Status: thank you for defiling me // completed.

Flesh

Perfect

There were snickers all around. The beasts were laughing at Summer and Leon's failed attempt to make things right. And now Leon was dead, putting all of the responsibility of defeating the Shishuan tribe in Summer's hands.

Summer stood up, one side of her body was covered in Leon's blood. Arthur watched her as she stood in his presence.

"You" she growled. "Not only have you killed my brother but now you have murdered the only person I was able to trust anymore."

"Oh cry me a river! Leon deserved what he had coming to him. He was weak, just like his old man. He didn't deserve the Shishuan name." Arthur started to clean his nails with his tongue.

"He wasn't weak and you knew that. You had to bound him to a tree in order to win. You were afraid of his power." Summer taunted Arthur. She wanted him to attack her. She was ready to show him the plans Leon and her had created.

"He didn't have any powers!" Arthur yelled. "No one had any power beside me!"

"That's where you forget that I come in." Summer smirked.

Arthur was becoming frustrated, "That's enough, attack her!"

The beasts advanced towards her, but Summer dodged out of their way. She proceeded over to Leon's body, not allowing her feet to cave in beneath her. When she reached him, she glanced at his corpse for a second and did what she had to do.

"Forgive me." She whispered to him. She took out the blade she had kept for emergencies only as Leon had instructed her to do. Summer cut open the flesh on her palm quickly. It was bleeding profusely as she stuck her hand inside one of the halves of Leon's corpse.

"This needs to work." She muttered. "He told me this would work."

The beasts were starting to close in on her. She cursed underneath her breath.

"Leon, please. Don't fight it!" Summer shouted.

Then she felt it coursing through her veins. The feeling was so strong, Summer felt as if she was going to collapse. Her head began to pound, her flesh pulling itself tighter around her bones. She swore she was going to explode and then it had happened.

"Remember, Arthur's weakness is himself." She mouthed.

"Hey Arthur," Summer shouted. "Remember little Becky? Your sister when you were still slightly sane? Do you recall how you killed her? I do."

This was Summer's body talking. The lips were moving but it wasn't Summer's voice. The voice belonged to Leon.

Arthur smirked, "Well, if it isn't a soul exchange. She gave up her body so you could talk to me and die again?"

"You ripped her apart limb by limb. Just like you have done with my father."

"She deserved it." Arthur shrugged.

"Then how about Sally? Sally was one of us. What did she deserve? Oh right, you killed her because of-"

"Shut up!" Arthur shouted. There was sweat beginning to bead on his forehead. He knew Sally's sisters were still alive, in the tribe. Their host bodies expressing states of shock.

"But you were in love with her right? You call that love don't you?"

"You're a liar!" Arthur charged towards Summer's body. When he attacked, he dug his talons deep into her flesh. He was so sure it would have killed Leon.

But the flesh was barely injured. It had healed in a matter of seconds. Arthur stared at it in shock as if he couldn't comprehend how Leon survived.

"Let me let you in on a little history. My father was well known for his shape shifting abilities, which also gave him the power to share his soul. With Summer's healing abilities and her other power-"

"What? She possesses something else?" Arthur shouted. He was in disbelief over this new information. "I could have sworn I knew everything about her!"

Summer's body stepped forward now and swiftly touched her fingertips on Arthur's wrist, "It doesn't have to be like this." It was Summer's voice now. Arthur pulled away and looked at her with a dumbfound expression on his face.

"What was that about? You think that's going to stop me from killing you?" Arthur went in for another attack now. He jumped and launched himself at Summer's body. While in midair, she stared up at him and they smirked.

"Explode!" Leon and Summer had said in unison.

This caused Arthur to fall and land on his knees in front of her. The tribe around them gasped in horror. He held on to his head and began to shout.

"No not what I had done to Mama...Nana was so young when that had happened...Grayson, no....Papa-" Arthur yelled after that, "Stop it! Make it stop!"

"Sorry, no can do. All of your memories are going to come flooding back. Summer's flesh makes anyone she touches capable to remember the darkest of memories. Soon, they will cause your head to explode." As Arthur looked up into Summer's eyes, he noticed that they were fully black.

"He's already changed you, hasn't he?" Arthur laughed.

"I have asked him to beforehand. Before it was too late." Summer voice started to disappear. It was Leon's body now.

"Damn him..." Arthur whispered before his head exploded in front of him. The faces of the other tribe members told it all. Leon had won the battle and was going to be crowned the Shishuan's tribes new leader, but was it worth it in order to lose the one person he wanted to save most of all?

-----


They were at the warehouse, discussing final plans before the big fight. They knew that they had to have a back up plan in case all else failed. They also doubted that Summer had enough training to take on everyone on her own.

"Are you sure this is what you want?" He telepathically asked her.

"Yes. It needs to happen in case you're not there."

"Summer, if we do this, you'll eventually die." Leon whispered. "Your soul and your flesh will then belong to me."

"We have to do whatever we can to save the human race, Leon. We have to do what is right so that my flesh will not end up in the wrong hands. Leon, I trust you to use it wisely." She stared at him and touched his host body's bicep.

He flinched from her touch, "This is everything I go against right now. I want you to live. This is why I asked you to fight them off with me."

"Leon please. We don't have much time. I can feel them, they're closing in on us."

Leon sighed, "There is a way that doesn't require me to eat your flesh. Make sure that when and if I die in battle and you believe that this is your last resort, mix your blood with mine. We will then be united as one. I will have a new body and you will-"

"Cease to exist." Summer nodded. She stood on her toes and kissed him on the cheek. "This is what's right Leon please don't be upset. Now I'll always be with you."

"Yeah," he repeated. "You'll always be with me."
♠ ♠ ♠
Fin.

Thank you for all of the recommendations, comments, and subscribers! It has been fun writing this one. Let's see if I'll make a sequel someday.

-- Devvy