Status: Completed .... just uploading slowly

Your Touch

Chapter 17 (Hannah's P.O.V.)

Chapter 17 (Hannah’s P.O.V.)

I groaned as I listened to my phone vibrated on my nightstand. I forced my eyes open to peek at my alarm clock. It wasn’t even ten yet. How the hell was calling me this early in the morning? I rolled over and grabbed my phone, putting it to my ear.

“Hello?” I was answered by my phone vibrating again. I groaned as I pulled it from my ear and unlocked my screen.

“Hello?”

“Hello? Ms. Brooks?”

“Speaking.” I sighed as I sat up, rubbing my face. “How can I help you?”

“Ms. Brooks, my name is Erica Chandlers. I am a recruiting officer.”

I was wide awake now. I was on the phone with a recruiting officer who had called me.

“Yes?” I responded, trying not to let my voice crack under the pressure that I was feeling.

“I was at your show last night, and my associates and I would like to know if you and Ms. Grace would be interested in places in our next project.”

I think my heart may have just stopped. This agent wasn’t only calling for me, but she was calling for Sabrina too. I knew that Sabrina would be ecstatic, but I needed to ask her to make sure.

“I know that I am interested, but I need to talk with Ms. Grace to get an answer from her. If you don’t mind, I could text her now and ask her.”

“That would be great.”

I was typing away as soon as she answered me. I wanted impatiently for her answer. I didn’t want to make this lady wait for very long.

‘Please be awake.’ I begged her in my mind. Then my phone went off.

R u kidding me?! Yes! :D

I smiled as I put my phone back up to my face, “Are you still there?”

“Yes.”

I was so happy, I could hardly contain myself. “She said yes as well.”

“Alright then,” I heard the woman’s voice pick up a little, “I have a few more calls to make and a meeting to attend, but I will be back with you girls by the end of the day about whether you will have the part or not.”

I was lost. That was really fast. “Do you we need to audition or anything?”

“Oh!” she exclaimed, “Yes, I need to you to go for an audition this afternoon. I have the address right here.”

I quickly grabbed a pen and paper off my night stand as I copied down the address.

“And you are both scheduled for two and two-thirty. Don’t be late.”

“We won’t.” I smiled, “Thank you.”

“Have a nice day.”

“You too.” I said before we ended our call. I sat in my bed for a moment, absorbing everything that had just happened. Then I lost it. I sprung from my bed and began to jump all around my room. I was too happy for words.

“I need to call Sabrina!” I realized. I jumped on to my bed, grabbing my phone and dialing her number.

“Hey!” she practically squealed when she answered the call.

“Hey!” I answered back with equal excitement.

“Were you being serious?”

“Yes!” I smiled, “And we have auditions at two.”

“I’m getting up right now.” I could hear her covers moving in the background, “I’ll be over in half an hour.”

“Okay.” I said, “See you then.”

“See you!” she almost squealed again as we hung up. I ran to get ready for the biggest day of my life.

Sabrina and I were sitting in my living room, impatiently waiting for the call that could be the start of our movie careers.

“I want to know.” she whined. I couldn’t blame her, I felt the same way.

We both thought we did well with our auditions, but we were sure what movie we had been trying out for. The scripts were just samples that had no really connection, which was stated on the entry forms we had to fill out.

“They should be calling soon.” I said, gazing up at the clock. It was nearly eight.

We both jumped as a knock sounded at my door. I ran over, opening it. Tracey was standing there, a huge smile on her face. She had just gotten off of work.

“You have got to be shitting me.” she said as she walked in and took a seat on the couch.

I sat down beside her, “No, I’m not.”

“Have you told the guys yet?” she asked.

I looked over to Sabrina. She shook her head no. I looked back to Tracey, “I think we should wait anyway. I don’t want to get any hopes up.”

Tracey nodded her head. She understood where I was coming from. If we started celebrating now, it would hurt only more if we didn’t get the spots.

“Well, what have you guys been doing?”

Bri answered her, “Sitting here, waiting on the callback.”

“For how long?” she turned to me.

I looked up at the clock for a moment, thinking. “About two hours.”

“Oh good god.” She exclaimed, “We need to do something now.”

And with that, Tracey was on her feet. I watched her walk over to my entryway closet. Within moments, she was walking back with two board games in her hands.

“Monopoly or Clue?”

“Clue!” Sabrina and I answered together. Tracey smiled as she sat down on the floor and opened the box.

Clue was our game. We always managed to play it, sometimes for hours. It was the perfect thing for us to play right now.

“Alright,” I asked, “is Professor Plum in the Conservatory with the Lead Pipe?”

I turned to Sabrina, who shook her head no. I turn to Tracey, who was scanning through her cards.

“I don’t have it.”

All of our eyes lit up. I had just listed the answer, and it was Sabrina’s turn next. I sighed. This always happened to me. I would figure out what was in the cellar and the next player would get the win. I sighed. That was when I felt my pocket vibrate. I dropped my cards, not caring where they went as I sprung to my feet and whipped out my phone.

“Hello?”

“Yes? Ms. Brooks?”

“Yes?” I asked eagerly.

“Is Ms. Grace with you?”

“Yes.” I replied, “She is sitting next to me.” I looked down to the others. They were looking up at me, each holding the others hands. Sabrina had her eyes closed as Tracey bit her lower lip. I pulled my phone away and put it on speaker phone.

“Well, allow me the honor of telling you that the two of you shall be the lead roles in our new project.”

Sabrina and Tracey started celebrating. It took everything I had not to throw my phone in the air and start dancing.

“What is this new project?”

“The motion picture production of Richelle Mead’s Vampire Academy.”

Sabrina and Tracey stopped, looking straight at me. Each one of us had our mouths hanging open.

“You shall be playing the part of Rosemarie Hathaway and Ms. Grace shall be Vasilisa Dragomir.”

I couldn’t believe it.