Status: Completed .... just uploading slowly

Your Touch

Chapter 12 (Sabrina's P.O.V.)

Chapter 12 (Sabrina’s P.O.V)

This was unbelievable. I couldn’t believe that I was hanging out with the one and only One Direction. And it didn’t stop there, I was in a recording studio with them and my two best friends as they recorded for their special edition Take Me Home album. This was just freaking awesome.

“Okay,” Liam said from behind the glass. “Are we ready for the first run?”

Harry and Niall nodded to him from behind the soundboard. We all watched as Harry pressed the play button and the room was filled with music. It took only moments before Liam began singing.

“Am I asleep? Am I awake? Or somewhere in between? I can’t that you are here and lying next to me. Or did I dream that we were perfecting entwined? Like branches on a tree, or twigs caught on a vine.”

I watched as Niall began to lip his part, before the chorus began and everyone lipped it even though it was Harry’s part, “Truly, madly, deeply, I am foolishly, completely fallen. And somehow you caved all my walls in, so baby say you’ll always keep me. Truly, madly, crazy, deeply in love, with you. In love with you.”

“Should I put coffee and granola on a tray in bed? And wake you up to all the words that I still haven’t said? And tender touches just to show you how I feel. Or should I act so cool, like it was no big deal?”

Harry began to lip his part, before all the boys whispered the chorus together. “Truly, madly, deeply, I am foolishly, completely fallen. And somehow you caved all my walls in, so baby say you’ll always keep me. Truly, madly, crazy, deeply in love, with you.”

I had to hold back the urge to laugh as Louis lipped his part quite dramatically. His act seemed to rub off on to the others as they all began to do crazy motions as they lip sang together.

The music stopped and that was when the laughter began, “You guys are idiots.” I watched Liam shaking his head as I removed the headphones from his head and headed for the door. We all still laughing as he enter the room, still shaking his head.

“Okay,” Harry managed between breaths, “You’re up Nialler.”

We all did little cheers as Niall stood up. He bowed and waved to us, “Thank you, thank you.” before disappearing behind the door. Moments later, he was in the same spot as Liam and the room was filled with one of my favorite songs.

“Are you enjoying yourself?” a voice asked from my left. I looked to the seat beside me to see Zayn looking at me.

“Yeah.” I said with a huge smile on my face.

He chuckled, “I figured with how smiley you were.”

I felt my cheeks redden a bit, “How could I not be? This is amazing.”

“Don’t you mean amaZayn?” he asked as he pulled at his shirt and let it go. I giggled at him. That was one of the stupidest things I ever thought I would hear any of the boys say.

“Alright,” I said, “its amaZayn.”

“Yay.” Zayn said in a kiddy voice before we both started laughing.

I looked over and saw Hannah looking at me with an eyebrow raised. She was sitting next to Liam, who was currently talking to Tracey. I shook my head at her. I could see her sigh as she turned back to the conversation with Liam and Tracey.

“Alright, Bad Boi,” Louis said as he came over and threw an arm around his shoulders, “It’s your go.”

I was little disappointed that mine and Zayn’s conversation had been cut short, but on the bright side I got to hear him sing. I was really happy. I would never tell the other boys this, but I think I liked Zayn’s voice the most. I listened with a smile as he sing his part,

“Wish I could freeze this moment in a frame and stay like this. I’d put this day back on repeat and keep reliving it. Cause here’s the tragic truth, if you don’t feel the same, my heart would fall apart if someone said your name.”

I smiled as he started into the second chorus. In no time, his ballad was over and he was walking back into the room.

“You’re up Tommo.” He said as we walked over and clapped a hand on Louis’s back. Louis stood up and gave Zayn a wink before heading for the door. I acted as if I didn’t see it as Zayn took back his seat beside me.

“How did it sound?” he asked. I looked over at him. Should I be mean or not?

“It sounded awful.” I started, “I don’t even know why they have you in the band.” I was thanking my acting skills right now. If it weren’t for them, I would have already lost it by now.

“Are you serious?” Zayn seemed truly hurt by my words. I felt horrible. I remembered how Zayn had gone to the X-Factor just see if anyone thought he was any good at singing and here I am telling him he couldn’t.

“Hey, I’m just kidding.” I said, leaning over and bumping my shoulder into his, “It sounded great.”

He looked at me with curious eyes, “I couldn’t tell you were joking.”

I chuckled, “That is because my dear sir, I am an actress.” I struck a goofy pose and we both laughed. I was having so much fun just sitting here, talking and laughing with Zayn. I couldn’t believe my luck. That was when he asked the question that I hadn’t been expecting.

“Hey, do you care if I have your number?”

I stared at him for a minute. I knew my mouth was hanging open, and that I must look like an idiot. “Are you serious?”

“Yeah,” he said, “it’s good to talk to someone other than the guys and I have fun talking with you.” He gave me a soft smile.

It took a lot of will power for me not to start jumping up and down and squealing again. I couldn’t believe Zayn Malik was asking me for my number.

“Sure.” I answered with a smile on my face as I held my hand out. He placed his phone in it, before I turned his screen on. I was greeted by a picture of him and Perrie Edwards from Little Mix. I felt my heart drop a little bit. I had forgotten that Zayn had a girlfriend, and now I felt kind of bad about the whole number and us talking thing. But I had said I would, and I don’t go back on my word.

“There you go.” I said as I handed him back his phone.

“Now,” he said holding up his pinky finger, “one promise.”

I laced my pinky with his, wanting to scream from the contact, “And that is?”

“No passing out my number to anyone beyond this room.”

I could tell he was being serious, and I couldn’t blame him. His number being passed out among their fans had to be his worst nightmare. I know it would be mine.

“I promise.” I said as I pulled down a little on our pinkies.

He smiled, “Good.” before removing his pinky and sitting back. He watched as Harry began to leave and head back. I hadn’t even realized that Louis and he had switched places.

“Now for the moment of truth.” Harry said as he walked back to his seat in front of the soundboard and put some headphones on his head.

“What’s he doing?” Tracey asked as Harry began to press buttons on a computer that was connected to everything.

“He’s putting all the pieces together to see if today’s recording is better than yesterday’s.” Louis said as he looked up at her from his place on the floor beside her chair.

“Oh.” Tracey said, nodding her head at him.

We all waited, watching Harry as he working away. I noticed how different Harry was when he was deep in work. It was like he became a different person all together. There were no silly faces or flirty remarks.

A smile broke across his face as he removed the headphones. “It’s done.”

“And?” Niall asked, pushing his wheelie chair over beside the curly haired boy.

“And…,” Harry drug it out, “it sounds great.”

“Let’s hear it.” Louis demanded as he slapped Harry on the shin.

I sat eagerly as Harry reached up and pressed the spacebar on the keyboard. The room was silent. We all stared him. He looked over and unplugged the headphones, turning back to us with an innocent but cheesy grin on his face. “Sorry.”

And with that, he started the track over. The room was filled with music and soon the voices of the boys. I smiled like a maniac as I listened. I didn’t take long before the boys began to sing. I looked over seeing Hannah and Tracey smiling too. Zayn elbowed me and I looked over at him. He moved his head to the side and I gave him a funny look.

“What?” I asked quietly.

“Sing,” he said.

I turned back to the other girls. They had heard him, and were looking from each other to me. After a moment, we all nodded as we joined the boys in the final chorus. Everyone was smiling and goofing around. Louis even walked over and pulled me to my feet. I began to act silly with him, making faces at everyone as I sang. Zayn smiled and shook his head at me. I just smiled. This day couldn’t have been better.