyes once she realizes, I’m not going to change the song despite how uncomfortable she is. I look in the rearview mirror and see Tessa bobbing her head to the music, not caring about what Serj is saying. A smile creeps onto my lips and I return my attention to the road ahead of me…

**

“Home sweet home.” I mutter as I pull up to the address my father programmed into my GPS.

“Don’t sound so sour,” my mother says as she unbuckles, “we’re finally home.”

“Goodie.” I mutter once more as I unbuckle and get out of the car; turning off the car and taking the keys.

The house is cute. White shutters that make the grey paint seem brighter. The porch is worn looking and looks like it could use another coat of stain. The white picket fence is a cute touch, making it feel like a house right out of a sitcom. It’s suppose to feel like home, but doesn’t.

As I’m looking around the neighborhood, I notice two boys looking at me from across the street. They look to be around my age. Both of them are looking at me as if my family is crazy for moving here. Just as I feel my body move forward, my sister’s voice stops me,

“DADDY!” She exclaims, causing me to turn around. Behind me is my dad and Uncle Judas. Uncle Judas is holding my German Shepherd Husky mix puppy, Alpha. I smile appears on my lips as I walk over to them, giving Uncle Judas a quick hug before taking Alpha from him.

“It feels more like home now,” I coo at Alpha as I scratch behind his ear. I turn around and see that the two boys are still looking at us, having a silent conversation.

“Hey, let’s get inside,” my uncle says, causing me to stop looking at the boys and start paying attention to him. “It looks like you need a nice strong cup of coffee before you start unpacking.”

“You have no idea.” I say with a weak smile playing on my lips as we walk into our new home…

**

Stiles

“Who in their right mind would move here?” I ask Scott as we hop into my Jeep.

“Maybe they don’t know about the killings?” He shrugs as I start the car up.

“Scott, I’m sure if you’re father is here; the nation knows about the killings.” I counter.

“You’re probably right,” he shrugs, “but hey she seems cool.”

“Yea she does.” I mutter as I pack out of my driveway and start towards school. It’s hard to believe the Darach and the Alphas are behind us. But oddly enough, nothing seems like it’s going back to normal. No, it seems to be only getting worse….
♠ ♠ ♠
comment&subscribe?

and is anyone else having issues with the site today? Because honestly it's like playing Russian Roulette with this story because will all the errors I've been getting it, it'll be a miracle that this goes through.