Status: One-Shot

Rooftop

Rooftop

"Our T.V. sucks." were the first words that Frank Iero said after an hour of watching the news. The screen was all fuzzy and you could barely see the broadcasters face. Not to mention the white noise that came along with the crappy visual.

"It's probably something with the satellite." his wife, Jamia Iero shrugged. Her head slowly turned to face Frank with a hopeful smile on her face. Frank ignored it and continued to watch the fuzzy screen while he slowly sank in the couch. "Frank?"

"Ugh!" Frank grunted, "fine! I'll fix it!" he sassed before standing up and sashaying towards the window. Jamia couldn't help but laugh as she watched her husband crawl out of the second story window and onto the roof. She walked over to the window and looked up to see Frank was struggling to climb up to the top.

"Are you okay?" Jamia called, causing Frank to flinch and nearly fall off the roof.

"Um, I might need some help!" Frank called back.

"Alright, I'm coming up!" Jamia yelled as she climbed onto the windowsill and grabbed the edge of the roof. They had both done this loads of times, not to fix the satellite but to just stargaze. But that was a long time ago, before they were even married.

Jamia hoisted herself up, her legs dangling because, well, the Iero couple weren't exactly what you would call tall. One of her legs, swung forward a little too hard and hit the window, slamming it closed. "Shit!"

"What? What happened?" Frank yelled as he scramble to get down to where his wife was still hanging. Using one of his hands, he grabbed Jamia's wrist and helped pull her the rest of the way up. "Are you okay?"

"We may have a teensy, tiny problem." Jamia shrunk down as Franks eyes widened, "I might have accidentally shut the window."

Frank sighed in relief, as he started reaching for his pocket, "That's not that bad, I could just call Gerard or someone to come help-" he froze and started wildly patting his clothes, "shit!"

Jamia groaned, knowing exactly what had happened, "you forgot your phone, didn't you?"

Frank nodded with a pout on his face, "you didn't happen to bring yours, did you?"

Jamia shook her head, "Mines charging. I didn't think we'd need one by just fixing the satellite."

Frank fell back onto their shingled roof, covering his face with his hands, "we're doomed!" he yelled out, "doomed, I tell you!"

The two fell silent as they sat there, thinking about ways to escape. They couldn't just jump, the only thing they had to catch them from the two-story drop would be rocks. Jamia was always telling Frank that they needed to get grass...

"What if we pulled off the shingles and used them to spell out SOS?" Frank suggested. Jamia looked at him as he were insane. "If a plane passes over us, BAM, we're saved!"

"That's genius!" She said sarcastically, "except for the part where a plane probably isn't going to fly low enough to actually see our SOS, we'd have to replace the shingles once we get down, and not to mention the fact that the shingles would blend in with the rest of the roof. "

Franks face fell, "Oh... Those are some very valid points." he grumbled. Not a moment later, his face lit up like a Christmas tree, "we could throw them on the ground! Then anyone would be able to see!"

Jamia rolled her hazel eyes as she handed him a loose shingle, "lets see how good your aim really is."

With a determined look on his face, Frank took the shingle in his hand as he looked for a place to throw it. "See that rock right there?" he pointed to a sand coloured rock, "It'll land on that!"

He narrowed his eyes, took a deep breath and leaned forward slightly. Still with determination in his eyes, he tossed the shingle to his target and... It completely missed. Frank and Jamia stared at the shingle that was about ten feet past the rock.

Finally, Frank broke the silence, "I never was good at sports..."

"I can see that." Jamia answered, not a heartbeat later.

Once again, silence engulfed the married couple as they both thought of ways to save themselves. Every so often, one of them would have a 'brilliant' idea that actually wouldn't be so brilliant and the other would shoot it down the second the words left their mouth.

"I've got it!" Jamia yelled in excitement. "Okay, so you know how in movies, whenever someone breaks out of something, they use their bed sheets tied together as a rope to get to the ground? We could do that, except use our clothes!"

Frank paused as he though it over, "that might actually work... I mean, we wouldn't reach the ground but it'd be low enough so it's safe to jump!"

Not even thinking about how dangerous that actually could be, the two immediately started stripping until they were left in nothing but their underwear and started tying the clothes together.

"This is brilliant, Jamia!" Frank grinned, "I married a genius!"

Jamia giggled as she helped tie her pants to Franks shirt, "This is going to be a great story. How we got stuck on a roof, naked!" she laughed before freezing as realization hit them both like a freight train. "Wait..."

"You mean to tell me that we're both stuck on a roof, naked, with no one around and we haven't done anything yet?" Frank restated.

A pregnant pause.

All at once, the couple leapt at each other, smothering the other with kisses as they fought to get the rest of their clothes off. "Wait, do you have protection?" Jamia paused and Frank shook his head.

"We're on a roof, it's safe." Frank replied, not even bothering to share his logic with his wife. "We'll be fine."

Nine months later, Cherry and Lily Iero were born.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this was for a prompt I entered! I hope you all enjoyed it and leave a comment! I have one more story from the prompt coming and like this, it will most likely be a One-Shot.