Status: CHAPTER NINE UP - READ, COMMENT AND REC! PLEASE AND THANK YOU!

You Me & the Dead

Chapter Ten

Everything was a little murky but the more I blinked the clearer he came into view and despite the horrendous pain in my head I instantly leaned up and wrapped my arms around his neck.

"Lexi, fuck, I thought I lost you," Daryl threw an arm around me being careful of my head. "You need to rest."

He tugged my hold on him loose and laid me back down.

"Rest? I feel like I've been out for days. How long was it really?" I could tell it had been sometime been the scenery had changed and Carl was back. I had to hear about that.

"Three days." "Three days!?" I exclaimed. The sound make my head throb and I grabbed my forehead as if to contain it and I could feel the stitched skin and the swelling. I must look so fucking gorgeous right now.

"Shut up, damn it. Now Glenn and Maggie made a run and hit up a pharmacy - got some pretty nice pills. OxyContin and Percocets would normal knock a little thing like you on your ass but I cut them up small so they won't knock you out again, just take away the pain." Daryl said this in such away that I knew the past three days on him were really tough.

I reached up and touched his face, "Everything is okay now; I'm fine."

Daryl put his hand on top of mine and I could feel the same electricity that was there on the first day we met. I had the strongest feeling he wanted to make a move but just didn't know how to do it. Either being afraid, nervous or just had been out of the game too long - hey, this is an apocalypse after all.

I though, didn't care about a world full of flesh eating walkers or that I might be dead in the next twenty-four hours. All that mattered was those blue eyes that were staring back into mine. I looked down at his lips and think at the same moment we both just said fuck it because our noses crashed and we didn't give it a second thought and then our lips were melting together. Daryl thought I needed drugs to cure my headache and all I really needed was him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please read and comment!