Status: Completed .... just uploading slowly

Your Touch

Chapter 9 (Liam's P.O.V.)

Chapter 9 (Liam’s P.O.V.)

I was overjoyed when she answered me with a yes. I had this huge smile on my face that I know all the guys saw. I didn’t care though. They could pick on me all they wanted. It would be worth it. We were in the van on the way back to our place now. I was just gazing out the window, trying to think of where I was going to meet her at. I didn’t want to have to hide, but I didn’t want to expose her to the paparazzi either. Just as I began to narrow down my options, my phone went off again. I unlocked it.
Harry had popped up on my screen. I clicked to view the text. Something seems 2 b working out
I peered in my phone, seeing his reflection behind me. He was staring out of his window.
Yeah. She said she would hang with me today
I waited for his reply, which came shortly after I had sent mine, That’s great, mate!
My smile erupted again, Thanks, man.
But before I could send the message, another one popped up from Harry. O and let it slip 2 Zayn last nite, but he cool. Wants 2 help 2
I sent my first message and added another one, That’s cool, just dont slip it to pap ok?
Dont worry bout that. Not happening.
I smiled again as I turned off my screen. I needed to get back to figuring out where I was going to meet her at. I could meet her in the mall, but there was too much of a chance that we would get caught, or rather I would get found out. We could go out to some restaurant and hide in the back, but that would seem too much like a date and I didn’t want to push my luck. I couldn’t make up my mind, so I decided on the best policy.
Hey where u want to hang at? I sent to her. It would better just to ask her where she wanted to hang out.
I don’t care. She replied. That wasn’t exactly the answer I was hoping for. I needed to figure out what we were going to do today.
Well what do u feel like doing? I hoped that this would get me a better answer than my first question had.
I feel like walking around, y?
I quickly answered, I was deciding where to meet at.
Oh
I smiled as I typed my next message. Her answer had given me just the information that I had wanted. How bout the park?
I stared at my phone intensely as I eagerly awaited her answer.
That sounds great :)
I felt my smile grow larger, if that was even possible.
Ok, meet y there in half an hour?
Sure :)
It was really taking a lot for me not to exclaim yes out loud. I was so ecstatic that I was getting to hang with her and that she seemed happy about it.
See u then :)
Ok :)
I turned off my screen. I couldn’t wait until I got to the park. I waited in my seat impatiently as we were drove back. I nearly sprung from the van as soon as we pulled in the drive. In moments, I was in the house and headed to my room. I popped into the bathroom and looked myself over in the mirror. I wanted to be presentable when I met up with her.
“Man, it is like you said.” I heard a voice come from my room, “He does have it bad.”
I looked over, seeing Zayn and Harry standing in my room. They were looking at me and smiling. I turned back away from them, “What are those looks for?”
“I wonder.” Harry said sarcastically as he plopped down on the side of my bed. I could tell from his tone that he was still smiling.
“Yeah.” Zayn said as he took a seat next to Harry. “You’re only going out with the girl that you have completely fallen for.”
“We aren’t really going out.” I said as I turned the light off and entered my room.
Zayn blew air through his lips, “Yeah, right. You are meeting up with her to hang out. It is as good as a date.”
I rolled my eyes, “Whatever.”
“Just have fun, okay?” Harry said as he leaned back on my bed.
“I will.” I said as I walked out of my room.
“Just not too much fun!” I heard Zayn’s voice call from my room. I made a mental note as I walked out the front door. He was so dead when I got home.

