Status: This is a gay novel.

Demon Stones

Info

While they were out with the horses, Jarin took the opportunity to learn more about Kain’s past and interests. He had grown up in village very close to Alendale, where his father had been working with Devin. When his mother left for another man at the age of five, his father moved the two of them to Devin’s band. His father died when he was seven, shortly after the meeting with Lord Nathaniel. Jarin did not find that to be a coincidence. Jarin mentioned to the other man that their situations were similar. It was his way of offering comfort.

Jarin had grown up in the manor, though trained to fight. His mother had died from an illness when he was five, and his father’s attitude had changed from a gentle lord, to a man of violence. He had suddenly weeded out his advisors and servants, sending them away. He had also spent a great deal of time in his study, with his only remaining adviser. Jarin had not understood it then, but he was now certain that his father had begun his magic experiments at that time. Two years later, Kain and his father had come to the manor, and that had been where this entire mess had begun. Jarin tried not to feel responsible for the things that had happened to Kain, because he knew that he had not been the one to cause anything.

They spent the remainder of the day looking at maps and trying to figure out where the sorcerers would be. Though Kain could feel the demon stones that the sorcerers possessed, it was difficult to locate them. Rodney had been able to help with the location where Breely had died, but the sorcerers and wizards had moved since then. The rest of the work would need to be done by seeking out other people who knew about magic. There was an old wizard that lived south of Alendale, with whom Devin intended to speak. He would know of several locations where magic had a strong pull. That would help them to find the sorcerers and the demon stones. The only question was whether he was trustworthy. They would need to be very careful when speaking to him. Devin spoke to all of them, and decided to wait until they had more information about the sorcerers, or until Kain felt them near. That would give them a lead. They were more safe in the town, waiting. Only time would tell.