Status: rewriting this because I've got a better idea

The Devil Within.

Follow me home, to where the lonely ones roam

Arian

“Are you having fun?” Stiles calls back to me as we continue to walk the hiking trail we were on.

“I would be if I wasn’t in heeled boots!” I yell back, “seriously you could have told me we were going hiking today. That would have been the bro thing to do. Or could have at least told me to change my boots.”

“I didn’t think we would be hiking either,” he chuckles, “it’s kinda spontaneous.”

“Spontaneous moments are fun when you’re actually wearing sensible shoes,” I laugh as I finally catch up to him.

“On the topic of your shoes, why do they say Bad Wolf?” He questions me as we come up to a clearing.

“You don’t watch Doctor Who, do you?” I ask, earning a shake of the head from Stiles. “It’s a SciFi show and Bad Wolf is a running theme of the show at least for a couple seasons.”

“You don’t seem to be the type to watch nerdy stuff.” He notes.

“Stiles, yesterday I wore a Slytherin tank top,” I laugh, “my room in New York was covered in fandom. I had elements of Doctor Who, Supernatural and more comic book than a girl should own; I’m a nerd.”

“You must be the first girl I met that’ll openly admit she’s a nerd.”

“I don’t see shame in it,” I shrug, “you shouldn’t be ashamed to freak out over TV shows, it’s better than going out and doing various drugs and getting knocked up.” Stiles doesn’t say anything but looks at me and smiles before grabbing the blanket he’s been carrying around.

He lays out and the blanket and both of us sit there. Talking, getting to know each other and ever so often I’ll snap a picture of the surrounding wildlife. It was nice.

“So is there a reason why you’re being this nice?” I ask out of the blue. “Most people don’t go out of their way to make the new girl feel welcomed.”

“Seems like you got dealt the new girl card one too many times,” Stiles notes earning a nod from me. “That must be lonely.”

“You have no idea.” I sigh, “But thanks for making me feel welcomed. This place doesn’t seem too bad now.”

“You say that now, but give it a couple weeks; you’ll be saying something completely different.”

I can’t help but to smile when I look at Stiles, “I highly doubt that.”

**

“So did you have fun today?” My dad asks as he begins to cook dinner.

“Yea I did.” I smile, hopping up onto the island. “Stiles is pretty cool. I could be normal around him. I don’t have to fear that my insane fangirl side gets out. He’s almost as bad as I am on some things.”

“Well I’m glad you found someone you can share a bond with.” My dad smiles, “it’s good to see you happy.”

“I was dreading moving here,” I admit to him, “I thought this would be like New York all over again; with having no friends. But I honestly think I’ll have a friend in Stiles.”

“Do you have any plans tomorrow?” He asks.

“Probably just going to sit at home and watch cartoons with Tessa.” I reply, “why?”

“Judas and I are going to go out and look for the tree, I need you to stay here with Tessa because your mother is going to be coming with us.”

“You know she’s only going with you guys because she wants to look for that wolf that killed her family.” I point out. “She doesn’t care about some magic tree.”

“I know,” he sighs, “but we still need you to stay here and watch your sister.”

“No worries, I’ll be happy to do it.” I assure him, “beside I need some sister time with her before we start school..”

He just smiles as he continues to cook dinner in a comfortable silence.

**

I’m unpacking some more of my clothing when my phone’s ringtone fills the room. I climb up onto my bed and pick up the phone; seeing Stiles’ name flashing on the caller ID. A smile appears on my lips as I answer the call,

“Hey Stiles” I greet.

“Hey Arian, what’s up?”

“Just unpacking some more clothing,” I reply, “you?”

“I was wondering if you were doing anything tomorrow?” He asks, nervousness drips from his words.

“I’ve got to watch my baby sister tomorrow for a few hours, why?”

“I was wondering if we could hang out some more, I had fun today.” He replies. “I’ve been really looking into that Doctor Who show. I think I might actually watch it.

“You could always come over and watch it with me,” I offer, “but you’d have to deal with my little sister who is as obsessed with that show as I am.”

“I’d like that,” he states, “I’ll be over, say around ten?”

“It’s a date…”
♠ ♠ ♠
Arian

figured I'd put in all the cute stuff first before everything goes to hell.

comment&subscribe?