I checked my phone as I sat on the park bench, waiting on her to show up. I pushed my hand down on my leg as it bobbed up and down. I was so jittery. I couldn’t wait.
I’m almost there
The message made my heart skip a beat as I smiled like a mad man. Ok :) can’t wait
I scanned the park, trying to find her. Then, there she was. I stood to my feet and walked toward her. There was no mistaking that beautiful long brown hair of hers.
“Hannah.” I said as I walked up to her. She smiled at me as she saw me.
“Hey,” she greeted me as I turned to walk in the same direction as her.
“Hey.” I replied back. We both continued walking for a minute. She broke the silence,
“So how did recording go this morning?”
“Good.” I nodded as I replied. I almost said better than yesterday, but I couldn’t. If I did, I would have to explain why and I really wasn’t ready for her to know how I felt about her yet.
“How was your morning with your friends?”
I watched her face change as she began to talk, “Up and down. They woke me up freakishly early after I was up till later than we talked last night, but we had fun this morning even though I didn’t find anything.”
“How late were you up?”
“At least another hour.” I replied, looking up at me. “And they got me up at seven.”
“That sucks.” I chuckled a little.
She chucked too, “No kidding.”
I looked down at her. I’m 5’10” and she was a few inches shorter than I was. I smiled as I saw her watching some little kids on the playground. She waved to a little kid with a smile on her face. The kid began to smile too, waving back in happiness.
I smiled, “You’re good with kids, aren’t you?”
She looked up at me a little startled, before a shy smile appeared on her face, “Yeah. They seem to be attracted to me.”
“Cool,” I replied. ‘That’s not the only thing that you must attract.’ I thought as I looked at her again. She looked great. Her black skinny jeans hugged her just right as her gray ‘Rock Star’ shirt gave off some personality. Her long brown hair flowed softly behind her as we walked.
“Yeah, it does have its downsides though.”
“Like?” I questioned her.
She looked up at me, “I got stuck baby-sitting a lot back home.”
“Oh,” I said, “I can see how that would be a downside.”
“Yeah.” She sighed, “And I’m too nice of a person to tell someone no when they need me.”
I nodded my head in response. Then my eyes landed on something in front of us. It was an ice cream cart. I patted my pocket to make sure I had my wallet.
“Do you want some ice cream?” I asked.
She held up a bag on her arm, “Maybe after I finish my food.” She had a smile on her face as I looked at the bag. It was from Subway.
“Have you eaten yet?” she asked. As she asked, my stomach growled in response. I felt my cheeks redden as she laughed. “I’ll take that as a no. Come on.” She led me over to a picnic table that wasn’t that far away from the path. She took a seat and I sat down across from her.
“Is there anything that you don’t like on subs?”
I shook my head no. I watched as she took the sandwich from the bag and handed me a half. I felt bad taking her lunch.
“It’s okay.” I said, “You don’t have to share it with me.”
“No,” she pushed the half of the sandwich toward me. “Eat it.”
I smiled and nodded to her before picking it up and taking a bite. I closed my eyes as I tasted it. That may be the best Subway sub I have ever eaten. I heard a laugh, causing me to open my eyes. She was smiling at me from across the table.
“What?” I asked once I had emptied my mouth.
“There hasn’t been a person yet who hasn’t liked that sub.” She was smiling in triumph. I could tell she was proud of her creation. This made me happy, I loved to see her smile.
“While who wouldn’t like this?” I asked, “It’s like taking a bite out of heaven.”
This made her smile more as she began to eat her sub. We made small talk as we ate. I learned that her friends’ names were Tracey and Sabrina. From how she described them, I was kind of looking forward to meeting them if I could. I told her about life with the boys, and some of the stupid things they did. One thing I told her was about the time that Harry got nailed with a shoe while we were on stage. She knew about it, but she still laughed as I told the story to her through my point of view. I even told her about some of Harry’s commentary once we were all off stage. I watched as she laughed into her hand as I told the story.
“That is great.” She managed to say between breaths.
“So?” I started, “Come on. There has to be some good story about you and the girls.”
I watched as she seemed to be in thought. Then I saw her face light up. “There was this time that Tracey thought she saw someone we knew, but it turn out it wasn’t.”
“That must have been embarrassing.”
“But the worst part of it was,” Hannah continued, “that it was someone famous.”
If I had a drink in my mouth, it would have been sprayed everywhere. “That is horrible.”
“Yeah, as soon as they turned around and she realized who it was, she turned and high-tailed it back to me.”
“Who was it that she stopped?”
“Josh Hutcherson.”
“Ooo.” I exaggerated.
“Wait, I’m not done yet.” She held her hand up to stop me, “When she ran back to me, he followed her to see if she was okay, but she was too petrified to speak. She just stood behind me, trying to hide as he tried to talk to her.”
I could somewhat see this in my head. I didn’t think that I was picturing Tracey right in my head, but it was still entertaining nonetheless.
“Yeah, she refused to talk to anyone for days.”
“I can see why.” I nodded my head.
“Yeah.” She sighed.
I could feel that our conversation was dying. I decided we needed to do something.
“You still up for ice cream?” I asked as I stood my feet offering her my hand, “My treat.”
“Sure,” she smiled as she took my hand. As soon as our hands touched, I felt that jolt again. I think she did to because I felt her hand tense up. Once I had pulled her to her feet, she let go of my hand and turned for the ice cream cart. I followed behind her in silence.
“What can I do you for?” the man behind the cart asked. Okay, it was more like a truck only it was attached to bike.
“I’ll have a chocolate cone, please.” The guy moved around and got my ice cream before coming back. He handed me my cone as he turned to Hannah, “And for you miss?”
“I’ll a chocolate in a cup, please.”
He brought her back her ice cream and I paid for it. “Have a nice day.”
We both smiled as we walked away. It was quiet as we walked along, watching the people in the park.
“Thank you for the ice cream.” Hannah said as she fanned her mouth.
I chuckled, “Is it cold?”
She looked at me, “What gave you that idea?”
I smirked back, “I don’t know.” As I spoke to her, I noticed that her shoe was untied.
“Hey Hannah.” I spoke as I pointed down at her shoe.
“Yeah?” she asked before noticing that I was pointing at her shoe. After a moment, she noticed. “Oh thanks.” She leaned down and reached up, “Will you hold this for a minute?”
“Yeah.” I said as I took her ice cream from her. That was when I noticed what was in her cup. I glared at the ice cream, seeing my arch-nemesis leaning against the side of the cup, a spoon. I ground my teeth together, looking back to Hannah. I really wished she would hurry up.
“Thank you.” She said as she took the cup away from me. I let out a breath I hadn’t known I was holding.
“No problem.”
“Liam?” Hannah looked at me worried, “Are you okay?”
I looked at the ground. I felt really awkward. I didn’t want to admit to her that I was scared of spoons.
“I have…a phobia of spoons.” I mumbled.
Her eyes widen before she started rambling, “Oh, I am so sorry, Liam. I forgot all about that. I wasn’t thinking when I asked you to hold my ice cream.”
I held my hand up, “Don’t worry about it.” I scratched the back of my neck as I licked my ice cream. A soft buzzing filled the air. I looked over to Hannah, seeing her pulling her phone out of her pocket.
“Hello?” she spoke into her phone, “Okay. I’ll be there in ten minutes.”
That kind of killed our mood, whatever it was.
“I’m sorry, Liam. I have to go pick up the girls from the mall.” Hannah said as she stopped walking and turned to me. I turned back and nodded at her.
“It’s okay. I understand.”
She smiled, “Alright. Thanks for the ice cream.” And with that she began to walk away.
“No problem. Anytime.” I called after her. My face fell as I watched her walk away. I didn’t want her to leave. I just sighed as I turned the other way. I guess I would just have to head back to the apartment.